Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East 21, West 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score from Kentucky State University in Frankfort - East 21, West 40.

Game was very close until the 4th quarter.

Outstanding competition with the state's 100 BEST 8th grade football players.

Congratulations to all of the participants, the coaches, the parents and the respective programs represented over this weekend.

What an awesome event!

If your school hasn't joined the KMSFA, please feel free to contact me privately. Events such as this weekend, on top of the MANY other benefits, are well worth it to be involved in our state-wide association.
Also, Congratulations to the following individual award winners -

Defensive MVP - Austin Arnett from Morgan County (East team)

Offensive MVP - Khalil Frazier from Bluegrass (West team)

Game MVP - Nacarous Fant from Bowling Green (West team)

Head Coaches -

East team - Tommy Bishop from Gallatin County

West team - Joel Taylor from Bowling Green
And hats off to the KYMSFA volunteers...The weekend went great..It was well run....especially being the first time...of course there were little "gotcha's", but overall it was fantastic!
"Patient and loving" parents were a HUGE part of this weekend. You all went out of your way for your kids.

Thank you all for trusting us with your sons!

Great overall group of folks to work with/for. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Good luck as you all move up to high school!!!!!!
Anyone have a link to stats
Congratulations to all the Middle School boys that were elected to participate in this special game. Each of them gave their best and gave us, the ones watching, a game to remember.

An extra congratulations to the West team for winning. It always feels good to come out on top but both teams did great!!
Some photos of the event:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/alb...albumid=35

For NE Patriot and NFL Pro Bowler Tony Collins was at the game after give discussions on college recruiting on Saturday.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=35&pictureid=227]

More pictures of the event are at http://www.mesmerphoto.com
Congrats to the west. Great game by all parties.
FF40212 Wrote:Final score from Kentucky State University in Frankfort - East 21, West 40.

Game was very close until the 4th quarter.

Outstanding competition with the state's 100 BEST 8th grade football players.

Congratulations to all of the participants, the coaches, the parents and the respective programs represented over this weekend.

What an awesome event!

If your school hasn't joined the KMSFA, please feel free to contact me privately. Events such as this weekend, on top of the MANY other benefits, are well worth it to be involved in our state-wide association.

"REALLY" the best 100 players in the state, I think that should have been the best 100 players in the KMSFA. I'm sure Louisville and the Northern Ky area could surely have some kids on that list, since that area makes up the largest portion of the states population.
cherokee Wrote:"REALLY" the best 100 players in the state, I think that should have been the best 100 players in the KMSFA. I'm sure Louisville and the Northern Ky area could surely have some kids on that list, since that area makes up the largest portion of the states population.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there NKY kids on the East Team Roster?
cherokee Wrote:"REALLY" the best 100 players in the state, I think that should have been the best 100 players in the KMSFA. I'm sure Louisville and the Northern Ky area could surely have some kids on that list, since that area makes up the largest portion of the states population.

Sure, I will stand by my comment of THE Best 100 in the state were there.

I say that because any program who truly wants to better themselves, who wants to compete at the highest level in this state, and who wants to offer their players an opportunity like this HAS joined the KMSFA.

FYI, Jefferson County will start with 12 middle school teams in 2010. Their first move, even before they played a game - all 12 joined the KMSFA.

If your next question is about Fayette County, they too have been invited many, many times. However they will have to drop their own regulations of weight limits on running backs and linebackers so that they are in line with all of the other schools in the state.

So, no, I don't have a problem saying that the best 8th graders in the state played in this game. And I'm really not trying to start an argument here or insult anyone. I am more or less asking in return, if you think you have a player that you would have considered to be in that classification, perhaps you should ask your coach or AD why they aren't apart of the KMSFA and why they wouldn't want to submit them for this honor and opportunity?
What 12 Jefferson Co schools? I excited to hear they are getting on board and would love to know which schools they are. This is great.

Now if we could get more of the NKY teams in.
Please forgive me for not having the 12 names.

We were approached by the head of JCPS Athletics (Mr. Vinegar) when they initially thought that they would be able to start with 6 teams for next season. After gauging interest, that list was expanded to 12. One of the teams left the meeting and went straight to the KMSFA website to register his team online that very night.

Please know that there will be a concerted effort to work on a lot of the rest of the state in order to sew up the "holes" on the map of the KMSFA. It is the intention of the board to meet with every possible prospective program that wishes to join. This includes a possiblity of at least 2 regional meetings to be held in the Western and Eastern ends of the state, respectively, so that member schools and prospective member schools can meet and learn more about the association.

I can tell you, the yearly dues are minimal. The amount of work that this association does is worth 10 times the nominal fee. There is not another group out there as committed to middle school athletics (any sport) as the KMSFA is to football. There are tons of benefits that ALL schools are now able to take advantage of thanks to the work of this association.

If your school is not apart of it, you simply need to find out why. There really isn't a good reason not to, I can assure you of that. Anyone who's program would like more information, please feel free to contact me privately. I can assure you that you won't be sorry and your players will be better for it!
FF40212 Wrote:Sure, I will stand by my comment of THE Best 100 in the state were there.

I say that because any program who truly wants to better themselves, who wants to compete at the highest level in this state, and who wants to offer their players an opportunity like this HAS joined the KMSFA.

FYI, Jefferson County will start with 12 middle school teams in 2010. Their first move, even before they played a game - all 12 joined the KMSFA.

If your next question is about Fayette County, they too have been invited many, many times. However they will have to drop their own regulations of weight limits on running backs and linebackers so that they are in line with all of the other schools in the state.

So, no, I don't have a problem saying that the best 8th graders in the state played in this game. And I'm really not trying to start an argument here or insult anyone. I am more or less asking in return, if you think you have a player that you would have considered to be in that classification, perhaps you should ask your coach or AD why they aren't apart of the KMSFA and why they wouldn't want to submit them for this honor and opportunity?

I agree with your statements in regards to the teams that have not joined the KMSFA. However I do disagree with you, only because there is a limit of 5 players chosen from each team. And some of these teams that are proven to be at the top level such as teams like Bowling Green, it's hard to think that they only get 5 kids out of the best 100. Which some of these kids have a chance to play their way onto the team with their playoff performances. All im saying is in some cases some kids just miss out or are overlooked because of the limit taken from each team. Just as you said I'm not looking for an argument it's just simply my opinion.
I can see your point there goBIGBLUE62. However, we limited it to 5 submissions per team because there were 2 teams of 50 to fill. Those 5 weren't considered among 100 kids, they were on a team of 50.

We did that in fairness to everyone. Believe me, we had coaches who griped about it. There were coaches who wanted to submit their 5 on top of any kids from their team who were already selected as All-State from the playoffs/championships. You start doing the math and before long we would have had 20-30% of the 50 man rosters from the same team. While no one disputes that Bowling Green and several of the other teams who were in the finals had great players all around, the idea was to have the BEST from their team submitted. I believe their, and the rest of the teams involved, top 5 were there.

Nonetheless, if you were there you know what I am talking about. The talent and size of those players were amazing. I was asked more than a dozen times "these are middle school kids"?

It was definitely a cool event and definitely something that the KMSFA will look foward to doing annually.