Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (4)Kentucky vs. (14) Connecticut Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UConn is up 29-23 at the half.

Jerome Dyson - 13 pts.

John Wall - 6 pts, 4 stls
This game makes me mad, BUT UK is NOT out of it. Basketball is a game of runs.

Everything other than the first 3-4 minutes went UCONN's way: They shot almost 14 percent better than UK, they had more rebounds, less fouls, etc....

UK needs to come out with higher intensity and better shot selection.
Interesting that Wall sat so much in the 1st half with 2 fouls. They never seem to sit Cousins that much.

Bledsoe has to be more aggressive in pushing the Basketball.

What worries me is that this time, right now in the season, is a very average team without Wall. This is not what I want to see out of UK, I do not want to feel like we have to rely on one guy. Haven't we done that over the last 6 years.
lwc Wrote:This game makes me mad, BUT UK is NOT out of it. Basketball is a game of runs.

Everything other than the first 3-4 minutes went UCONN's way: They shot almost 14 percent better than UK, they had more rebounds, less fouls, etc....

UK needs to come out with higher intensity and better shot selection.

Great comment LWC, Dickie V just said this exact same thing
Honestly, this game changed when Kemba Walker subbed into the game. I know that Dyson's game changed after he was subbed, but Walker has done everything for the Huskies
WOW - Okwandu with 4 fouls
Stardust Wrote:Interesting that Wall sat so much in the 1st half with 2 fouls. They never seem to sit Cousins that much.

Bledsoe has to be more aggressive in pushing the Basketball.

What worries me is that this time, right now in the season, is a very average team without Wall. This is not what I want to see out of UK, I do not want to feel like we have to rely on one guy. Haven't we done that over the last 6 years.

They way the stripes were calling it, I would have sat the starters for the whole first half
Sloppy right now for both teams
Wall is so quick
PP 11 points
Wall 10 Points

Dyson 13 points
Dyson is proving he is the best Sr. PG in the country
UK has no transition game anymore
PP for 3
PP has now picked up the Cata and put them on his shoulder. He's looked at the kid, and said "Wall, this ain't your team son, better get on my back...."
Now the Cats have picked it up. I salute PP for this spurt
Looks like PP has a turned ankle
Cousins is working hard. This game is back and forth now
The two UConn big men are in Foul trouble
Let's see how PP reacts to the injury
Kemba Walker has absolutely outplayed John Wall tonight. No question about it.
I do think that Wall has played on a Roller Coaster thus far. This is the kind of game that is very good for his maturity. He has outplayed every opponent thusfar this year, but tonight, he has learned that he cannot play with just talent. Head and effort must be consistent
A tremendous game for Gavin Edwards, just incredible
uk 58 uconn 57
WOW - Wall is flat out playing
uk 60 ucoon 57 uconn at the line
Bledsoe just fouled out.
Orton fouled out, now Bledsoe is gone
Dyson, Okwandu and Edwards all have 4 fouls for UConn
uk 60 uconn 59 shot clock violation uconn ball
What has happened to the Cats aggressiveness? Last possession, Wall holds the ball for 20 seconds, this possession, the run out of time
Pages: 1 2