Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 75 Morehead State 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
was kinda boring. that dunk from the MSU guy was amazing.

we look totally lost without wall in the lineup
UK just can't match their potential when Wall is not on the floor. I'm not at all worried about UK. Morehead State is a great team and is definitely no slouch.

Congrats Wildcats!
Yeah MSU really won that game by 7 didn't they VILLE!! It was good to start the season off with a win, but it was a slopy win though. I think UK had 24 turnovers but that will all change in the next game when we get MR. Wall back at the Point!! Just wanna say: Eric Bledsoe is amazing!!! Did anyone see that crazy layup he made as he was fall down and there was even someone there guarding him!! Crazy stuff!! Go UK!!
Coach Cal get's his first win as the Biggest Cat in the Land
Positives- Bledsoe, Patterson and Dodson
Negatives- Miller. Bledsoe's 7 TO's. Team's 24 TO's
Good win against a good team.. We will look a lot better next game with Wall in the lineup.
16 pts I won the bet! Ill post your new avatar later!
A win is a win, we'll see the real UK next week when we reinsert "The Wall"
Seemed as if the refs tucked their whistles deep inside their pockets when MSU was playing defense. Numerous times Patterson was fouled and you could hear it from the fans.
Do you guys really think theVILLE is going to keep his end of the bet? :biggrin:
Well both teams looked awful.. MSU couldn't make a wide open 3.. and UK couldn't hold on to the ball at all! Bledsoe and Patterson looked really good but that was all I saw. It will be better with Wall for sure. But all of you who said UK would win by 30-40, I guess you can come back to reality now. This is a very good UK team, better with Wall, but they aren't going to walk all over everyone, even teams like MSU. Nice win tho for the Wildcats.
Was it just me or were the refs not calling nothing... My mom even said something about it. She said she felt sorry for Bledsoe cause he was getting hit everytime he had the ball.

Besides that we def need to take care of the ball better. We will get better though.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well both teams looked awful.. MSU couldn't make a wide open 3.. and UK couldn't hold on to the ball at all! Bledsoe and Patterson looked really good but that was all I saw. It will be better with Wall for sure. But all of you who said UK would win by 30-40, I guess you can come back to reality now. This is a very good UK team, better with Wall, but they aren't going to walk all over everyone, even teams like MSU. Nice win tho for the Wildcats.

You really expect 24 turnovers a game? Cousins in foul trouble the whole game? Without Wall? First game of the season.
No, but do you really expect Bledsoe to score over 20 a game and make shots backwards falling down? I am not saying they will lose to a team like MSU, but they aren't going to walk over every team in the NCAA like people on here think. They will win the SEC and have a shot at the Final 4, but some ppl on here are acting like they will go undefeated and win the championship, with nobody even coming close. I know the turnovers will go down, especially with Wall playing, but they gave MSU a lot of open 3's.. You do that against an above average team, and they will lose.
runninrebs21 Wrote:No, but do you really expect Bledsoe to score over 20 a game and make shots backwards falling down? I am not saying they will lose to a team like MSU, but they aren't going to walk over every team in the NCAA like people on here think. They will win the SEC and have a shot at the Final 4, but some ppl on here are acting like they will go undefeated and win the championship, with nobody even coming close. I know the turnovers will go down, especially with Wall playing, but they gave MSU a lot of open 3's.. You do that against an above average team, and they will lose.

Bledsoe can score 20 points, He wont average that many turnovers. Are defense was beyond bad beyond the 3 point line. I know were not going to go undefeated, 4-5 losses maybe. But we missed alot of open 3s and shots as well.
Yeah but that is UK's one problem. They are GREAT at driving and scoring, posting up and scoring, mid-range shooting, offensive rebounding, and passing. But they CANNOT consistently make 3's. Dodson, Miller, and someone else needs to become more consistent from outside or everyone is just going to pack in a zone every game. Like I said, they are a very good team and will only get better, but I think UK fans push it a little too far.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yeah but that is UK's one problem. They are GREAT at driving and scoring, posting up and scoring, mid-range shooting, offensive rebounding, and passing. But they CANNOT consistently make 3's. Dodson, Miller, and someone else needs to become more consistent from outside or everyone is just going to pack in a zone every game. Like I said, they are a very good team and will only get better, but I think UK fans push it a little too far.

Were uk fans thats what we do. Miller is playing against himself out there. he needs to keep shooting. dodson can shoot very well. maybe bring in hood let him get a few 3s in.
I agree, Miller needs to shoot. Dodson can shoot great, but he takes a lot of bad shots.. Hood is overrated, I don't see him getting much playing time this year.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I agree, Miller needs to shoot. Dodson can shoot great, but he takes a lot of bad shots.. Hood is overrated, I don't see him getting much playing time this year.

Hood wont get much playing time, It looks that way as of now. I wish cousins wasnt in foul trouble the whole game. He plays strong and is going to be great for us.
Well, Im not a Cat fan, but if you have wall in that game, you add 20 pts to the final score on KYs side........That kid (wall) is the REAL DEAL, and its great to see UK, back on top ,it's great for college Basketball !!!!!!
i dont see no ville posts
I expected atleast a 30 point win
king360 Wrote:I expected atleast a 30 point win

i really didn't without walll and first game. MSU isn't no slouch either they have a couple of good players. i figured anywhere from 15-20 would be a good win for uk. didn't expect that many TO's though 27 WAY too many
Morehead returned 4 starters from a team that made it to the second round of last years tourney. They might be a d- ii team but. They have some d-1 transfers. Which means they aren't too bad. Not bad for the first season game without Wall. I'll take it cause I kkow they r only going to get better
It was theVILLE's cohort who ended up manning up and taking the bet...Ville instead tried to only bet if UK won by less than 20 points(despite predicting MSU by 7).. I even went as low as to give him UK +8 and he wouldnt take it.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Morehead returned 4 starters from a team that made it to the second round of last years tourney. They might be a d- ii team but. They have some d-1 transfers. Which means they aren't too bad. Not bad for the first season game without Wall. I'll take it cause I know they r only going to get better

Morehead plays basketball in the Ohio Vally conference, they are division 1, in all sports other than football !!!!!
I watched a young but great teams last night. The turnovers just show a lack of experience. IMO as the season goes on we will have fewer and fewer of these mistakes. I think we will be a well oiled machine by the time UNC and especially loserville roll into town.
It feels so good to be a UK fan right now. Now, I saw two things last night. One being the early season turnovers, and our team still getting the feel of things. Two, I saw flashes of excellence. Bledsoe is good, 24 points, 2 blks, 7 rebounds, 4 assist, we would still be a great team if we only had him. Can you imagine, Wall & Bledsoe together....Ouch. Patterson is still the beast we know. He had a double double last night, and was the PPAT we know. Darnell Dodson, is gonna be a good player for us as well. He is a little inconsistent at times, but if u dont guard him, he will score. He had 15 points. Cat fans, lets be happy about where we are right now. Its early, and we are gonna take some thumpings early this season, but come March, this team will be the one u pray to god on selection sunday that u dont play.
I know Bledsoes shot was the play of the game, but has anyone noticed how crazy some of Dodsons shots are? One of his shots looked like it hit the top of the backboard and still went in.
Pages: 1 2