Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #5 Cincinnati 24 - #25 West Virginia 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final -

Jarrod White looked awesome for the Mountaineers.

But Collaros has a solid game. Pike comes in for two plays inside the 10 yardline and throws TD's on both plays. Starting tailback Ramsey is out for two weeks for the Cats, but back-up Pead steps in and rushes for 180 yards against a very good WV defense
Scenario that Cats need:

1. #12 Pitt to beat Notre Dame tomorrow
2. UC to beat what should a top 10 Pitt team @ Pitt

That jumps them over TCU

Bama/Gator loser would drop below an undefeated UC team.

Texas will not lose with their remaining schedule.

3. Florida to lose to FSU or Bama to lose @ Auburn - neither likely, but anything is possible in rivalrie games. If a Fla/Bama loser out of these two games, that team is very capable of beating the other in the SEC champsionship game.

This would be the only scenario for UC to make a championship game
A very good football game to watch..I thought both teams looked pretty good, but Cincy holds on..Pead played a great football game..congrats Bearcats!
I sware that had to be some of the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever seen out of a WVU football team. Why would you walk off the field at the end of the first half with two time outs in you hip pocket???? We had Cincy on the ropes all night with a chance to win and blow it. Kudos Stardust, because Kelly never quits jawing and is not afraid to even tell his coaches what he thinks. Stew was too busy laughing a smiling on the sidelines. Maybe he was telling one of his GA's that the bus would stop at a Dairy Queen on the way home for ice cream.
Can't believe WV left points on the board by not kicking the field goal. I bet they wish they had kicked it at the end of the game! Great effort by UC when they clearly did not have their "A" game going. Good teams find a way to win when they're not at their best!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I sware that had to be some of the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever seen out of a WVU football team. Why would you walk off the field at the end of the first half with two time outs in you hip pocket???? We had Cincy on the ropes all night with a chance to win and blow it. Kudos Stardust, because Kelly never quits jawing and is not afraid to even tell his coaches what he thinks. Stew was too busy laughing a smiling on the sidelines. Maybe he was telling one of his GA's that the bus would stop at a Dairy Queen on the way home for ice cream.

HeHateMe Wrote:Can't believe WV left points on the board by not kicking the field goal. I bet they wish they had kicked it at the end of the game! Great effort by UC when they clearly did not have their "A" game going. Good teams find a way to win when they're not at their best!

Guy's, great posts. UC was on the ropes, but UC played really well. My hats are off to WV. They played well enough to win, or at least push that game to OT. I think the WV coaching staff "overcoached" instead of playing the odds. I truly thought they would have changed the entire momentum of the game had they kicked the field goal with 5:23 to go. I am happy for UC, but last night the Mountaineers really showed me something. UC got by with one. WV just may have been what UC needed going into the Pitt game.

IMO, Pitt wins a big emotional game. Even though Pitt could be playing for a Big East title and a BCS game against UC, their big game will be tonight with Notre Dame. I beleive whether they win or lose tonights game, they will have a letdown against the Cats.