Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (1) Kansas 57 - Memphis 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final!

Memphis missed GW 3-pt field as time expires
Kansas did not impress me at all. Memphis still has a good looking team this year.
Kansas will have there hands full with # 2 Michigan State in the next game.
Kansas, UNC, and UK have been put through good games thus far. Each will benefit from them much more than it will hurt them.
Exciting finish!
In all honesty, UK's game should have been a blow out but I guess that's hard to do when the other team shoots and makes that many threes.
Amun-Ra Wrote:In all honesty, UK's game should have been a blow out but I guess that's hard to do when the other team shoots and makes that many threes.

Should have been, but when you miss 10 free throws and give up 15 or 16 three's, then its going to be close. But these are mistakes we can overcome and something that will not haunt us all season.
wow. wish memphis would had pull the upset...
This Suck lol!!!
Obviously Memphis is not missing their coach
look for #1 to go down against #2
After last night, the only glaring mismatch Kansas seems to provide is the big guy inside. The point guard is really good as well. I suddenly like Tennessee's chances in the game against them in Knoxville later this season.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:After last night, the only glaring mismatch Kansas seems to provide is the big guy inside. The point guard is really good as well. I suddenly like Tennessee's chances in the game against them in Knoxville later this season.

Have to agree with you there Tennessee looked GOOD last night, now granted they weren't playing the most talented team in the nation but still 66 points at half and 100 with 8 minutes left to play!! :popcorn:
CardinalAlum Wrote:Kansas did not impress me at all. Memphis still has a good looking team this year.

Memphis really surprised me they lose their coach along with basically all of their recruits as well, and still look better than Kentucky does!!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Kansas will have there hands full with # 2 Michigan State in the next game.

Michigan State almost got upset last night as well by Gonzaga that was a great game.
QUOTE=BlackcatAlum;889624]Kansas, UNC, and UK have been put through good games thus far. Each will benefit from them much more than it will hurt them.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree :Thumbs: I think that KY's game was the best possible thing for them it made them realize they have a long way to go and that they aren't as good as everyone is building them up to be. I think it will make them more coachable now and let Coach Cal work his magic
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:look for #1 to go down against #2

Both teams was took to the wire this week.
according to ESPN.com Kansas don't play Michicgan State but the guys that called the game last night said that they played. so which is it, do they play or not????
I cant find anywhere where these 2 teams play so im guessing they dont.
Stardust Wrote:Obviously Memphis is not missing their coach

They basically have the younger version of Calipari in Josh Pastner. As he runs the same offense & defense as coach Cal does.
So I was impressed with Memphis and thinking that maybe kansas was all hype also..
Was anyone impressed with GONZAGA last night..keep this team in mind come march
theVILLE Wrote:So I was impressed with Memphis and thinking that maybe kansas was all hype also..

i was impressed by the Zags, I think even though they lost. They should still be in top 25. They lead pretty much the whole game till the last 2 or 3 mins!!

looks like its gonna be a great season of College ball!!:rockon:
theVILLE Wrote:So I was impressed with Memphis and thinking that maybe kansas was all hype also..

They played a great game. I'm still amazed by the way the play like a team.
kansas is not that good
No im saying Texas is the #1 team right now
theVILLE Wrote:No im saying Texas is the #1 team right now

and Louisville's #2 right?
PC_You_Know Wrote:and Louisville's #2 right?

Right!!!
No im saying that Texas is the all around best team right now. and You say louisville is #2..Well that may be I like louisville too they are very good but they are only top 10..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They basically have the younger version of Calipari in Josh Pastner. As he runs the same offense & defense as coach Cal does.

He runs a different style of offense that Cal. Pastner runs the type of offense that the old Arizona coach ran. He was only with Cal for one year. Thought I would clear that up for ya buddy.
great game memphis is under rated and should have been ranked coming into the season
How good was Pastner he will be one of the great young coach's in america