Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Kentucky the best team in the nation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am now conviced that UK is the best team in the nation. I mean it's hard to say that but Kansas hasn't really done anything, the only good team they've played is an unranked Memphis team that held them under 60 and they only beat by 2 (58-56).

You can't deny that RIGHT NOW, when you factor in everything, that UK is playing the best basketball in the country and deserves to be ranked #1.

Let's hear why or why not Kentucky is the best team in the America...don't be a homer.
We are playing good ball right now. It's scary how good this team can be.
vundy33 Wrote:I am now conviced that UK is the best team in the nation. I mean it's hard to say that but Kansas hasn't really done anything, the only good team they've played is an unranked Memphis team that held them under 60 and they only beat by 2 (58-56).

You can't deny that RIGHT NOW, when you factor in everything, that UK is playing the best basketball in the country and deserves to be ranked #1.

Let's hear why or why not Kentucky is the best team in the America...don't be a homer.

Agreed
I don't think we are right now, but can we be? Yes! Kansas & Texas haven't really played any real tough competition and Villanova has struggled to put away average at best teams. Kentucky has played really, really well so far with such a young team, but we could be beaten on any given night.
Right now: No.

In ten games: Yes.
I don't know, but I don't think I agree with the current polls.

UK is 2-0 against top 25 teams. Villanova is 1-0, Kansas and Texas have yet to play a top 25 team.

Games against top 50, Villanova is 3-0 followed by UK's 2-0, Kansas 1-0 and Texas yet to play a top 50 team.

Villanova gets the edge on schedule strength against competition up to this point with a 74.7 score, followed by Texas with 73.36 then UK with 71.52. #1 team in the nation Kansas has played the easiest schedule thus far with a 68.1 score.

I think the polls should be:

#1 Syracuse - 3-0 against top 25, 4-0 agaisnt top 50
#2 Villanova
#3 UK
#4 Kansas
#5 Texas
Absolutely not.. They may not even be the best team in the SEC. Just because they have beaten a couple pretty good teams in UNC and UCON let's not anoint them king of the hill just yet. Would much better to be the #1 team in April than in Dec.
Stardust Wrote:I don't know, but I don't think I agree with the current polls.

UK is 2-0 against top 25 teams. Villanova is 1-0, Kansas and Texas have yet to play a top 25 team.

Games against top 50, Villanova is 3-0 followed by UK's 2-0, Kansas 1-0 and Texas yet to play a top 50 team.

Villanova gets the edge on schedule strength against competition up to this point with a 74.7 score, followed by Texas with 73.36 then UK with 71.52. #1 team in the nation Kansas has played the easiest schedule thus far with a 68.1 score.

#2 Villanova
#3 UK
#4 Kansas
#5 Texas

could the schedule strength change since florida is doing so well?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:could the schedule strength change since florida is doing so well?

Absolutely. That's why I was for one, not rooting for Florida to lose the other night. Schedule strength plays a big roll in determining the seeds for the tournament. Right now the SEC is five, os if they were choosing the top four seeds in the tourney, UK plays in the lowest conference of the three teams ahead of us in the rankings. We need the SEC teams to beat the teams in the other conferences, not root for them to lose. It hurts UK in the long run.

1 ATLANTIC COAST = 83.74
2 BIG EAST = 83.60
3 BIG 12 = 83.08
4 BIG TEN = 81.73
5 SOUTHEASTERN = 81.63
6 PACIFIC-10 = 78.74
7 ATLANTIC 10 = 78.35
8 MOUNTAIN WEST = 78.07
9 CONFERENCE USA = 77.07
10 MISSOURI VALLEY = 76.94
Next week there is no reason why Kentucky should not be at least #2 in the polls. They beat UNC and UCONN which were both top 15 and then got a nice road win at Indiana. They wasn't the toughest team to beat but going on the road and winning in that environment def helped the Cats. I do believe Kansas will stay at #1 because they are getting a lot of hype but I think with the two wins we got this week will push us past Nova and Texas. Also remember next week Texas plays UNC so that game will do big things when asking yourself if Kentucky deserves to be #1 or #2............Go Cats!
I personally don't care about what rank they are, but i know they are a great team. They are playing some exciting basketball right now, but i'm not sure about the best basketball. They are still making too many mistakes. they are really getting the baskets when they need them though, and that makes for a great team. But we are still a little soft when Wall is not in the game. But if Bledsoe can play consistantly like he did today then we are going to be the best team in the nation by the end of Jan. So far I think we have played a tougher schedule up to this point than the teams ranked ahead of UK, but that is just because of this three game stretch we just came out of.

But it's the close games to teams that shouldn't be getting close to us that make me doubt being the best team in the nation right now. However I do honestly believe that we can beat any team in the nation. I just think there are some teams out there that could beat us as well..

