Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (11) North Carolina @ (4) Kentucky 12/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who will win.
UNC by 12..Prove me wrong Cats!
If UK Cousins can play smart and stay out of foul trouble, then UK should win.
I cant really predict a score to be honest. This will be UK's first real tough competition.
If there is any year to beat unc this is the year 2 do it with 3 top 25 2010 draft picks in the starting lineup.
Im going with UNC by 6

But hopefully the Cats will come in and blow the tar out of them.. at least thats what Im hoping for lol..
I really do think that this is good to be a very interesting game. 1. if cousins does not shoot the ball every time he touches it 2. kentucky keeps there turnovers too a respectful number i think that the cats will come out on top with a respectful win... and lets be honest UNC is not the UNC we normally know i mean for god sake nevada is playing with them
To be honest UNC. The cats could pull it off if they hit there free throws.
Uk 82
unc 69
unc is ranked #11 right now in the ap poll.
I hope that the Wildcats can work out most of their imperfections against UNC-Asheville because they're gonna need to play an excellent low tunover game in order to have a chance at winning this game! This will be their first time playing a Final Four caliber team and its going to be extremely tough!

Probable Starters for the TarHeels:
G Larry Drew II 6'2'' 180 So
G/F Marcus Ginyard 6'5'' 210 Sr
F/G Will Graves 6'6'' 240 Jr
F Ed Davis 6'10'' 225 So
F Deon Thompson 6'9'' 245 Sr

North Carolina is a big and talented team just like the Wildcats! The two big men for the Tar Heels are both averaging nearly a double-double so Patterson and Cousins are gonna have their hands full on offense and defense! The Depth of the Tar Heels is just as good if not better than UK, they normally use a 10-11 man rotation so they're going to be able to keep their starters fresh and still produce! Tyler Zeller is their top scoring bench player and he is also a big man at 7'0'' 240 averaging 11.2pts and 3.8rebs per game. So it will be fun to see how each team does down low in the paint on both ends of the floor! Marcus Ginyard is the heart and soul and also the senior leader of this team as well i think this will be a mismatch considering that Darius Miller will most likely guarding him. John Wall and Larry Drew should be a great matchup because they're both assist machines, Wall averaging 5.5 per game an Drew averaging 6.2 per game, Wall is faster and more athletic but it will be another good matchup in this game! Can't wait for this one to come around! Go Cats!!

Right now, since its a home game for the Wildcats im going to say that they'll win this one by 2 points in DOUBLE OVERTIME!!
Cousins isn't projected the number 25th draft pick and patterson number 12 in the 2010 nba for no reason. If he and patterson stay out of foul trouble they will more than hold their own against anyone unc has. The bench has to step up for Kentucky as well.
I say UNC by 7 in OT 79-72..I hope UK can beat them cause UCONN will beat them to death..
theVILLE Wrote:I say UNC by 7 in OT 79-72..I hope UK can beat them cause UCONN will beat them to death..
the uconn team I saw the other day vs duke can't hold a candle to this uk team if they shoot the way they did against duke.
uk by 8
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:the uconn team I saw the other day vs duke can't hold a candle to this uk team if they shoot the way they did against duke.

Yeah, i agree!!
I hope UK's cake schedule has them ready for UNC and UCONN back-to-back.

I wish this game was in January or February instead of early december. I think it wouldn't be as close as it will be on December 5th.
With each game that UK plays, I am getting more and more comfortable with them. Though I think this team is a long ways off from being at their best, they have proved an old adage that I have always prescribed to - "good teams FIND a way to win!". My gut still tells me that UNC has more maturity, outside shooting, and inside depth that allows them to pull this out. But! My heart tells me that PP can get the UNC big men in foul trouble, UNC has no answer to Wall, UK is undefeated and knows how to win!

For me, the key to this game for UK is Cousins. If he continues to get himself into foul trouble and takes himself out of games, thne this puts Orton and Stevenson as the guys who have to helped PP down low. I just don't think that Orton is athletic enough at this stage of his college career to keep up with the UNC big men, and Stevenson is not physical enough. If Cousins stays in this game, he will provide Patterson enough protection that UNC will have to play PP man-up.
shew this is going to be a close game hope i get my worl schedule switched around so i will be able to watch it....
How many wins does uk have as of today? UK by 5!
they need to play better if there going to win
cougarpride08 Wrote:How many wins does uk have as of today? UK by 5!
1994 and counting
I think we have the better front-court & back-court in this matchup. We have enough bodies to throw at Thompson & Davis, so the UNC guards are whats gotta beat us in this one.

I think UK wins this one by 10.

GBB!
Kentucky will win this game and make it 8-0
'Cats by 8 and over UCONN by 12.
UK-88
UNC-75

Come on Cats dont let me down
UNC wins. I hate to say it but I think Kentucky is overrated.

This is where we learn if Kentucky is deserving of all of the hype.
Ky is a little overrated! However they have a very legitimate chance at flat out beating the Heel's. How poised and composed they play will be the factor. Another thing they have to watch for is passing and turning the ball over doing so. A sloppy half hearted unfocused outing and they will get wrecked. This game will tell us alot about our cat's and where they stand?
UK-86
Unc80
OT
UK by 5
79-74

Dodson hits a three with 15 seconds left to put the nail in the coffin and puts UK up by 7 then NC gets a score at the end of the game to put it at 5
Pages: 1 2 3