Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How many current UK freshmen STAY more than one season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of the current UK basketball Freshmen will stay past their Freshman year? (if any)

Wall
Cousins
Hood
Orton
Dodson (not sure if he is a freshman but I am including him)
Bledsoe
I would say these 4
Hood
Orton
Dodson
Bledsoe
Calapari will talk Cousins into staying because he has a lot of work to do before he is ready for the play for pay.

Cousins is a big talented cry baby and NBA teams will not want to take a chance on him.
so i see this group\
Hood
Orton
Bledsoe
Dodson
Cousins
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Calapari will talk Cousins into staying because he has a lot of work to do before he is ready for the play for pay.

Cousins is a big talented cry baby and NBA teams will not want to take a chance on him.
so i see this group\
Hood
Orton
Bledsoe
Dodson
Cousins

He IS a baby, and Calipari will probably try to talk him into staying BUT would he stay if Coach asked him to stay or would be be like Kelenna Azubuike?
John Wall will be the only one going to the NBA next year out of this freshman class.
All of them will stay because Wall wants to play a college game at North Carolina
I'd like to see Cousins stay. Not convinced he is ready. I think Wall is the only one ready to move on among the freshman. That would put us replacing Wall and Patterson with a pretty good talented group coming back. Of course you can count on Cal bringing in some good talent as well.
I think cal pulls his magic and brings everybody back but patterson.
If Kentucky doesn't win a National Championship, then Patterson may return for his senior year, aka.... Tyler Hansbourgh
Navajo4life Wrote:If Kentucky doesn't win a National Championship, then Patterson may return for his senior year, aka.... Tyler Hansbourgh

Patterson is gone after this year. He is graduating in May, so unless he can delay graduation (which I don't know if that's even possible), he will be gone.
There's a possibility that no one in our starting five leaves if we don't win a national championship. I'd say if we win though, Wall & Cousins leave along with non-freshman Patterson.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Patterson is gone after this year. He is graduating in May.

You can still take classes at UK even if you've graduated to stay on the team from my understanding.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You can still take classes at UK even if you've graduated to stay on the team from my understanding.

But you would no longer be "degree-seeking" since he would already have his degree, so I don't know if that would make him eligible or not. I admit I have no clue how it would work. He may be able to do it no problem.
Patterson would still be able to play next year if he chose to even after graduation, but he won't. Whether they win a championship or not, Patterson and Wall are gone people. What else would Wall want? He is guaranteed the number one pick basically and Patterson is going to be a lottery pick. They will both leave. I think Cousins will stay though. He isn't close to being ready for the NBA. Too big of a baby right now. I highly doubt Wall would want to stay just to play a game at North Carolina. If he wanted to play a game at North Carolina, he would be in a Tar Heel uniform. He is one and done.
He (Patterson) can stay at UK as long as he is enrolled in school, he can be a graduate student and still play college basketball..... ****, he can redshirt after this year, develop his game and play a 5th year and be a redshirt 5 year senior, THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN
runninrebs21 Wrote:Patterson would still be able to play next year if he chose to even after graduation, but he won't. Whether they win a championship or not, Patterson and Wall are gone people. What else would Wall want? He is guaranteed the number one pick basically and Patterson is going to be a lottery pick. They will both leave. I think Cousins will stay though. He isn't close to being ready for the NBA. Too big of a baby right now. I highly doubt Wall would want to stay just to play a game at North Carolina. If he wanted to play a game at North Carolina, he would be in a Tar Heel uniform. He is one and done.

You never know, Wall may want to stay another year and play with former high school teammate CJ Leslie. He may want to win a national championship because we and he knows that even if he stays another year, he is still the #1 pick whether that be in the 2010 or 2011 draft.

I think chances are Wall's gone after this season, but the I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him returning for another season.
Wall, for now.. I think if UK goes deep in march, might help Cousins stock and more get attention and he may go as well.
First off, Dodson is a sophomore (Miami Dade Community College), thus he is not in the equation.

C'mon, is anybody serious in thinking that Wall stays? You are dreaming, absolutely dreaming to think he would stay just to win a National Championship or to play at UNC or any other reason. He, as Lebron says, is possibly the #1 pick in the draft - Atleast a Lottery pick. It's just crazy to think this kid, with this much talent stays. Look at the history of players like Wall. We are not talking about very good basketball players, we are talking about GREAT players. Not a chance that Wall stays, none! Even if an injury took him down this year, no chance of him coming back. NBA players are already in his head.

Cousins will be counseled to stay. He has a lot to learn and I don't see him heading in the right direction anytime soon. He still plays with too much emotion that is detrimental to his abilities. He is not better then P-Pat when he was a Frosh. But, if enough people get in his ear, he could be the only other Frosh that I see who could leave. He has the frame and the athletic ability. If he ever gets his head in-check, he could be a solid NBA player, not great, but solid.

