Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Western Carolina 91 - Louisville 83
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!

Cards Go Down Again :Clap:
Oh I'm sorry Cards, is Western Carolina a little too much for you too? We tried Charlotte and that didn't work and now this?

theVILLE, explanations? Are your "three main guys" still out? What's the deal? :biggrin:
:Clap::Clap: Keep up the good work Cards! :Clap::Clap:
Louisville better hope they can get things together before they get into conference play or they'll be singing the blues in the NIT.
oh happy day-oh happy day when they go down
What has happened to Louisville?
Man.. There fans are melting down on there rivals board. Some even wanting ol Slick Rick to step down. lol, Theres a thread on there that says "I wanted to give Kentucky congrats on there win for Jan 2nd, you guys have a great team, and we suck" I love it...
Will we ever hear from theVille again?????

You wait and see, he will have a UK Avatar next week
muawaaa haaa haa ha ha! I love it!
Louisville played the game like they really didn't care whether they won or lost. It looks like this year the cards will be in the nit haha if they get invited.
Where is theVille? :biggrin:
OUCH! The Cards are now 5-3 and they've lost 3 out of their last 4 games with losses to UNLV, Charlotte, and Western Carolina! The loss to Charlotte was the worse home loss Rick Pitino has suffered at Freedom Hall! Not to mention that Chris Braswell a freshman from Charlotte had a career high 21 points against the Cards last week and this week Mike Williams a junior from Western Carolina scored a career high 24 points on the Cards! It's not looking too good for Louisville in the future because not only do they have the Big East to look forward to but there's also Western Kentucky who just beat Vanderbilt and of course the Wildcats who SHOULD be ranked #1 when the new poll comes put! So imo it looks like the Cards are setting theirselves up for a disappointing season!!
:lmao: LMAO!!!...

Littlebrothers season and Pitino's career is going..:flush:
OUCH,,,, It's a great day to NOT BE A CARD FAN
I knew Louisville was going to struggle this year but def. did not see them starting out 5-3 with losses to UNLV, Western Carolina and Charlotte
Don't worry guys. theVILLE will on here tonight or tomorrow with more excuses than any of us can even think of. :biggrin:
Feel sorry for our little sister team getting crushed,
If they keep this up they wont even be getting an NIT invite..
its not to late to join the church league im in.. UL might pick up a win or 2 there.. maybe
:popcorn:
BelfryPride Wrote::lmao: LMAO!!!...

Littlebrothers season and Pitino's career is going..:flush:

I LOVE IT :Cheerlead
that would be nice to beat Loserville to get our 15 win thats awesome baby.
love it!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Louisville better hope they can get things together before they get into conference play or they'll be singing the blues in the NIT.

Remember, you cannot spell Pitino without "N-I-T":lmao:
god UL is just plain awful.
Couldn't happen to a better team...
I was in attendance at the game...this team was shooting the ball well...I cant find an execuse for as why they got beat...this game should have been the other way around...Louisville was not moving at all on offennse...This was a horrible called game, just went both ways...If you remember they lost this many last season to going into BEAST..just saying
theVILLE Wrote:I was in attendance at the game...this team was shooting the ball well...I cant find an execuse for as why they got beat...this game should have been the other way around...Louisville was not moving at all on offennse...This was a horrible called game, just went both ways...If you remember they lost this many last season to going into BEAST..just saying

You're kidding yourself if you think this year's Louisville team is going to overachieve like last years!
theVILLE Wrote:I was in attendance at the game...this team was shooting the ball well...I cant find an execuse for as why they got beat...this game should have been the other way around...Louisville was not moving at all on offennse...This was a horrible called game, just went both ways...If you remember they lost this many last season to going into BEAST..just saying

I watched the game on TV and this Louisville team just doesn't look like they want to win a game. The dont move on offense, they dont play D very well, Samuels is supposed to be the leader and he has been playing terrible all season up to this point. They are all very hot headed right now besides Sosa who is the only one showing any type of promise during this skid. I think Louisville has ALOT to worry about right now besides Ws and Ls. They dont seem to communicate, they dont help one another up so I think there may be some internal problems between the players and even maybe Rick
UL's biggest issues right now:
1. They depend sooooo heavily on Samuels and Sosa to be their primary offensive threats. I said before the season that UL's biggest concern was the fact that they don't have a 2 or 3 with the ability to create offense, that their current players depend on their teammates to free them up, and that is very true. Sosa has really stepped his game up, but it still remains that when Samuels is having an off night (which seems to be happening more and more) UL then has to rely on very inconsistent shooters to fill the void.

2. The defensive intensity of this team is nowhere remotely close to being that of the past few years. In previous seasons the Cards could rely on their defensive pressure to disrupt opposing teams and give them points off turnovers, this year's team is slow to rotate, inadequate at blocking shots, and the guards don't have the ability to lock down scorers.

3. As a direct result of their defense being unable to create sudden change baskets with their pressure, UL is not displaying the ability to have those long sustained spurts (unlike UK who is killing teams with this). UL in the past couple years could slack off or play without complete focus and still blow out teams because they could go on these 12-20 point swings. This team does not have that ability to do this night in and night out.

4. Cohesion. I can't stnd UL, but I will give credit where it is due and say that the teams in the past few years have actually been fun to watch play other teams. They were agressive, they always made the extra pass, and they played in unison. For whatever reason that is gone this year. I don't know if it is lasting effects from Sypher-gate and Pitino's 5 months of hiding,or what, but UL plays like a bunch of line bearded individuals.
Pages: 1 2