Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennessee @ Kentucky 11/28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Announced today that gametime has been set for 7 on ESPNU. Whats the usual ticket situation at Commonwealth? Easy to find tickets from scalpers for a reasonable price or should I go ahead and get them as soon as I can?
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Announced today that gametime has been set for 7 on ESPNU. Whats the usual ticket situation at Commonwealth? Easy to find tickets from scalpers for a reasonable price or should I go ahead and get them as soon as I can?

There is always scalpers. The price of the ticket will depend on what happens this weekend vs. UGA. If UK beats UGA then C-Wealth will be filled to the gills and the ticket price will rise exponentially(usually Tennessee game is a sellout anyway)

If UK loses to UGA= 20 bucks or more over face.
If UK beats UGA= 40+ bucks over face.

Right now you are looking at tickets starting at 70.00+.. a loss to UGA will minimally effect that price, a win will positively raise it.
Plus, any good UK fan would certainly add another 20% onto the total if they know you are a UT fan Big Grin
Haha.. Somehow, I knew that was coming. Thanks a lot for the info. Sounds like I better start looking. I planned to buy from our allotment and waited a little too long, only singles available. I'm having a hard time remembering a UT-UK night game in Lexington. With the exception of last season, I can't remember one at all. Seems as though the new SEC-ESPN contract is going to provide a lot of night games, which I like.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Haha.. Somehow, I knew that was coming. Thanks a lot for the info. Sounds like I better start looking. I planned to buy from our allotment and waited a little too long, only singles available. I'm having a hard time remembering a UT-UK night game in Lexington. With the exception of last season, I can't remember one at all. Seems as though the new SEC-ESPN contract is going to provide a lot of night games, which I like.

The game two years ago took place mainly at night...but it was actually a day-time kickoff. I am with you, I cannot honestly remember the last UK/UT @ UK which took place at night.

By the way... a very good ticket website I stumbled on is http://www.takemeoutonline.com. I have used it for 3 or 4 away games. They usually have a good selection of tickets, but where Stubhub charges tax, absurd shipping charges, and the occasional service charge... this site the price you see is what you pay.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The game two years ago took place mainly at night...but it was actually a day-time kickoff. I am with you, I cannot honestly remember the last UK/UT @ UK which took place at night.

By the way... a very good ticket website I stumbled on is http://www.takemeoutonline.com. I have used it for 3 or 4 away games. They usually have a good selection of tickets, but where Stubhub charges tax, absurd shipping charges, and the occasional service charge... this site the price you see is what you pay.

Was that a long day two years ago or what? Seems like it started at 1, but you're right, most of it was at night. If we get another game like that with a 7pm start, it may be over by Christmas.

I'm on my way to check out that site. I've had some luck with eBay this season, but so far not much to choose from. As you said, StubHub prices are ridiculous with all the charges. Thanks!
UK is going to win this game
UK will worry about UT win it comes time to Worry about UT they take it one game at a time and this week it is Georgia GO CATS
i hope they dont bring their pellet guns to town or stop by one of our convenient stores on the way.......lol.
big blu 2 u Wrote:i hope they dont bring their pellet guns to town or stop by one of our convenient stores on the way.......lol.

They're off the team.. Haven't you heard?
I want the Cats but see Tenn winning,42-21.
Just bought two tickets through ukathletics.com and ticketmaster for $90 bucks. Theyre upper arena but hey im just there for the atmosphere. Its the cheaper route to go and you may be stuck in a see of blue but hey its cheaper that way. Just giving you a possibility Bloody Harlan VOL
I believe this game depends on how they do VS Georgia.
UKsportsfan Wrote:Just bought two tickets through ukathletics.com and ticketmaster for $90 bucks. Theyre upper arena but hey im just there for the atmosphere. Its the cheaper route to go and you may be stuck in a see of blue but hey its cheaper that way. Just giving you a possibility Bloody Harlan VOL

Thanks a lot.. By now I'm used to blue anyway.. Haha. So won't hurt to sit in some. It appears that we may have two given to us for free from someone down here with a parking pass, but if that falls through I'd say I'll go that route. Most of the prices I'm seeing are much more than $90 for a pair. You guys have been a lot of help and I appreciate it!
I will hate to hear Rocky Top sung by the UT faithful
Bluecat Wrote:I believe this game depends on how they do VS Georgia.

Agree.
I agree, if we beat the Dawgs, then the 25 year Vols streak will end, if we don't the streak moves to #26
Kentucky

Tennessee has far too many off the field issues currently hurting their team.
ekualum05 Wrote:the game two years ago took place mainly at night...but it was actually a day-time kickoff. I am with you, i cannot honestly remember the last uk/ut @ uk which took place at night.

By the way... A very good ticket website i stumbled on is http://www.takemeoutonline.com. I have used it for 3 or 4 away games. They usually have a good selection of tickets, but where stubhub charges tax, absurd shipping charges, and the occasional service charge... This site the price you see is what you pay.

i got 4 tickets to ky/tn game they are section 200,row 25 seats 5,6,7,8....55.00 each and can bring to the game, no cost for shipping
cuppett777 Wrote:i got 4 tickets to ky/tn game they are section 200,row 25 seats 5,6,7,8....55.00 each and can bring to the game, no cost for shipping

ill probably be able to touch you with a 10 ft. pole at the game.
UKsportsfan Wrote:ill probably be able to touch you with a 10 ft. pole at the game.

make sure you let me know before you touch me with the pole,so i dont poke my eye out,lol
lol....ill be the guy the guy thats had a few too many at the tailgate party so you should see notice me and see it coming lol GO CATS
I'm set.. Got my tickets and a parking pass so I am ready to go.. Wait a minute, we have to play Vandy first. I almost forgot about the Commode Doors tomorrow.
UKsportsfan Wrote:lol....ill be the guy the guy thats had a few too many at the tailgate party so you should see notice me and see it coming lol GO CATS

ok, i might have to many cokes,lol,you will be able to notice me as well, will be with young lady that has very long hair, go cats
With the win over UGA now, I think the confidence could help UK get the W over UT.
Bluecat Wrote:With the win over UGA now, I think the confidence could help UK get the W over UT.

:Thumbs: Hopefully.
Cats are looking real good coming in
The seniors, especially Micah Johnson, will not let this losing streak to the Vols continue. A defensive struggle I predict...

UK 16
UT 13
lets go get em cats
Rich Brooks said that the seniors didn't want to play another bowl game in Tennessee, and Brooks told them that its in their laps to determine what bowl game they goto. Tonight they showed us a lot of determination and beat a very good Georgia team at UGA. I think Kentucky wins this game behind the dynamic duo of Cobb & Locke and heads to the Outback Bowl in Tampa, FL.

Kentucky- 24
Tennessee- 20
Pages: 1 2 3 4