Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brian Kelly to interview for ND job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seen it on ESPN.
I think he could restore the program. Not only can he recruit, but he can COACH as well.
Louisville better send their recommendation to ND if they ever want to beat Cincy again!
worst mistake of his life
PC_You_Know Wrote:Seen it on ESPN.

The very same ESPN that said 3 years ago in Breaking News "Rich Fraud to Alabama???"
ND will never be the same. They used to get by with history and tradition. Players today prefer nice beaches and money.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:ND will never be the same. They used to get by with history and tradition. Players today prefer nice beaches and money.

They also prefer not to have to work their butts off in the classroom.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:worst mistake of his life

Go from $1.5M to $5M over the next 4 years = $14M raise! No way can Kelly lose in this situation. He will get the money, will get more quality recruits than at UC and if he fails, he will land in another major college program. Can't lose in this situation.
Quote:Go from $1.5M to $5M over the next 4 years = $14M raise! No way can Kelly lose in this situation. He will get the money, will get more quality recruits than at UC and if he fails, he will land in another major college program. Can't lose in this situation.

He may or may not do good at ND, but if he don't then he will be gone in 3 or 4 years if not sooner and then other big time college programs will look at him and say well you couldn't win with a big time program that does not even have to worry about playing in a conference championship game that should go to a BCS game every year, didn't mean to make any body mad just my IMO
So what forner ND coach who has failed at ND not made it back to a Major college progam?
Weis could recruit but couldn't develop. Kelly did both.
I completely agree with Stardust, how in the world could he go wrong? Getting a 14 million dollar raise over the next 4 years guarantees that his family will be taking care of for the rest of their lives.... That's all you can ask for when you're raising a family, plus if he fails at ND, then he will end up at another major program with more money.... I say that if offered the job, he has to accept the job...
I think it would be a good hire.
I'll be interested to see if Harbaugh and Meyer put their names back in the hat. Both have declined interest. The the addition of Stoops, I think it is a four person choice. I have not heard of any interest in Stoops of late, so it certainly does appear that Kelly is the leading candidate. What would it mean to ND if Kelly would decline an offer? After the last hiring process where the had coaches decline the Golden Dome, if Kelly declines and offer and Harbaugh and Meyer stick to their guns of no interest, who does ND go after?
Stardust Wrote:Go from $1.5M to $5M over the next 4 years = $14M raise! No way can Kelly lose in this situation. He will get the money, will get more quality recruits than at UC and if he fails, he will land in another major college program. Can't lose in this situation.

Stardust, we already seen what the move from WVU to Michigan did for Rich Fraud. I hope same fate does not happen to Kelly.
i think he gets the job, weather he can turn it around there ,we will have to wait and see.