Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cleveland State vs. (5) Kentucky 11/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tip-off is 4:30 on Tuesday in Cancun.

Predictions and thoughts?
Kentucky rolls
Man, playing these cupcakes usre can't be good for getting this team ready for UNC and UConn
Cleveland State is no cupcake. They went 26-11 last season, won the Horizon League Title over Butler, and won an NCAA Tournament game. I'm not sure if they are capable of having that kind of success this season, but I still say they are no cupcake.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Cleveland State is no cupcake. They went 26-11 last season, won the Horizon League Title over Butler, and won an NCAA Tournament game. I'm not sure if they are capable of having that kind of success this season, but I still say they are no cupcake.

I was about to post the exact same thing. They had nice wins last season over Syracuse, Butler, and Wake Forest (in the NCAA tourny). This isn't a cupcake team. I think Kentucky wins, but it isn't going to be the easiest game.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Cleveland State is no cupcake. They went 26-11 last season, won the Horizon League Title over Butler, and won an NCAA Tournament game. I'm not sure if they are capable of having that kind of success this season, but I still say they are no cupcake.

First off, they just beat Sam Houston today 80-65 and apparently looked much better than our Cats against SHSU. But as far as comparing this team to last year, they are not nearly the team they were from last years team that beat Valpo in the Big Dance. They lost three starters from last year, including their top scorer and NBA player this year in Bullock. Their biggest loss was their playmaker and Point Guard Cerdric Jackson. This team just based on what they did to a like opponent may present a challenge to the Cats, but they shouldn't! This should be a laugher, which again scares me because it does nothing to get this team ready for the tests they will see in the next couple of weeks.
^ yep, meant Wake Forrest in the Big dance, Valpo was who they beat to get to the Finals in their conference.
If UK plays the way they did today VS Rider, they should come out 4-0 heading into the Stanford/Virginia game.
cats get another win
even the games against cupcakes was good for helping the players help each other in a sense but cleveland state is no cupcake will be a great game but i believe UK rolls by at least 15 but we will be ready for UNC and the huskies
Well If Uk wins this game there not ready for UNC yet or UCONN..but I think that Virginia or stanford can give the cats a scare! anyone else think so
theVILLE Wrote:Well If Uk wins this game there not ready for UNC yet or UCONN..but I think that Virginia or stanford can give the cats a scare! anyone else think so

WHAT? Seriously what did you just say? I can't follow! What in the world does it possibly mean to say that "If UK Wins", then come right after that with "There Not Ready for UNC or UConn"? I can understand if you say if "UK Loses", but how could a win, relate to a loss??????:please:
Uk by 14
the cats are gonna be great...the ville better be worried when they get to louisville cause they will be scary good...
Stardust Wrote:WHAT? Seriously what did you just say? I can't follow! What in the world does it possibly mean to say that "If UK Wins", then come right after that with "There Not Ready for UNC or UConn"? I can understand if you say if "UK Loses", but how could a win, relate to a loss??????:please:

Come on Stardust, you know theVILLE. He has his own way of thinking. :biggrin:
Both cancun games are on cbs college sports. That is channel 152 if you have dishnetwork. You need at least the classic silver 200 package to get the game on dish.
I like Kentucky by 15.
Uk-88
cs-70
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Come on Stardust, you know theVILLE. He has his own way of thinking. :biggrin:

Boy, does he!!!!!!!!!!!! :please:

LOL :biggrin:
UK by 20!
cougarpride08 Wrote:UK by 20!

Agree with ya!!
I expect UK to come out and take care of business, just as they did against Rider.

GBB!
Stardust Wrote:WHAT? Seriously what did you just say? I can't follow! What in the world does it possibly mean to say that "If UK Wins", then come right after that with "There Not Ready for UNC or UConn"? I can understand if you say if "UK Loses", but how could a win, relate to a loss??????:please:

I say UK by 13.. After this game whomever they shall play whether it be Virginia or stanford..they will have a close game there too..And as of now I dont think they are ready to play UCONN or UNC
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Both cancun games are on cbs college sports. That is channel 152 if you have dishnetwork. You need at least the classic silver 200 package to get the game on dish.
613 on DirectTv.
UK-94
Opponent-68
Stardust Wrote:Man, playing these cupcakes usre can't be good for getting this team ready for UNC and UConn

i think this is really good for a young team. get there confidence up. And the great part about all these cupcake teams are that we had a close game with miami ohio and shows that they can do it under pressure but i do wish that the schedule should have thrown a decent D1 team in the mix
Stardust Wrote:Man, playing these cupcakes usre can't be good for getting this team ready for UNC and UConn

theVILLE Wrote:Well If Uk wins this game there not ready for UNC yet or UCONN..but I think that Virginia or stanford can give the cats a scare! anyone else think so

He basically said the same thing you did, just not in the same words. Both of you are referring to the weak competition not preparing us for our upcoming games with top competition. Seriously is it that hard to get that from his post. Question for you Stardust, If UK Wins do you think they are ready for UNC or UConn?
Cleveland State will be the toughest opponent that UK will have played so far this season, they've got legitimate NCAA Tourny experience, so it should be a good test for the Wildcats and we'll be able to see if our defense has improved any. CSU's starting lineup should look something like this:
G Cole Norris 6'2'' 170 Jr
G Trevon Harmon 6'1'' 170 So
G D' Aundray Brown 6'4'' 185 Jr
F Jared Cunningham 6'9'' 225 Jr
F Aaron Pogue 6'9'' 275 So
Cole norris is he a good shooter
leecoukfan Wrote:Cleveland State will be the toughest opponent that UK will have played so far this season, they've got legitimate NCAA Tourny experience, so it should be a good test for the Wildcats and we'll be able to see if our defense has improved any. CSU's starting lineup should look something like this:
G Cole Norris 6'2'' 170 Jr
G Trevon Harmon 6'1'' 170 So
G D' Aundray Brown 6'4'' 185 Jr
F Jared Cunningham 6'9'' 225 Jr
F Aaron Pogue 6'9'' 275 So

Cole Norris is their top scorer who averages over 20 points a game and he can score on you from the perimeter or the paint and also Aaron Pogue is a BULL in the paint, its gonna be hard putting a body on him. He's listed at 275 but he could be anywhere from 280-290!
Pages: 1 2