Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 34 - Georgia 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First win in Georgia since 1977!
Been a few first weens in a long time this season.
OMG, I forgot about it. Been busy at work among other things. Heck yes.
CatDawg Wrote:OMG, I forgot about it. Been busy at work among other things. Heck yes.

You missed a flip flop game,.
Apparently, heard it was a heck of a comeback. Hopefully my lovely wife got it on dvr.
I do think Georgia is in the East Division on the road and they sure weren't vandy. Hello DangerousDan.
Its great to watch someone elses senior night be ruined. What no one has said is that this makes the senior class 2-2 against georgia that is something to be proud of.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Been a few first weens in a long time this season.

Cant believe noone caught the way i spelled wins.... i thought it was funny.
:letsparty
This was a completely different team in the 2nd half. They came out determined to come back and win the game. Great effort and Great WIN!
way to go cats, now get tn next, i will be there for that one
Kentucky converted on Georgia turnovers and that's what good teams are supposed to do when the opposistion turns it over. Offense played a great game and Morgan Newton is going to be a great quarterback at UK. Another big game for Cobb & Locke!

Lets kill those Vols!
dag gone..... I dosed off and missed a heck of a game....hahaha
This is the happiest I have been with the football team since we beat Clemson in the Music City Bowl Woodson's junior year.
I am 3-0 for road SEC games for UK this year!

I dedicate this win to the idiot 3 seats down from me who spent the entire night yelling "UK SUCKS! UK.. THIS ISNT BASKETBALL! YOU CANT DOUBLE DRIBLLE AGAIN US! GO SHOOT A FREE THROW AND LEAVE FOOTBALL TO US! UK DOESNT BELONG IN THE SEC!"

Never was hearing someone go through 20 minutes of shocked silence while his girlfriend consoled him ever been so sweet! Big Grin
Wish I could have seen it. LOL
I fell asleep at 13-20. Missed a good rest of the game looks like.
WOW!! What happened?!! I stopped watching this one when it was 20-6 Georgia at the half. Did Randall Cobb take the game over for UK? or did Morgan Newton finally step up to the plate?

Congrats Wildcats!! Lets continue this success into the Tennessee game and then LETS GO BOWLING!!
Where is all those fans who posted earlier in the year that UK was a disgrace in football.
leecoukfan Wrote:WOW!! What happened?!! I stopped watching this one when it was 20-6 Georgia at the half. Did Randall Cobb take the game over for UK? or did Morgan Newton finally step up to the plate?

Congrats Wildcats!! Lets continue this success into the Tennessee game and then LETS GO BOWLING!!

UK capitalized on 4 second half GA turnovers, including a fumble on the opening kickoff of the second half. UK had two picks and GA totally messed up on a short yardage goal-line situation. Locke and Cobb are worth the price of admission, and the UK defense finally got some pressure on Cox. What a win. Now if we can beat the Vols, we will be set for an even better bowl game.
leecoukfan Wrote:WOW!! What happened?!! I stopped watching this one when it was 20-6 Georgia at the half. Did Randall Cobb take the game over for UK? or did Morgan Newton finally step up to the plate?

You're UK football fan card has been revoked... additionally for the sake of good luck you can not watch any of the UT game as your punishment.

HAHA JK

UK came out and looked like a completely different team in the 2nd Half and Joe Cox became the most hated UGA QB of all time. You also missed LaRd King's one handed touchdown and D-Locke taking a screen pass on 2nd and 24 60 yards for a TD.
It was all around good effort and i think it was extra sweet for all of the UK players from georgia who got to beat them in front of their friends and family. Also since Uk gets the majority of its out of state recruits from georgia this will be a major recruiting coup.
I so agree with that. It was so sweet for Cobb, and all the other Georgia players, who got looked over. Cobb is the next Antwan Randle El. Any team to pick him up is going to get a gem. Just as well as some of our other offensive and defensive players. These kind of wins and straight bowl games, makes recuiting, alot easier for Kentucky.
mrsportsfan Wrote:I so agree with that. It was so sweet for Cobb, and all the other Georgia players, who got looked over. Cobb is the next Antwan Randle El. Any team to pick him up is going to get a gem. Just as well as some of our other offensive and defensive players. These kind of wins and straight bowl games, makes recuiting, alot easier for Kentucky.

Not to nitpick but Cobb is from TN
Was a great game. I am glad I got to see this one.
Oh man, I called it!. ....Back in the prediction thread I said if Cobb played, UK by 7!

Sure enough, Cobb played.....UK by 7!!!!!

This is awesome! UK can now finsh 2ND IN THE SEC EAST with a win over UT. UK has all the momentum going into this one! I think this saturday will be a special night for this program....stay tuned!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You're UK football fan card has been revoked... additionally for the sake of good luck you can not watch any of the UT game as your punishment.

HAHA JK

UK came out and looked like a completely different team in the 2nd Half and Joe Cox became the most hated UGA QB of all time. You also missed LaRd King's one handed touchdown and D-Locke taking a screen pass on 2nd and 24 60 yards for a TD.

Sounds like i missed alot but they did alot better when i wasn' watching!! Haha, maybe i shouldn't watch it!
Stayed up and watched the whole game. Glad I didn't sleep.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Where is all those fans who posted earlier in the year that UK was a disgrace in football.

They're probably the same ones who fell asleep or stopped watching when Kentucky fell behind and then have the nerve to say "we" made it to another bowl.:HitWall:
Guys Kentucky football has definitly made huge strides during the Brooks era! Teams of UK's past would struggle against almost every team they played. Guys UK is slowly but surely turning into a good football program. If they can knock off TN this weekend, it will be huge win! I would say one of the biggest in the Rick Brooks era. Sure the LSU game a few years back was great, but I mean the last time uk beat ut... I wasn't even born, nor were any of the UK's current players. It will be a huge HUGE win.
Pages: 1 2