Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Early thoughts of #1 seeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes it is early but it is always fun to see who can get them right

I say Mich. St.
Kansas
Texas
and DUKE

Other with possible shots at it
Purdue
UNC
TENN
UK
Lville
Ohio St.
Its wayyy to early for these types of predictions but.....

1) Kansas - They have the most experienced team along with arguably the most talented team as well in the country.

2) Michigan State - The Spartans have the best starting backcourt in the nation without a doubt in Lucas & Summers. Both have been playing extremely well to start the season off, but with the Big Ten being rather weak I can see them possibly sweeping the conference.

3) Duke - The Blue Devils have one of the best front-courts in the nation along two very good guards in Nelson & Scheyer. I think they'll drop a few in ACC play, but win the conference tourney and earn that #1 seed.

4) Kentucky - And I'm not being bias either. I think everyone in the country can agree that UK has the team with the most potential and although I think they'll lose 5 or 6 games they'll still have an RPI & SOS great enough to get them a #1 seed. I also expect the Cats to win the SEC outright and tourney.
theVILLE it is wasy to early for this prediction..I say keep this thread going til xmas then restart it and see what everyone says. It will be alot different.

I say
Kansas- Most talent and arguably the best player in the nation in cole aldrich. Also the best PG in the nation in Sherron Collins.

Mich St.-Great Backcourt and alot of potential. With the weaker conference play they should get the #1. Only one loss in conference lay and that is Ohio St.

Duke- Nelson and scheyer is great backcourt. I look for them to sweep UNC but lose a game in conference play. I dont know who to though. I think they win ACC outright and tourney though to give them #1 seed.

Louisville- I have to put them in there. I know alot will disagree too. With Sosa, Smith, Knowles, Samuels, and Jennings returning along with several others and some good recruits with this expierenced team. I expect alot from them. They will loose a few games in conference play but none in non conference play. Go cards. Also when Pitino steps into Rupp and he is BOOED! then Sosa and Smith will want to win more and they will play twice as hard..same goes for anywhere else.

Kentucky- Yes I know there is only 4 #1 seeds. However UK has the potential but there is alot of freshman mistakes to make on the floor. I could see them getting it, Still the team has to mature alot and not turn the ball over
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Its wayyy to early for these types of predictions but.....

1) Kansas - They have the most experienced team along with arguably the most talented team as well in the country.

2) Michigan State - The Spartans have the best starting backcourt in the nation without a doubt in Lucas & Summers. Both have been playing extremely well to start the season off, but with the Big Ten being rather weak I can see them possibly sweeping the conference.

3) Duke - The Blue Devils have one of the best front-courts in the nation along two very good guards in Nelson & Scheyer. I think they'll drop a few in ACC play, but win the conference tourney and earn that #1 seed.

4) Kentucky - And I'm not being bias either. I think everyone in the country can agree that UK has the team with the most potential and although I think they'll lose 5 or 6 games they'll still have an RPI & SOS great enough to get them a #1 seed. I also expect the Cats to win the SEC outright and tourney.

I can agree with this!!

good break down BlackCatAlum
UK
Michigan state
Kansas
Purdue
im going with dicky vs i think he had uk kansas purdue and texas
Kansas
Purdue
Texas
Villanova

I would like to say UK but i think they are just too young to pull off enough games to make a #1 seed..Def. a #2 though
Ill give my prediction in about a month.
wildcatk23 Wrote:ill give my prediction in about a month.

^^ this