Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hypothetical matchup Kentucky vs West Virginia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was having a friendly arguement on another forum called ncaastrategies.com about ncaa basketball 10 and the whole wall rating on the game with wvu fan.

He says wvu would be able to keep it under 10 point difference the whole game and whoever won would not win by more than 9.

what does everyone think about this?

He even admitted he had never watched uk play this year and uconn will be the first game.
here is the thread i go by gobiglbue411 there and the person argueing with me is pbplayer178

[ame="http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=72124"]NCAA Basketball 10 Anything Thread - NCAA Football 10 & NCAA Basketball 10 at ncaaStrategies[/ame]

i'll pull a couple of his responses out that really shows he doens't know much about bball this year.

pbplayer178-The first Kentucky game I will watch this year is on Wednesday(hes talking about the uconn game). You confirmed my argument. Wall can hit an open 3 when he needs to. In the game Wall is rated like an elite 3 point shooter. Of the players I have watched this year, the 3 point shooters that should be above a 90 are Scheyer, Routins, Deebler, and some guy from Clemson. For the record if Kentucky played WVU on a neutral floor the winner would win by less than 10. Last year WVU started 2 freshman and played another one a lot of minutes. We also had only 1 point guard who was a true freshman. One year later 4 starters are back and WVU is a lot better.

gobigblue411-nothing wrong with walls 3 point shooting on the game try it on all-american he will miss threes form time to time. You will see why john wall is ranked what he is on the game tomorrow. The bottom line is wall can and will make the 3 when needed but why shoot the 3 when you can take the ball to the rack or get the ball down to all-american patterson and maybe all-american cousins.
WVU is vastly improved over last year's team that lost to Billy Clyde's worst UK team. DeShawn Butler is THE go to guy. Kevin Jennings is coming off the bench and is a force. Joe Mazzula is finally healthy. By the time UK gets us in the Big Dance, we will have The Turk back and being a force in the middle. Saying nothing about Ebanks, Jones, and Bryant. This WVU team under Huggy makes Beilein's 05 team of Pittsnogle, Patty Beilein, Gansey, Fisher, JD Collins, and Joe Herbert look like a high school team. And that was a great team. This one of Huggy's is on a different level.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU is vastly improved over last year's team that lost to Billy Clyde's worst UK team. DeShawn Butler is THE go to guy. Kevin Jennings is coming off the bench and is a force. Joe Mazzula is finally healthy. By the time UK gets us in the Big Dance, we will have The Turk back and being a force in the middle. Saying nothing about Ebanks, Jones, and Bryant. This WVU team under Huggy makes Beilein's 05 team of Pittsnogle, Patty Beilein, Gansey, Fisher, JD Collins, and Joe Herbert look like a high school team. And that was a great team. This one of Huggy's is on a different level.
this uk team has 3 top 25 first round draft picks for the 2010 draft i don't think wv can say the same.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:WVU is vastly improved over last year's team that lost to Billy Clyde's worst UK team. DeShawn Butler is THE go to guy. Kevin Jennings is coming off the bench and is a force. Joe Mazzula is finally healthy. By the time UK gets us in the Big Dance, we will have The Turk back and being a force in the middle. Saying nothing about Ebanks, Jones, and Bryant. This WVU team under Huggy makes Beilein's 05 team of Pittsnogle, Patty Beilein, Gansey, Fisher, JD Collins, and Joe Herbert look like a high school team. And that was a great team. This one of Huggy's is on a different level.

ok so are you saying WVU would beat UK?
Friendly,,,are you kidding. The first person who says west virginia could beat Kentucky, Uk fans will get nasty quick. I think it is a silly question. First i believe the rankings got it right. Uk is a couple notches ahead of West Virginia but WV is very capable of knocking off Kentucky. I told everyone that would listen last year that WV had its best chance to beat one of the worst kentucky teams and WV choked. At the same time I think WV had a better team than kentucky LAST YEAR. Well i know they did. This year I think Ky is better but last year proved the best team doesnt always win.I think it would be A GREAT GREAT GAME
WVU doesnt deserve to be on the same courtas the Cats right now. Real or video game.
csabo that is about as disrespectful and as stupid as a post i have read in awhile.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:ok so are you saying WVU would beat UK?

Anybody and beat anybody else on any given night. There are three Big East teams ranked higher than UK. They are 'Nova who was taken to the limit by St. Joes last night, WVU, which had no trouble with Duqusine, and Syracuse who is playing Florida tonight. You guys start three freshmen, although one of them is Jon Wall. UK was down 18 to Miami, Ohio and it took OT to beat Stanford. Lots of basketball to be played between now and March. You asked me if I thought WVU could beat UK??? Right now, I would probably go out on a limb and say YES.
csabo17 Wrote:WVU doesnt deserve to be on the same courtas the Cats right now. Real or video game.

Comments like this turn me against UK fans. WVU is not as talented as UK but they most certainly are capable of beating them.