Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (4)Kentucky 64 - (14)Conneticut 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All Wall tonight. Kid steps up in the limelight, and shines. Scarry thing for me is that this team is all Wall. With no Wall, we are very average. We also are going to have to have a three point shooter before this season ends.

Cats played very streaky, but give it up to a very game UConn team. All the false hope after UConn's game against Harvard was unfounded. They are good!

A win is a Win baby!
Ohhhhh c.a.t.s. Cats cats cats....9-0 BABY!
Cats are the best team in the nation bring on Kansas
When you're playing teams like UNC and UConn, whether you win by 2 or 30, you have done a great job folks.

Go Wildcats!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:When you're playing teams like UNC and UConn, whether you win by 2 or 30, you have done a great job folks.

Go Wildcats!

Very well said
WOW!!! What a performance by Wall on the biggest stage in basketball! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9-0!!!
Anybody else think that the zebras needed to just swallow the whistle at some point in this game?????
Cats got no calls, but kept fighting back. Good job
Lets chip together and buy theVILLE a case of Nyquil and Tylenol PM because he is going to have trouble sleeping the rest of the month as he watches UK become legit while his Cards get blown out by mid major schools.
We are good, but I wouldn't say we are the best in the country. We make so many freshman mistakes, that you never know what we are going to do. We can look outstanding, and horrible in the same game. Kansas has quite a few veterans that don't make those stupid mistakes we do. We may not be the best team right now, but we'll be there in March. And it doesn't matter who is the best team in the nation right now, its the best team in March, and I believe we will be ready then. Still a great win, and we keep improving, and thats what we need to do.
John Wall might be the second coming.

Refs really needed to just let them play in this game. Announcers called Bledsoe's block a hard foul, I thought he got a lot of the ball. This was a badly called game on both sides.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Anybody else think that the zebras needed to just swallow the whistle at some point in this game?????

It went both ways. When you saw the replays, the fouls were legit. UConn plays a very physical game (Big East), so it was easy to expect a lot of calls. Bledsoe flat out made stupid fouls. Orton played hard, and had Frosh fouls. UConn had four guys with four fouls, including Dyson. We may be happy that the refs blew the whistle because Dyson was outplaying Wall when he got himself in foul trouble
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lets chip together and buy theVILLE a case of Nyquil and Tylenol PM because he is going to have trouble sleeping the rest of the month as he watches UK become legit while his Cards get blown out by mid major schools.

LOL :biggrin::Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lets chip together and buy theVILLE a case of Nyquil and Tylenol PM because he is going to have trouble sleeping the rest of the month as he watches UK become legit while his Cards get blown out by mid major schools.
Haha. I'll make the trip to Rite Aid right now for him!

We got on fire at first but went into a slump. But with 4 players in the first half with 2 fouls, we just kept fighting. We didn't give up no matter what calls we didn't get. A great team always finds a way to win!
9-0!!! Man it feels great to see those numbers like that again! :biggrin:
cards_athlete Wrote:Haha. I'll make the trip to Rite Aid right now for him!

We got on fire at first but went into a slump. But with 4 players in the first half with 2 fouls, we just kept fighting. We didn't give up no matter what calls we didn't get. A great team always finds a way to win!
9-0!!! Man it feels great to see those numbers like that again! :biggrin:

Grab a couple bottles of hot sauce as well... he'll need it for all the crow he has stored up that he will have to eat
You probably won't get a lot of props from me during basketball season, but John Wall is a great player. He was very impressive tonight.
No way would we be anywhere close to Kansas for a least another month of practice. We see glimps of the teams potential but until we can make that one stretch last for the entire 40 minutes, we are not going to be able to hang with a team like Kansas. Great win by the Cats!! Keep showing the nation that the BIG BLUE NATION is back!! Love having these kind of games again vs good teams. As everyone sees Wall is the man and will be for the whole year but Patterson had the best game overall (rebounds, points, quality shots). Love this team's WILL TO WIN!!!!
I agree with most of the fouls, but the one on Orton when he was taking a charge was total BS...... Then UConn comes down the floor and runs a player over and then they call a block, same freaking call, but both goes UConn way..... However, great, great, great win for the CATS.... Over Winter Break, they will gel and they will be a total different team... It did not help that Patrick turned his ankle and was not in the offense down the stretch
The most scary thing is, we aren't even playing up to our potential and still beating top 15 teams. Yes, right now the team has been put on John Wall's back, but in the big games that's how its supposed to be. But guys like Bledsoe, Orton, and Cousins have got to learn how to not make so many mistakes. Each are just unbelievable players and have a ton of potential and sometime this season everyone will gel and we will become one. Then my friends, we shall be unstoppable!

