Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (5)Cincinnati 45 - (15)Pittsburgh 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just unbelievable!

I am very proud of my Alma-Mater. This was one of the most incredible games I have ever watched. Just incredible.
PITTSBURGH -- Tony Pike's 29-yard touchdown pass to Armon Binns with 33 seconds remaining finished No. 5 Cincinnati's frantic comeback from a 21-point deficit, and the Bearcats beat Pittsburgh (No. 15 BCS, No. 14 AP) 45-44 on Saturday to secure a BCS berth and their second consecutive Big East title.

The first de facto Big East championship game since the conference began playing football in 1991 was a high-scoring classic. Freshman Dion Lewis' three touchdowns and 194 yards rushing in a Tony Dorsett-like performance carried Pitt (9-3, 5-2) to leads of 31-10, 38-24 and 44-38, only to have the Mardy Gilyard-led Bearcats (12-0, 7-0) rally each time.

Gilyard gave the Bearcats a much-needed jolt with a 99-yard kickoff return only 70 seconds before halftime after Pitt had opened its 21-point lead, then he made it 31-24 in the third quarter with a 68-yard scoring catch.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=293390221
Gilyard's 49-yard kickoff return also led to Pike's 8-yard scoring pass to D.J. Woods that cut Pitt's lead to 38-30 early in the fourth quarter.
I wish this would have been a blowout, now if Texas goes down it's frantic who gets in, TCU or Cincinnati. Should Cinci have dominated, Cinci plays the SEC Champ, no argument.

I actually hope Texas loses, though, Nebraska's my second favorite behind Ohio State, but I dread the chaos if they do.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I wish this would have been a blowout, now if Texas goes down it's frantic who gets in, TCU or Cincinnati. Should Cinci have dominated, Cinci plays the SEC Champ, no argument.

I actually hope Texas loses, though, Nebraska's my second favorite behind Ohio State, but I dread the chaos if they do.

UC should get big computer points, enough to overtake TCU. They beat the #12 team, and they won away. Won't matter about the margin, they will still get enough computer points.
Stardust Wrote:UC should get big computer points, enough to overtake TCU. They beat the #12 team, and they won away. Won't matter about the margin, they will still get enough computer points.

Alot of people keep saying TCU should get in because they might be the best team - Well, when they beat someone worth a crap maybe, until then Cinci has beat #23, #15, who else? and TCU and all the mid-majors, even Boise's fluke over Oregon, aren't anything til they beat good teams.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Alot of people keep saying TCU should get in because they might be the best team - Well, when they beat someone worth a crap maybe, until then Cinci has beat #23, #15, who else? and TCU and all the mid-majors, even Boise's fluke over Oregon, aren't anything til they beat good teams.

Amen Brother, Keep preaching it...... :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Just unbelievable!

I am very proud of my Alma-Mater. This was one of the most incredible games I have ever watched. Just incredible.

If not for the bogus touchdown vs WVU, we would be BCS bound. But, that's water under the bridge. Just you guys beating Pitt made my weekend. Not only does Pitt suck, but they choke as well!!!!
or do you think if Texas goes down, Alabama/Florida could play again in the NC game?
Belfry0304 Wrote:or do you think if Texas goes down, Alabama/Florida could play again in the NC game?

Depends on how close the game is played. It's doubful, a loss takes quite a few computer points away. I don't think I have seen anywhere that has said that these two teams could play again.
CBS just said UC will likely play in the Sugar Bowl, that means they would play the loser of Bama/Florida
I've heard that too, but no one has taken into account if Texas loses. Which might not be possible seeing as how the game is in Dallas, I just found that out.
I am SO proud of my Bearcats! I am physically and emotionally drained after watching this one. I'd love a crack at the BCS Championship game, but getting a 2nd straight Big East title and BCS Bowl it awesome as it is!
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:I am SO proud of my Bearcats! I am physically and emotionally drained after watching this one. I'd love a crack at the BCS Championship game, but getting a 2nd straight Big East title and BCS Bowl it awesome as it is!

Agreed :Thumbs:
Caught a glisme of the the game of ESPN, great turnaround by the bearcats.
Real good team!!
I watched this game pretty much all the way through. Im a fan of both teams, and I couldnt turn it off, even with UK and UNC playing. This game was absolutely phenomenal, and Cincy fans had better start sending thank you cards to Gilyard. That guy is amazing. Say what you wont about Cincy not playing defense, they are DANGEROUS. When Pitt went up 31-10, the house was rocking, and Cincy couldnt do anything right, they didnt buckle. Gilyards return right before the half took a LOT of the air out of the stadium. I still didnt give them much of a shot though after Pitt went up 38-24, and with Dion Lewis still grinding out three and four yards every play, but give much credit to the Bearcats. This was the best college football game Ive seen in five years, or longer. It was a great start to one of the best sports days in a long time, and what a start it was!!
Glad to see Cincy win and remain undefeated!! It's too bad they won't get into the national championship game.
Congrats to UC, and good luck, and hope you beat Florida.