Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (#5) Kentucky 68 - (#10) North Carolina 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow - Cats pull it out, but played like a group of Freshman. After getting down early, the Cats stormed back and completely dominated the game until the final 2 minutes of the first half.

They maintained their lead, but not without the very good UNC team fighting back. This was the kind of quality win that proves UK is legit. UNC is good, this was a great win for the Cats

Wall was a MAN! What I did not like is that Cal let them slow the game down, this team is not successful playing a half court game. He proved that he is the top PG in the country. He made huge steals, tremendous passes, and MAN dunks. He is FOR REAL! Best player on the floor.

Biggest disappointment? Cousins! Flat out a tremendously talented player, but completely selfish and immature on the floor. Going in, we all said that Cousins ability to stay on the floor was the key to the game. He goes out and picks up four STUPID fouls, and never allows himself to be on the floor. UNC took advantage of that by pounding the ball inside.

Cats got quality minutes off the bench from two oldtimers, Harris and Stevenson, neither of which hurt the Cats.

My hats off to my unsung hero - Darius Miller. Hit some great three pointers, played very solid D, and came up with two blocks that looked like they came from a 7 footer.

All in all - great win for a very young Cats team. This proved to themselves and everyone else, they are a top team in the country!

PP finishes with 19, Wall with 16
How good it feels!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
This game would have been a blow out had wall not been out of the game so long and never returned to himself.

Cousins needs to learn how to pass the ball and quit being a thug.
Wall going to the locker room really hurt the cats and took them out of their game.
Great win for the Cats! This will really help them come Selection Sunday.

Hard to complain about a season that starts out 8-0. The Cats cannot celebrate for too long because UCONN is the next game.
Coach Cal with a shot at Seth Davis..... hehehe
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This game would have been a blow out had wall not been out of the game so long and never returned to himself.

I was thinking the same thing. There were LONG stretches where the team was pretty clean in fouls and Wall was on the floor and UNC looked as if they did not even belong in the same conversation as UK. This team is uber talented......but uber young as well!
Stardust Wrote:Coach Cal with a shot at Seth Davis..... hehehe

what did he say? I missed it.
I sure am proud of my boys! Go Big Blue!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This game would have been a blow out had wall not been out of the game so long and never returned to himself.

Cousins needs to learn how to pass the ball and quit being a thug.

This is not true at all. UNC had already cut the game down from 21 to 11 before Wall got hurt. UK had already began playing in a slowdown game going into the half. That is coaching, they were told to slow the game down, which played into UNC's hands. When the Cats needed to pick up the pace, they had two guards too hurt to do that. Don't forget Bledsoe was hurt also.
lwc Wrote:what did he say? I missed it.

He made fun of Set picking UNC, Cal said he felt pretty comfortable about the cats chances when Seth made that prediction
Very dissapointed in Cousins. However impressed with Miller Patterson Wall and Bledsoe. If not for Bledsoe sinking the free throws this game might have been different. Great job cats.
1996 and counting baby yeah GO CATS! remember what we did in 1996 national championship I like that number.

this was dukievs repsonse to kys win:
Cal's Cat's were up to the challenge vs agood NC team. The 1st big W in Calipari era-Trust me there will be many more!
Stardust Wrote:This is not true at all. UNC had already cut the game down from 21 to 11 before Wall got hurt. UK had already began playing in a slowdown game going into the half. That is coaching, they were told to slow the game down, which played into UNC's hands. When the Cats needed to pick up the pace, they had two guards too hurt to do that. Don't forget Bledsoe was hurt also.

I am not sure that I am understanding you. Are you are saying that it would not have been a blowout if Wall had never left. At the same time you are saying that they couldn't pick up the pace of the game because they were hurt?

The way I understand it you are saying that this game would not be a blowout but that UK's starting guards were hurt and could not be fast in the second half. Wouldn't the game have a more comfortable cushion if the guards were completely healthy and able to push the tempo?

Stardust Wrote:He made fun of Set picking UNC, Cal said he felt pretty comfortable about the cats chances when Seth made that prediction

:lmao: that is funny!
I was upset we lost our big lead but man it feels good to beat UNC again.
its good to see the cats come thru with a big win... it looked like a little point shaving happend tho the cats go up 19 early then they let unc chip into that lead before half time then in the second half turnover after turnover then when it gets crunch time the keep the lead around 5 then no defense on the last three causes cats not to cover... alot of this has been going on in the ncaa not only this game but a few other games uk has let teams chip into leads... wonder if the ncaa will start looking into the games... but like i said before its great to see the cats pull out a win today probly the biggest win since they beat duke in 98, 8-0 start keep it up
What a game! Great win for the Cats!!
You can just feel the glory days coming back to Kentucky.

Go Wildcats!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
I think if Wall stays in and if UK would have went down low to Patterson, UK wins by 15+. But I didn't think the game was ever in doubt in the 2nd half. Great game Cats!
I love Coach Cals shot at Seth Davis at the end of the game interview with Clark, however, if Wall does not get leg cramps, then we win this one going away by more than 15....... I think and everyone thinks that Wall is that much of a difference of a playmaker......
Duke fans think UK would finish 3rd in the acc I got a good laugh out of that over on rivals
John Wall is unreal. You could tell he wasn't 100% when he came back in the game but he was still the fastest man on the floor.
I happy for Stevenson and Harris, getting some time in, and finally getting a win against Carolina! Stevenson had a NICE block on one of the wears back to row 4 lol
too bad for uconn that ater majok can't play until the 12th of december hes a great player but I still think patterson and wall are better
24,484 I think they said was at the game today.
Big win for the cats. I was hoping for a blowout after that first half, but UNC made some good adjustments, and really stepped up their defense in the second half. Kentucky is still showing a lot of youth, and once Wall went out, it really hurt us, took us out of our rythm. UNC seemed to beat us way too much rebounding on their end in that second half, but luckily they missed most of their put backs. This Kentucky team is very legit, and this proved it to the doubters. And I agree that Cousins has more growing up to do than anyone. He was back-talking Coach Cal after getting a foul called on him, seemed to complain after every call on him, and then just pouted. He is a great talent, but just needs to grow up.
lwc Wrote:I am not sure that I am understanding you. Are you are saying that it would not have been a blowout if Wall had never left. At the same time you are saying that they couldn't pick up the pace of the game because they were hurt?

The way I understand it you are saying that this game would not be a blowout but that UK's starting guards were hurt and could not be fast in the second half. Wouldn't the game have a more comfortable cushion if the guards were completely healthy and able to push the tempo?

:lmao: that is funny!

Yes, it was not going to be a blowout. UNC had already made a comeback with Wall still in the game.
Stardust Wrote:Yes, it was not going to be a blowout. UNC had already made a comeback with Wall still in the game.
It was going to be a 10-15 point win
Pages: 1 2 3