I'm not worried about it right now though.. I'm fully confident that when march rolls around we will be back in the tourney making a trip to at least the final four.
Quote:I personally don't care about what rank they are, but i know they are a great team. They are playing some exciting basketball right now, but i'm not sure about the best basketball. They are still making too many mistakes. they are really getting the baskets when they need them though, and that makes for a great team. But we are still a little soft when Wall is not in the game. But if Bledsoe can play consistantly like he did today then we are going to be the best team in the nation by the end of Jan. So far I think we have played a tougher schedule up to this point than the teams ranked ahead of UK, but that is just because of this three game stretch we just came out of.

But it's the close games to teams that shouldn't be getting close to us that make me doubt being the best team in the nation right now. However I do honestly believe that we can beat any team in the nation. I just think there are some teams out there that could beat us as well..

I'm not worried about it right now though.. I'm fully confident that when march rolls around we will be back in the tourney making a trip to at least the final four.

thanks for saying that now i dont have to you have it down to a T.
This is my outlook on it. UK has looked good, just as many other teams have. I am starting to think, "If UK isn't the best team, nobody has looked that much better than them."

The way I see it 6 or 7 teams are pretty even.
UK is among the Elite teams in the nation. They can be beaten, but they have proven that they can beat anyone.
I agree, I would put Syracuse at #1 because of their zone defense and their ability to score off of transition ....
Nope, but a very good possibility later in the season.
Not yet,but just give this team more time they can be.GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have the potential to be the best in the nation before its all over with.
As of right now i would have to Rank my top 5 like this:
1.Syracuse - beat at the time (12)California, (4)North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and (11)Florida.
2.Kentucky - beat at the time (11)North Carolina and (12)Connecticut
3.Purdue - beat at the time (11)Tennessee
4.Kansas - haven't played anyone in the Top 25 yet but they're stacked
5.Villanova - beat at the time (21)Dayton and also beat Mississippi who is now ranked #25
If this kentucky team ever played a full game the way they played NC in the first half they could take a few of the worse teams in the NBA. Right now i think Kansas would beat us by the time march rolls around we will probably be #1.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If this kentucky team ever played a full game the way they played NC in the first half they could take a few of the worse teams in the NBA. Right now i think Kansas would beat us by the time march rolls around we will probably be #1.

Thats a stretch, but I do agree, if they played the way the played that first half, they would have no issue with any college team in the nation.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If this kentucky team ever played a full game the way they played NC in the first half they could take a few of the worse teams in the NBA. Right now i think Kansas would beat us by the time march rolls around we will probably be #1.

This is rediculous to even think. It's like saying Bama could beat some of the worst teams in the NFL.
This Uk team is young, and will get better! That's the scary thing about it.
GO CATS!!!

king360 Wrote:This is rediculous to even think. It's like saying Bama could beat some of the worst teams in the NFL.

R u seriuos? I totally agree with PaintsvilleTigerfan's statement! We played absolutely amazing in the 1st half of the North Carolina game and we have 3 players (Patterson, Wall, Cousins) that could go in the 1st round NBA Draft next year and maybe even all be lottery picks! Not to mention that 2 or 3 more from this team will most likely go to the NBA when their tunure at Kentucky is over!
paintsvilletigerfan Wrote:if this kentucky team ever played a full game the way they played nc in the first half they could take a few of the worse teams in the nba. right now i think kansas would beat us by the time march rolls around we will probably be #1.

lol.
leecoukfan Wrote:R u seriuos? I totally agree with PaintsvilleTigerfan's statement! We played absolutely amazing in the 1st half of the North Carolina game and we have 3 players (Patterson, Wall, Cousins) that could go in the 1st round NBA Draft next year and maybe even all be lottery picks! Not to mention that 2 or 3 more from this team will most likely go to the NBA when their tunure at Kentucky is over!

Are you seriously thinking that this team, even with the way they played against UNC, could match up with any NBA team? Seriously? I hope it's just a facetious comment, because there is no possible way that could happen. Not as a team. We have good players, with Wall and P-Pat being able to play right now in the NBA, but as a team, compete with an NBA team? NO WAY!
Stardust Wrote:Are you seriously thinking that this team, even with the way they played against UNC, could match up with any NBA team? Seriously? I hope it's just a facetious comment, because there is no possible way that could happen. Not as a team. We have good players, with Wall and P-Pat being able to play right now in the NBA, but as a team, compete with an NBA team? NO WAY!

Yeah, i think they could put up a good fight against the New Jersey Nets!
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, i think they could put up a good fight against the New Jersey Nets!

Oh my, well, that's your opinion.
Stardust Wrote:Are you seriously thinking that this team, even with the way they played against UNC, could match up with any NBA team? Seriously? I hope it's just a facetious comment, because there is no possible way that could happen. Not as a team. We have good players, with Wall and P-Pat being able to play right now in the NBA, but as a team, compete with an NBA team? NO WAY!

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I don't know, but I don't think I agree with the current polls.

#2 Villanova
#3 UK
#4 Kansas
#5 Texas
People laughed at me when I said that Syracuse is the best team in the country, but I think they are too..
With Nova getting beat today, I think its Syracuse, UK, Kansas..
Pages: 1 2