Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (4) Kentucky 90 - Indiana 73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Cal takes the Cats to a 10-0 record, matching the patriarch Adolph Rupp's recored for starting the season undefeated in their first year.

The feisty Hoosiers made this a game in the first half, but the Cats were just too much in the second half.

Wall had the sickest opposite hand dunk that I have ever seen with his lefthanded poster dunk. Bledsoe shot lights-out proving that he may be the outside shooter that the Cats will need down the stretch.

Cats dominated the boards 42 to 20

Cats had 6 blocked shots

Dodson came off the bench to put up 10 points

Only downside is the Freethrow shooting. Something that did not affect them in this game, but has kept the other teams close in the last few games.

Game leaders:

Bledsoe- 23 Points
Patterson- 11 Rebounds
Wall- 8 Assists
Liggins got in a few seconds at the end.
Might be the only playing time he gets all year
PC_You_Know Wrote:Liggins got in a few seconds at the end.

Noticed that,.
What a complete game for UK in their first true road test this season. Indiana hung tough the first half and freshman Maurice Creek finished with 31 points for the Hoosiers. The floor game by Wall was exceptional; you could only admire the way he played today. Dodson played big off the bench for the Wildcats as well. Patterson, Bledsoe, and Cousins were great as well. Just an overall great game for Kentucky.

I really like Indiana's competitiveness. Tom Krean has done an outstanding job there for the resources he inherited.

Go Wildcats!
Good game, I love UK. I thought it would be tough at first but I thought we would've had a bigger lead at the half. UK showed ALOT of resilience, toughness, and their will to win in a very hostile environment.
Congrats CATS.
The most complete game Kentucky has played this season. I was very impressed with the way our players handled themselves in a hostile environment early in the game when it seemed like Indiana couldn't miss. Tom Crean's team plays nice fundamental basketball and I expect the Hoosiers to be a power in another season or two, as Crean has done a good job thus far.

GBB!

GBB!
Tom Crean's team would not go away! UK played a pretty good game. They are getting better everyday.
Indiana came out on fire and played a near perfect first half to keep it close. UK's talent just took over in the second half.
Pretty much figured it would work out like this, Indiana would feed off the crowds energy and enthusiam for the first part of the game and eventually the superior talent and experience would take over with Kentucky and thats basically what happened from my understanding. I didn't actually get to watch the game becasue im at work.

Congrats to the Cats and coach Calipari in starting the season 10-0!!!!!TongueirateSho
The biggest question mark right now is, what has happened to Darius Miller? He is playing scared to death.... We need Miller to make more shots and give us more on the offensive end than what he has been giving us the past three games
Navajo4life Wrote:The biggest question mark right now is, what has happened to Darius Miller? He is playing scared to death.... We need Miller to make more shots and give us more on the offensive end than what he has been giving us the past three games

I have watched Darius play for 6 years. This is the way that Darius plays. Even in HS, he had the ability to dominate games, but he would only do it when he wanted to do it. I was present when Preston Knowles GRC team stole one from Darius in the 10th region finals Miller's Jr. year. All because Darius would only play in spurts, never pressed, never looked to take over.

Unfortunately, this is how he plays.
Stardust Wrote:Unfortunately, this is how he plays.
That's not an excuse. Calipari should set him if he doesn't start to step it up.
The Cats are looking better and better as the season progresses. I think if we keep getting better we are the only team who can beat Kansas. The sky is the limit with this team and if we can stay healthy this may be one of the best season's in sometime in Lexington. Go Cats.
Another quality win! Cats look like they are getting better every game! Alot further along at this point in the season than I thought they would be!
Amun-Ra Wrote:That's not an excuse. Calipari should set him if he doesn't start to step it up.

No excuses, but they obviously see something we don't
Miller is fine. The cats don't need him to score 10 to 15 a game atleast not this year. He is doing good on Defense and getting his 8 pts a game. With all the talent the cats have that is good enough.