Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pac-10, not as weak as some thought.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
6 teams out of 10, in bowl games?

Oregon, USC, Oregon State, Cal, Arizona, and Stanford.

Oregon vs. Ohio St. in the Rose Bowl

USC vs. Boston College in the Emerald Bowl

Oregon State vs. vs. BYU in the MAACO Bowl

Cal vs. Utah in the Poinsetta Bowl

Arizona vs. Nebraska in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl

Stanford vs. Oklahoma in the Brut Sun Bowl

(Stanford also has a Heisman finalist running back)

All of which are ranked in the Top 25 besides Cal.
I don't think anyone was saying the pac 10 was weak in football it's basketball they were all talking about.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I don't think anyone was saying the pac 10 was weak in football it's basketball they were all talking about.

Yeah, i agree it was basketball they were talking about because i don't think anyone is going to say a conference with 5 teams in the Top 25 is weak. But, on the other hand with three basketball teams that are usually in or near the Top 25 currently with records under .500 yeah that is weak.
I think the Pac 10 is the second best football conf this year. Big 12 was down. Of ocurse the SEC is numero uno.

That being said, I do not think Cal or USC was very good this year.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I think the Pac 10 is the second best football conf this year. Big 12 was down. Of course the SEC is numero uno.

That being said, I do not think Cal or USC was very good this year.

PAC 10 is a crappy conference. That being said Boise State needs to join them because their crappy conference is even worse.
-Amun Ra

And the facts are, the PAC10 sucks.
-RunninRebs21
uhavenoidea Wrote:PAC 10 is a crappy conference. That being said Boise State needs to join them because their crappy conference is even worse.
-Amun Ra

And the facts are, the PAC10 sucks.
-RunninRebs21
Whats your point? Usually the Pac 10 is horrible outside of USC. This year it was the second best conference.
Pac 10 solid, not great
Records for 2009 from pac-10.org -

Oregon 10-2, 8-1
Arizona 8-4, 6-3
Oregon State 8-4, 6-3
Stanford 8-4, 6-3
USC 8-4, 5-4
California 8-4, 5-4
Washington 5-7, 4-5
UCLA 6-6, 3-6
Arizona State 4-8, 2-7
Washington State 1-11, 0-9