Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee 30 - Kentucky 24 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
final
Was this not in overtime??? OMG!! KY had this game won!!!
Just wow! When is it going to end? Im sick!
why can't Kentucky ever beat Freakin Tennessee???
This loss is on Joker I dont know why week in and week out we drive the field with cobb then settle for a freaking FG with newton
Kentucky played a great game! They had plenty of opportunities to win but they just weren't able to capitalize on anything! Seemed like the Cats used all their energy in the 1st half and had just enough to try and make a last effort win but weren't able too! Keep your heads up guys! We still got a Bowl Game to win and if we do that we will set a new record for 4 bowl game wins in a row!!
FATMAN Wrote:This loss is on Joker I dont know why week in and week out we drive the field with cobb then settle for a freaking FG with newton

Yeah, i agree with you! They should keep Randall Cobb at QB when it comes down to these types of situations! If Randall had stayed in at QB i think we would have won this game and the South Carolina game!
Joker Phillips playcalling before overtime was very questionable. 40+ Secs left and he leaves the game in the hands of young Newton? The "Wildcob" was working very effective. I have no Idea why they went away with that. Seiber...Really a 36 yd FG? Thats just heart breaking.
Same ole same ole, every year.

Kentucky had every chance in the world to win this game and didn't win it. I'm tired of this "we came up just a little bit short" crap. You'd think Rich Brooks and the staff would preach to this team throughout the season that "this Tennessee team has beaten our tails for 25 years, it's time to get a win already!"

UK just didn't want it tonight. They let Hardesty in untouched on the final play.

I know when you have a tough coaching decision, when you have success you're a genius and when you don't have success you're going to get questioned. But I still say on 4th and 3 from the Tennessee 11-yard line (or whatever it was) during regulation you have to go for the win. I even said before the play, if we go for a field goal here we will lose the game in overtime. Reason being, the Vol running game was kicking our rears. I for one, would have satisfied with call to go for it even if we hadn't got it. Others would have questioned it I'm sure, but like I said earlier, everyone questions the coach when the team loses.

Oh well, the streak continues. If any team has ever had another team's number in a sport, Tennessee has Kentucky's number in football.
Music City Bowl...Here we come!
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, i agree with you! They should keep Randall Cobb at QB when it comes down to these types of situations! If Randall had stayed in at QB i think we would have won this game and the South Carolina game!

Real Badman Wrote:Joker Phillips playcalling before overtime was very questionable. 40+ Secs left and he leaves the game in the hands of young Newton? The "Wildcob" was working very effective. I have no Idea why they went away with that. Seiber...Really a 36 yd FG? Thats just heart breaking.

FATMAN Wrote:This loss is on Joker I dont know why week in and week out we drive the field with cobb then settle for a freaking FG with newton

WHY WHY!! Seriously! WHY. What was they thinking. U was marching down the field with cobb and locke then had the ball of to newton and start throwing? Jesus
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Same ole same ole, every year.

Kentucky had every chance in the world to win this game and didn't win it. I'm tired of this "we came up just a little bit short" crap. You'd think Rich Brooks and the staff would preach to this team throughout the season that "this Tennessee team has beaten our tails for 25 years, it's time to get a win already!"

UK just didn't want it tonight. They let Hardesty in untouched on the final play.

I know when you have a tough coaching decision, when you have success you're a genius and when you don't have success you're going to get questioned. But I still say on 4th and 3 from the Tennessee 11-yard line (or whatever it was) during regulation you have to go for the win. I even said before the play, if we go for a field goal here we will lose the game in overtime. Reason being, the Vol running game was kicking our rears. I for one, would have satisfied with call to go for it even if we hadn't got it. Others would have questioned it I'm sure, but like I said earlier, everyone questions the coach when the team loses.

Oh well, the streak continues. If any team has ever had another team's number in a sport, Tennessee has Kentucky's number in football.

Agreed 100%. Man, it's sickening.
I have been a lifelong Tennessee fan with a single exception. His name is Randall Cobb (from Alcoa) and he happens to play for UK because Tennessee wasn't smart enough to recruit him as aggressively as UK.

We (several Alcoa and UT faithful) were pulling for UK to win this game and were cheering for your victory. All your posts about giving Randall the ball were dead on..............he is a playmaker like none other and has the heart of a lion!!!