As for the refs - I did not agree with majority of the calls, as this game was called to close. Lets the kids play and give people what they want to see!

GBB!
You can see improvement every game. I mean just last month we beat Miami by 2. Now we have back to back wins over top 15 teams.
There is no 'ctrl' button on John Wall's computer. John Wall is always in control.
Its amazing how there has been no mention of Patrick Patterson. I love Wall and everything he does, but I think when they go into droughts like they did after the 12-0 start, Patterson's big butt needs to goto the block and GET HIM THE BALL! He had 16 huge points, and man does he look gooood knocking down that jumper. So proud of this guy and how he has handled maybe not at many touches as he probably should have. Says a lot about him and what kind of guy he is. In a day when everyone is about "me" , Patterson is a breath of fresh air.
OldTymer Wrote:Its amazing how there has been no mention of Patrick Patterson. I love Wall and everything he does, but I think when they go into droughts like they did after the 12-0 start, . So proud of this guy and how he has handled maybe not at many touches as he probably should have. Says a lot about him and what kind of guy hPatterson's big butt needs to goto the block and GET HIM THE BALL! He had 16 huge points, and man does he look gooood knocking down that jumpere is. In a day when everyone is about "me" , Patterson is a breath of fresh air.

:Thumbs: Well said.
WOW!! Great game! Them Huskies are no joke! Thanks to the GREAT WALL OF KENTUCKY we were able to win this and that IS the reason! When Wall got in foul trouble is when we went downhill and then he came back in the second half and we got the lead back in the second half. I am proud of UK, the fact that we're 9-0. BUT, there is a major concern about our performance when Wall is not on the floor, Coach Cal needs to address this with his team because there may be, God forbid, a time when Wall can't play all or the majority of the game.
But again Congrats to the Cats!!!
leecoukfan Wrote:WOW!! Great game! Them Huskies are no joke! Thanks to the GREAT WALL OF KENTUCKY we were able to win this and that IS the reason! When Wall got in foul trouble is when we went downhill and then he came back in the second half and we got the lead back in the second half. I am proud of UK, the fact that we're 9-0. BUT, there is a major concern about our performance when Wall is not on the floor, Coach Cal needs to address this with his team because there may be, God forbid, a time when Wall can't play all or the majority of the game.
But again Congrats to the Cats!!!

Do you think the game slows down when Wall is off the floor because Bledsoe is not an up tempo player, or because Bledsoe is still hurting from the ankle. I agree with you though, without Wall, we are average at best.

For anyone to think that there is any chance of Wall being a Sophomore in college, they should look to the last two games to realize, this kid will be driving a Bentley next season.
Stardust Wrote:Do you think the game slows down when Wall is off the floor because Bledsoe is not an up tempo player, or because Bledsoe is still hurting from the ankle. I agree with you though, without Wall, we are average at best.

For anyone to think that there is any chance of Wall being a Sophomore in college, they should look to the last two games to realize, this kid will be driving a Bentley next season.

About the first statement, I think it is the ankle and Bledsoe having a small confidence problem. When he and Wall are in the game, they are a thing of beauty in the fast break. When Wall is out and the bright lights are on Eric, he seems to slow it down to make sure that he doesn't make a mistake or something. He does also, however, seem to not have as much of a bounce in his step as he did in the first couple of games.

About the second statement.....YES HE WILL!

when you have 3 of your top players or 3 of the 4 guards you play you are going to get beat...as long as they are out louisville will get beat...Congrats to UK on the win though...Shocked me that it was a low scoring game between those teams..UK is streaky right now though...Although wall had 7 or 8 turnovers he is still great player
Ville I posted this in another thread to which you did not respond.....

"If UK wins will you not post in anymore UK threads the rest of the season? Seriously.

I mean it's their time to get beat? Why? UNC forced a lot of turnovers too but they lost and if Wall doesnt go out they lose by 25. "

Since we won will you kindly do this. I mean even in your last staement you still had to try and get a shot in, "Although wall had 7 or 8 turnovers he is still great player ". Dude give it a break.
Cant wait to see how the team adjusts to an IU team that is coming off a pretty good win. Hope that the intensity does not let up against IU.
Awesome game! Wall is incredible for a frosh
Pages: 1 2