Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pete Carroll lacks class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
USC is defeating UCLA 21-7 and has the ball with :57± to go. USC does take a knee and UCLA's Rick Neuheisel calls TO, with 2 remaining. One can argue let it go game is over but he called the TO.

Next play USC throws a nearly 50yd bomb to score, making it 28-7. The cameras show Carroll and he's celebrating like they just came from behind to win.

A near midfield scuffle was the result by both teams. Makes me like USC even less than before and Carroll, confirmed he has no class.

:ref2:
Augie Garrido Wrote:USC is defeating UCLA 21-7 and has the ball with :57± to go. USC does take a knee and UCLA's Rick Neuheisel calls TO, with 2 remaining. One can argue let it go game is over but he called the TO.

Next play USC throws a nearly 50yd bomb to score, making it 28-7. The cameras show Carroll and he's celebrating like they just came from behind to win.

A near midfield scuffle was the result by both teams. Makes me like USC even less than before and Carroll, confirmed he has no class.

I like it your up and take a knee and the other team calls a timeout to stop the clock.. then I say go for it.
I agree, once they call the timeout USC has to get another first down. Fair game IMO.
^ absolutely! If the other team has the gall to call a timeout when you are purposefully taking a knee end the game, then go for the KILL! UCLA deserved it!
What was classes was the entire UCLA team coming onto the field when USC was on there sideline Celebrating.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I like it your up and take a knee and the other team calls a timeout to stop the clock.. then I say go for it.

Very well said my good sir.
Obviously you didn't watch gameday yesterday AG. I do believe Jake and anyone who watched that piece would disagree with you.

Also as was already said, he took the knee to end the game and Neuheisel called the timeout to show him up. You pull that kind of crap and UCLA got what they deserved.
Augie Garrido Wrote:USC is defeating UCLA 21-7 and has the ball with :57± to go. USC does take a knee and UCLA's Rick Neuheisel calls TO, with 2 remaining. One can argue let it go game is over but he called the TO.

:goofy::ape::what:

Good god man...you're a UCLA fan.
I hate USC and everything about them. But carroll done the right thing here
He did the right thing.. If they can't accept defeat then make it worse!
The act, itself, was fine by me. But..two things stuck out.

1) Just a couple weeks ago Carroll was a bit upset that Stanford ran the score up on them and he vowed that he "Would not forget".

2) The reaction on the sideline by Carroll and his team. Carroll looked like they just threw a last second pass to win the BCS title with the way he was celebrating, then the team all start jumping around.

Those things were classless, but the actual play I don't mind.
I thought it was brilliant. Someone calls a timeout, ****es you off, make them eat their words and put some points on the board.
^ Agreed
Carroll runs it up and celebrates. UCLA slowly walks onto the field and gives dirty looks.
New douc**baggery record all the way around.
If Pete wouldn't have celebrated like he had just won the Super Bowl then I would say he did nothing wrong.
But no he looked like a idiot and showed why he is the biggest ******bag in the universe.
Cross town rivalry guys. That IS a huge game for USC.
csabo17 Wrote:Cross town rivalry guys. That IS a huge game for USC.
That may be but that fact has no bearing on how each coach acted. One was butt hurt that he was getting beat and tried to stop the clock so he could try and score to make his loss look less bad. The other coach figured that if his rival can not take a loss with grace, then he would put another score on the board. Touche.
Then the latter coach acted like a tool by celebrating the way he did.
I have no problem with running the score up on anyone, but when you whine and cry about a team running the score up on you earlier in the year and then do this, thats when you show no class. you can dish it out but you cant take it pete carroll. hypocrite
well since UCLA called the timeout, they got what they deserved...hahaha
I did not see anything wrong with it they deserved every bit of what they got and should have got more
I loved the move..Absolutely loved it!
I hate kneel downs anyways. If theres time on the clock, keep trying to score.
I have no problem with this. UCLA deserved it.
UCLA deserved it because UCLA's coach was being a prick by calling timeout. I would have done the same thing.