Looking forward to cheering UK on to a bowl victory.
Anyone still got that feeling deep within your stomach? The bad kind?
I can not handle anymore of friggin JOKER PHILLIPS and his inept play calling. He is not worth a damm.

I am so mad right now that I seriously want to choke the life out of him.

Reason Kentucky cant and will never beat Tenn is because we dont make plays we should and we make bad decisions.
Real Badman Wrote:Anyone still got that feeling deep within your stomach? The bad kind?

Oh yes!! This was the year that we had the personnel and the momentum coming into the game to beat the Vols this year and as usual we couldn't get over the hump! This was the year!! I have a really bad feeling in my stomach and its going to be their until we play Tennessee again next year!!
Tough loss. Cats in the second half just could not generate any offense. UT put 7 and 8 in the box and committed to stop the UK running game. The 2 turnovers lost turned into 10 points. UT put up 440 yards of offense, but that was mostly due to the Defense having to be on the field so much.
Seemed like when the game was within our grasp we decided to throw it away. The coaching that is. COBB should have touched the ball every play that last drive and overtime.
Why not ride your horse on in for the win
logmountainboy64 Wrote:Why not ride your horse on in for the win

Wish we would have. But instead someone tried the donkey.
The University of Kentucky will NEVER beat the University of Tennessee in football again. Ever.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The University of Kentucky will NEVER beat the University of Tennessee in football again. Ever.

Ever is a long time.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Seemed like when the game was within our grasp we decided to throw it away. The coaching that is. COBB should have touched the ball every play that last drive and overtime.

Had Cobb touched the ball every play on the drive, there wouldn't have been overtime.
Real Badman Wrote:Anyone still got that feeling deep within your stomach? The bad kind?

Buddy i think this one hurt the most this group of seniors really deserved to win. and as much as I hate to say this the loss falls directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff. why did we call a time out when we where killing them every play on that last drive. Im tired of this it always sucks when we lose to them but for some reason this one is more painful than any loss I have ever seen.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Buddy i think this one hurt the most this group of seniors really deserved to win. and as much as I hate to say this the loss falls directly on the shoulders of the coaching staff. why did we call a time out when we where killing them every play on that last drive. Im tired of this it always sucks when we lose to them but for some reason this one is more painful than any loss I have ever seen.

2 losses this season was bad coaching. whats the point of keeping cobb at receiver if u dont have a QB who can throw it to him????????????????
PC_You_Know Wrote:Ever is a long time.
So is 25 years. UK dont know how to beat Tennessee in football. Its over. Im serious. Ever. UK will never beat Tennessee in football again. I hate UT worse than any team in college football, but its the truth. I can say that Im glad I got to witness the 1984 game that the Cats won, because its gonna be a game that Ill end up telling my grandkids about.
I'll continue the broken record statements. Playcalling was terrible when it counted. Cobb was taking us into the endzone and they quit going to him. No way UT was going to keep Cobb from getting in. Completely on the coaches here. Even in the OT periods, Cobb should have had the ball. Why throw when EVERYONE knows that we can't. Ridiculous. I am just sick.
Maybe one day we will figure it out and make the right calls at the end of the game.
Kentucky played to conservative in the end in this one. Why not throw the ball or if your going to run the ball give it to Locke dont let newton run 2 straight QB draws and settle for a field goal for OT. Why didnt they attack and go for the win? Same thing in OT if i remember right there wasnt one shot at the end zone for a TD. I just dont get it, you would think they would want it more after 25 years of getting beat.
You people that want to blame Joker Phillips need to get a clue.

This loss is on an offense that has few weapons and is being forced to play a true freshman at QB before he is ready. The wildcat covers up some of that but you can't run it all the time. Some of the idiots sitting around me were screaming for it. Then when Tenn would adjust and stop it the same idiots were screaming call another play. The play book has fewer options in it now than it had in 2007.

This loss is also on a defense that has a knack for giving up big plays. Now I understand that when you try to be aggressive you are going to get burnt a few times. But some of the blown coverages were just rediculous. The secondary play to me was the most disappointing thing about this game.

I hate rocky top.
Pages: 1 2 3