Bledsoe stays because he needs a year as starting Point Guard. He will not be a 2 in the NBA. This experience as a 2 will help his overall stock, but NBA teams are going to want to see him run the point. If he is successful his sophomore year, he may likely go.

Orton, too raw. You don't see any "6th man" guys jump to the NBA. He's here his sophomore and junior at least.

Hood, he does not get playing time now, so why would this even be a consideration.
I was on ESPN.com a few minutes ago and was reading the conversation post on the UK-Indiana game, 1 really stuck out to me the guy's name was UKstudent2009 and he posted as if he was friends with just a few of the basketball players, people was saying when wall leaves and PPat that UK will still be good but not as good. He retaliated by saying that there was rumors floating around Campus that no matter the out come of the season that PPat could possibly want to further his education and that he was trying to talk Wall in to coming back for 1 more year.

Now my question to you is this if Wall and PPat come back for 1 more year would this hurt UK in the department of recruiting another point guard because they will still have Hood, Miller, Wall and Bledsoe so would the high profile players like Selby and Knight look to go elsewhere

"Remember this is just a rumor ,I just wanted to get everybody's opinion on this".
What I meant when I said that PPat wanted to further his education, was that he wanted to better his degree, well that is what the post read.
IMO I don't really see Wall or PPat come back after they get a taste of a few New York city dinners, see all those Mercedes and the whole world of the NBA he will be gone.

Lebron even said in an interview that Wall had been coming to his camps the past few summers, and that he will be the #1 pick this summer. John Wall will listen to the words of the greatest NBA player in the world I know I would but with Lebron saying that Wall is gone.
I think Wall is one and done,but the other Freshmen need to stay to work on their game and will. Cousins will be ready after two years under Coach Cal.
Wall for sure, and more than likely Cousins(though he needs to stay another year).
Stardust Wrote:First off, Dodson is a sophomore (Miami Dade Community College), thus he is not in the equation.

C'mon, is anybody serious in thinking that Wall stays? You are dreaming, absolutely dreaming to think he would stay just to win a National Championship or to play at UNC or any other reason. He, as Lebron says, is possibly the #1 pick in the draft - Atleast a Lottery pick. It's just crazy to think this kid, with this much talent stays. Look at the history of players like Wall. We are not talking about very good basketball players, we are talking about GREAT players. Not a chance that Wall stays, none! Even if an injury took him down this year, no chance of him coming back. NBA players are already in his head.

Cousins will be counseled to stay. He has a lot to learn and I don't see him heading in the right direction anytime soon. He still plays with too much emotion that is detrimental to his abilities. He is not better then P-Pat when he was a Frosh. But, if enough people get in his ear, he could be the only other Frosh that I see who could leave. He has the frame and the athletic ability. If he ever gets his head in-check, he could be a solid NBA player, not great, but solid.

Bledsoe stays because he needs a year as starting Point Guard. He will not be a 2 in the NBA. This experience as a 2 will help his overall stock, but NBA teams are going to want to see him run the point. If he is successful his sophomore year, he may likely go.

Orton, too raw. You don't see any "6th man" guys jump to the NBA. He's here his sophomore and junior at least.

Hood, he does not get playing time now, so why would this even be a consideration

Whenever I posted this thread I was not SAYING that ALL of these players are coming out. I just asked who would leave and posted EVERY player that came in this season. I was pretty sure that Dodson wasn't a Freshman but I included him because this is his first season at UK.

I am sure that you know this though, I am just posting this so people don't read your post and misconstrue mine.
This one is simple. Wall and Patterson are gone no matter what. There is 0% chance that they stay. As of now, I would say Cousins will be staying. If he begins to improve rapidly, and grows up, then he could make a run at the pros too. I don't see him leaving unless he is a first rounder. Don't worry though, because it looks promising for us to get at least one good PG, C.J. Leslie, and Doran Lamb, along with already signed Stacey Poole.
mrfootball03 Wrote:This one is simple. Wall and Patterson are gone no matter what. There is 0% chance that they stay. As of now, I would say Cousins will be staying. If he begins to improve rapidly, and grows up, then he could make a run at the pros too. I don't see him leaving unless he is a first rounder. Don't worry though, because it looks promising for us to get at least one good PG, C.J. Leslie, and Doran Lamb, along with already signed Stacey Poole.

well said:Thumbs:
a guy i play basketball and work with in alabama played ball with bledsoe since middle school. they're real close friends and as of right now bledsoe says hisplans are to leave in 3.....cousins needs alot of work in order to go to the NBA. once he gets some mechanics he'll be great!!!
If we win the title cousins, patterson, and wall are all gone. I would like cousins to stay though. If we get 2 years out of cousins we will be lucky.
leecoukfan Wrote:John Wall will be the only one going to the NBA next year out of this freshman class.

I Agree