Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kelly seeking demands from Irish?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While the Kelly-Notre Dame rumor mill continued Wednesday with no apparent resolution, the University of Cincinnati football coach was named the Big East Conference coach of the year for the third straight year, making him the first coach in the league’s history to win the award three years in a row and only the third coach to win it three times.
The other two were Miami’s Dennis Erickson (1991, 1992, and 1994) and Virginia Tech’s Frank Beamer (1995, 1996 and 1999).
The coach of the year award means an additional $25,000 for Kelly, who has now earned at least $315,000 in incentives based on the Bearcats’ accomplishments this season.
Kelly reportedly was back in Cincinnati on Wednesday and is expected to be at Thursday's football banquet at the Westin Hotel.

It appears that Connecticut’s Randy Edsall also remains in consideration for the job, but is considered a secondary candidate, with Kelly the frontrunner.

Indications are that Kelly is seeking certain conditions from Notre Dame that will allow him to compete at the highest level. If he doesn’t get them, Edsall could move to the top of the list.

The UC coach did not respond to a text message Wednesday seeking a comment on his award or on the honors his players received
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...+for+Irish
Kind of floored me when I heard that the Irish were going after UConn's football coach? Really didnt see that coming.
Im kinda floored Urbans name hasnt been mentioned as much either. He lost Mullan after last season and they just flat out wasnt near the offense as last year. Now Charlie Strong is leaving, and Urbans unrelated son is leaving Florida too. I dont see why Notre Dame dont make him an offer he cant refuse, because if he's gonna leave Florida, now is the time to go after him..
^ Agreed
So is Kelly not the main pick for Notre Dame now?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:So is Kelly not the main pick for Notre Dame now?

From all indication, Kelly has asked for a lot of control of the overall program. Pretty much wants all discretionay decision making to come from his office. ND has not conceded, but they have left the door open. Many think they have hinted interest in others simply to get Kelly to back off of some of his demands. I have heard that he wants a decsion before this weekend.
Urban Myers has two rings, now he should try to get this job.