Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #5 Kentucky 92 - Rider 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cats dominate a game that they were supposed to Dominate. Cats go 4-0 for the first time since 2004 and do it in convincing manner, on their way to the countdown to 2000 wins.

John Wall was just simply amazing. He finally looked like the John Wall that we all expected. His crossover, speed and passing skills bring me to compare him to Chris Paul. Gets his double/double.

PP just dominated the inside. Not sure what the three point shots are all about, he does not need to prove to anyone in the NBA that he can shoot it, so please stick the the game that will land you a multi-million dollar contract. Just dominate and comfortable on the inside. Followed shots and looked for the ball all over. Got his double/double as well.

Cousins compliments PP much better than I expected. When he can keep himself on the court, the duo just looks unstoppable on the inside. He is very active and shows tremendous skills.

We had contributions from the Bench as Orton stepped onto the floor and looked fantastic. His 10 first half points gave the Cats a tremendous boost that kept Rider from ever getting on track.

We will need Dodson and his outside shooting. Bledsoe went 1-3 before he went 2-3 from the three point line. Besides Dodson, I don't think this team has a guys that can shoot us out of trouble.

Rider for their part just shot miserably. They came into the game as a 40% shooting team from the 3pt line. To shoot in the teens was not expected. Though the Cats perimeter D looked better in the 2nd half, the Cats still did not defend the perimeter well in the first half.

All-in-all, this was the best performance of the year.
Great Game For The Cats,
I think once Miller gets more comfortable shooting the ball, he will be a pretty good outside shooter. He has already proven that he can hit the three. He hit a few against Sam Houston. I believe he hit one or two today as well.
We actually looked like a top 25 team.
WildcatWildman87 Wrote:I think once Miller gets more comfortable shooting the ball, he will be a pretty good outside shooter. He has already proven that he can hit the three. He hit a few against Sam Houston. I believe he hit one or two today as well.

I agree...I expect big things from Miller
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:We actually looked like a top 25 team.

Agreed:Thumbs:
WildcatWildman87 Wrote:I think once Miller gets more comfortable shooting the ball, he will be a pretty good outside shooter. He has already proven that he can hit the three. He hit a few against Sam Houston. I believe he hit one or two today as well.

4-11 on the season
With the North Carolina loss, I look for Kentucky to jump up a spot in the rankings too..
crazyfan4 Wrote:With the North Carolina loss, I look for Kentucky to jump up a spot in the rankings too..

:Thumbs:
If miller would continue to shoot the ball i would be happy, it seems after he misses one shot his confidence just dies.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If miller would continue to shoot the ball i would be happy, it seems after he misses one shot his confidence just dies.

I love Miller's floater...Seems to be very consistent with that shot.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I love Miller's floater...Seems to be very consistent with that shot.

I love his mid range jumper. Rarely do u see him miss it, When he actually shoots it.
Stardust Wrote:Cats dominate a game that they were supposed to Dominate. Cats go 4-0 for the first time since 2004 and do it in convincing manner, on their way to the countdown to 2000 wins.

John Wall was just simply amazing. He finally looked like the John Wall that we all expected. His crossover, speed and passing skills bring me to compare him to Chris Paul. Gets his double/double.

PP just dominated the inside. Not sure what the three point shots are all about, he does not need to prove to anyone in the NBA that he can shoot it, so please stick the the game that will land you a multi-million dollar contract. Just dominate and comfortable on the inside. Followed shots and looked for the ball all over. Got his double/double as well.

Cousins compliments PP much better than I expected. When he can keep himself on the court, the duo just looks unstoppable on the inside. He is very active and shows tremendous skills.

We had contributions from the Bench as Orton stepped onto the floor and looked fantastic. His 10 first half points gave the Cats a tremendous boost that kept Rider from ever getting on track.

We will need Dodson and his outside shooting. Bledsoe went 1-3 before he went 2-3 from the three point line. Besides Dodson, I don't think this team has a guys that can shoot us out of trouble.

Rider for their part just shot miserably. They came into the game as a 40% shooting team from the 3pt line. To shoot in the teens was not expected. Though the Cats perimeter D looked better in the 2nd half, the Cats still did not defend the perimeter well in the first half.

All-in-all, this was the best performance of the year.

Coach Cal is the one that has him shooting those 3's...he wants him to be a more diverse player I reckon. He's driven to the basket ALOT this year and looks like he is in alot better shape.
1992 & counting

Great job Cats! Defense played much better today. Only giving up four treys and also limiting our silly turnovers.
Good win Kentucky

Nice defense
vundy33 Wrote:Coach Cal is the one that has him shooting those 3's...he wants him to be a more diverse player I reckon. He's driven to the basket ALOT this year and looks like he is in alot better shape.

Nobody wanted Karl Malone to shoot the three, he did alright with the "lack" of diversity. I can't see why Cal would want a guy who has shot fewer than a dozen threes in his college career and did not shoot them inHS to all of a sudden want him to start shooting threes. I can't imagine that Cal will want him to start bringing the ball up the floor or be the point on the press..... If this is a Cal move, it's not a smart move.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:We actually looked like a top 25 team.

lol against Rider, a team that hasn't reached the NCAA tourney since 1994. UK will not be tested, or shouldn't be tested anyways, until they play UNC on Dec 5.
:Thumbs:
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol against Rider, a team that hasn't reached the NCAA tourney since 1994. UK will not be tested, or shouldn't be tested anyways, until they play UNC on Dec 5.
UK handles a mid-major team finally. We have faced some good competition out of mid-major programs projected to finish high in their conference. But lets all sit back and enjoy the ride as we take in these underclassmen grow into big-time basketball players. This season is going to be fun once we gets everything going!

GBB!
UK is going to be a hard out in March heads up for the rest of the NCAA Teams
runninrebs21 Wrote:lol against Rider, a team that hasn't reached the NCAA tourney since 1994. UK will not be tested, or shouldn't be tested anyways, until they play UNC on Dec 5.

stanford or virginia game??
GHOST Wrote:UK is going to be a hard out in March heads up for the rest of the NCAA Teams

I don't know why you would think this UK team is ready for March the way
they have been playing. This is not a very good team right now. Have some really good players but they don't play as a cohesive unit right now.
Hopefully they will learn to play together by the time they start SEC play and become a team that could compete in March. At the present time they are not as good as their ranking they hold. I say they are a top 20 team but I think they would be somewhere closer to the #12 team rather than the #4 team in the country.
^ I would agree with that
Stardust Wrote:Nobody wanted Karl Malone to shoot the three, he did alright with the "lack" of diversity. I can't see why Cal would want a guy who has shot fewer than a dozen threes in his college career and did not shoot them inHS to all of a sudden want him to start shooting threes. I can't imagine that Cal will want him to start bringing the ball up the floor or be the point on the press..... If this is a Cal move, it's not a smart move.

Patrick is not as tall as Malone and others, and will be drafted to play some at the 3 spot. At the NBA Camp Patterson was listed at 6'7 (They measure with no shoes, shoes add 1 inch), and they said it was stretched at that.. So the truth of the matter is, Patterson is not big enough for power foward or center in the NBA, so he will have to work this year on scoring facing the basket, and off the dribble, & also mid range, and outside shooting, as scouts have listed this as his weaknesses.