Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rider @ (5) Kentucky 11/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predictions and thoughts for this second round game in the Cancun Challenge at Rupp Arena?

Tip-off for the game starts at 1:00 p.m.
I'll take the Cats by 15.

Honestly don't know what to expect though.
Cats by 25 in this one. I think they'll continue to improve. Offense was better tonight look for the defense to start improving this week.
I agree CatDawg, Coach Cal was extremely upset with the defensive effort tonight. He said in the post-game press conference, "This team has no defensive urgency, none."

You don't have to guess that the main point for tomorrow's practice will be about defense, most specifically perimeter defense.

As for a prediction on this game, I'll take Kentucky to win by at least 20. I believe Coach Cal will be able to motivate this team to get after it on the defensive end Saturday.

Go Wildcats!
I see UK winning by about 15-20, but no more than that. Their biggest win so far was to MSU by 16 and they have yet to play even a decent team. The freshmen will get better, but it will take some time. That is why they are overrated at this point in the season, they should not be #5 in the country. Top 25, yes, but not top 5.
go cats
cats by 30 defense will be on
I agree on the top 25 but no way so highly ranked right now. I had wished they had been out of the top 25 so that they would try to prove themselves more and not get to hyped. Well to late for that now lets just hope we get it together by UNC.
uk takes it by 20
I think Kentucky will win this one but they CANNOT take this Rider team lightly! This is a Rider(2-1) that started their season with a 14 point victory over Mississippi State who is the preseason selection to win the SEC west.
The starting lineup should look something like this for the opposing Rider Broncos:
G Justin Robinson 6'2'' 190 Jr.
G Ryan Thompson 6'6'' 220 Sr.
G Novar Gadson 6'7'' 230 So.
F Mike Ringgold 6'7'' 215 Jr.
F Jermaine Jackson 6'8'' 220 So.

So this team has more size in their starting lineup than Sam Houston State did and this team also has some boys who can drain it from the perimeter. Rider currently has 4 players shooting over 50% from the 3 point line. The biggest threat out of those 4 is their starting SG Ryan Thompson who is 10-19 from three point range so far this season which is 52.6%. Considering that Corey Allmond(SHS) had only hit 4 three pointers before he played against UK that might not be a good sign. Also, Novar Gadson whoever has to guard him will have a rough time because he is listed at 6'7'' but he plays like he atleast 6'10'', he leads the team in rebounds and if you don't watch out he could swat one too. So, to make sure that UK doesn't have an early season heartbreak Coach Cal will need to put a bigger player on Novar Gadson to keep him under control. Secondly, i reallyhope that he is focusing on defending the 3 point line in practice this week because its gonna kill us in the long run if we don't get it under control early in the season. I think Coach Cal needs to try and get his bench players in early so that they have an oppotunity to contribute and get some much needed early season experince. I know that the way our starters played against SHS that we didn't really need any help from the bench but thats not always going to be the case. So, hopefully we can get these kinks worked out before we go up against teams like Stanford or Virginia, North Carolina, Connecticut and so on. So Wildcats be ready and GO UK!!!
I'm just going to say Kentucky!....last 2 times I have said UK by 20+ we have stunk it up defensively
Basically we need to shut down Ryan Thompson, as he is 10-19 from behind the arc to start the season.
On 98.1 after the game last night, Coach Cal said that UK might lose this game. They need to improve drastically on defense and 36 hours is not enough time to do that.

However, I think UK pulls out another squeeker.

UK - 94
Rider - 88
Cats by 10. I think the defense will be slightly improved in this game because Cal is gonna get after them. Ill say 82-72.
Uk by 15. We wont be blowing out any teams until we learn defense.
the defense will be on tack this game rider will not score more than 60
Uk by 8
I'll say UK by 16
Is Rider coached by the same coach that took them to the Big Dance a couple of years ago?
Is this game on tv?
#1EagleFan Wrote:Is this game on tv?

Live at 1 pm EST on Fox Sports South. This is a good Rider team. These games will help UK immensely. They need to improve the 3-point D and cut down on turnovers. These are the two areas I will be watching closely.
Got a link today?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Predictions and thoughts for this second round game in the Cancun Challenge at Rupp Arena?

Tip-off for the game starts at 1:00 p.m.

:Thumbs: U K in this one ..... ( Let's play some defense !!!!!! )..... :rockon:
All right, Let's go Cats - Tipoff is coming next