Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #4 Kentucky 94 UNC-Asheville 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FINAL!! Thoughts on this one?
I know that our opponent wasn't much, but we looked really good tonight. Loved the ball movement and John Wall, Patterson, and Cousins had big games yet again.

Onto UNC... GBB!
I know you are using the espn poll but the one most people use is the ap poll and kentucky is still #5
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I know you are using the espn poll but the one most people use is the ap poll and kentucky is still #5

Does it really matter?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Does it really matter?
Yeah because the espn poll is voted on by espn and the ap pool is a nationwide media which imo is more credible. Either way it's pretty good. Thats why sites like yahoo etc use the ap poll.
I think some of the mounatin teams could play with..maybe even beat this team we played tonite..but if Cousins plays like that against the tar heels we win
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yeah because the espn poll is voted on by espn and the ap pool is a nationwide media which imo is more credible. Either way it's pretty good. Thats why sites like yahoo etc use the ap poll.

Wrong, its not only the ESPN Poll, its the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.
No offense to UNC-Asheville but this kind was turning into a joke halfway through the 2nd half! If Kentucky hadn't been slacking on defense at times throughout the game they could have easily won by more than 50 points! All in all a great game for the Wildcats!

Ummmm....not really any bad things in this one but as far as good things go:
John Wall sets the record for the most assists in a game for a Freshman with 14 and was 1 away from tying the overall record!
DeMarcus Cousins: 24pts, 9rebs, 2blks, and 8-11 from the free throw line
Patrick Patterson: 17pts, 9rebs, and 1-3 from the perimeter
Darnell Dodson: 15pts and 2rebs off the bench
John Wall: 12pts, 14asts, 6stls, and 5rebs
Kentucky as a team achieved a season high with 27 assists
Shot 52.2% from the field
Only had 9 turnovers which is the best so far this season
Scored over 30 points off forced turnovers

Bad Things:
The only bad thing was that UNC-Asheville had several wide open shots from the 3 point line but thats ok considering who they were playing and kind of lead they had.

GREAT game Cats!! Congrats!! I'm looking forward to the game against the Tar Heels!! Can't wait!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yeah because the espn poll is voted on by espn and the ap pool is a nationwide media which imo is more credible. Either way it's pretty good. Thats why sites like yahoo etc use the ap poll.

Why are you argueing over a ranking when its only one spot 4 or 5, I'm sorry but its not that big of a deal!! Lets focus on the fact that the Wildcats just played an outstanding game and won by 37 points!!
Way to go Cats

Beat UNC
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Wrong, its not only the ESPN Poll, its the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.
espn/usa today whatever it still not the poll that most look at why you think ncaa basketball 10 uses the ap because its the main one.
leecoukfan Wrote:Why are you argueing over a ranking when its only one spot 4 or 5, I'm sorry but its not that big of a deal!! Lets focus on the fact that the Wildcats just played an outstanding game and won by 37 points!!
I know you're tying to make uk look better by using the #4 but they need to go out and take care of business against north carolina and uconn to me #5 seems more logical right this moment.
This has to be the funniest quote I have ever read-

Coach Cal-I thought that we finally started to get aggressive in the press since we haven't done it in three weeks and we have practice that. I thought that it looked good. We had eight turnovers which isn't enough, we should have at least 11 or 12.
This game's final score could have been much worse. Cal forced UK to slow down and play half court offense and they still scored 94 points. IMO, the best the team has looked all year.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I know you're tying to make uk look better by using the #4 but they need to go out and take care of business against north carolina and uconn to me #5 seems more logical right this moment.

Well that #4 ranking is from the COACHES poll, so im going to go with what the coaches think the Wildcats should be ranked!
BGR doesn't support or promote any specific poll, but I always go with the AP Poll, because that's what most other media outlets use.

I thought we needed a game like this. We played fairly well and Wall and Cousins looked great. Indeed, the score could have been much worse, but we slowed it down in the 2nd half.
Thats the way kentucky should be winning.. not just barely pulling away by ten points like they have all year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Wrong, its not only the ESPN Poll, its the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll.

:Thumbs: Correct
I'm in DC and did not get to see the game on television, but saw the fleeting highlights. What was the story of the game?
Stardust Wrote:I'm in DC and did not get to see the game on television, but saw the fleeting highlights. What was the story of the game?

John Wall setting the freshman record for assists in a game with 14 and DeMarcus Cousins becoming a regular at the free throw line. UNC-Asheville was just OVERMATCHED at every position!! John Wall had 5 alleyoop assists in a row! Cats were slacking on defense in the first half and to start the 2nd half Calipari had the Wildcats switch to a pressure man-to-man defense which led to a 29-6 run for us!
i'd just like to say them boys put on a show and it looked like they was having a blast. them boys threw so many oops it looked like space jam out there. only thing i saw is that they should've gave PP the ball a little more he sure played like he wanted it. dodson and orton played awesome ball too and stevenson still sucks.