Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: You Might Be A UK Fan IF....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...Your family tree does not fork...

...You walk you child to school because you are both in the same grade...

...Your two year old has more teeth than you do...

...The last Final Four you remember was "Glory Road."

...You name your newborn son "Joker"...

...The only WV natives you are familier with are Patrick Patterson, Jarrod Prickett, and dangerousdaneerfan...
What about Adam Williams?
Trying to bother us a little bit?

All I can say is Im so glad that they finally have electricity over there in WV. I mean it had to be aggervating keeping yourself entertained with your sister.
1, 2, and 3: Jeff Foxworthy called and wants his jokes back so he can take them back to 1990 with him... but then he said he doesn't blame you... they just got cable tv and the internet two years ago, so it is all new to them.

4: When was WV's last Final 4? You do realize Jerry West isn't playing in the NBA anymore don't you?

5: That's ironic because three years ago a statistical study showed 85% of newborn male babies in WV were named "Rich Rod _____ (insert last name)". That same study came along last year and found that of those children... 50% had seen their parents legally change their name to "Noel Devine _______ (insert last name)", 30% remained the same with the parents praying that "he will come back home one day", and the other 20% were given up for adoption with the parents saying "the memories are too hard to bear".

6: No offense but with exception of dangerousdan, those are only WV natives worth knowing Big Grin
If my last young'un would have been a boy his middle name was going to be RUPP and that is no joke
How about you're a UK fan if...you are the most baised person on the website.
how about you might be a UK fan if you didnt give up on them after they lost to Gardner Webb
king360 Wrote:How about you're a UK fan if...you are the most baised person on the website.

You obviously haven't ever read one of the theVille's posts....
Lol lol lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1, 2, and 3: Jeff Foxworthy called and wants his jokes back so he can take them back to 1990 with him... but then he said he doesn't blame you... they just got cable tv and the internet two years ago, so it is all new to them.

4: When was WV's last Final 4? You do realize Jerry West isn't playing in the NBA anymore don't you?

5: That's ironic because three years ago a statistical study showed 85% of newborn male babies in WV were named "Rich Rod _____ (insert last name)". That same study came along last year and found that of those children... 50% had seen their parents legally change their name to "Noel Devine _______ (insert last name)", 30% remained the same with the parents praying that "he will come back home one day", and the other 20% were given up for adoption with the parents saying "the memories are too hard to bear".

6: No offense but with exception of dangerousdan, those are only WV natives worth knowing Big Grin

:Clap::Thumbs::biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You obviously haven't ever read one of the theVille's posts....

theVille is "Special" if you are following me on this one.. :lmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You obviously haven't ever read one of the theVille's posts....

I have..and i used to be a Cardinal fan myself until coach Cal came along and he has changed my college basketball world completely, but UK could be playing the Lakers and some UK fans on here would say UK has a shot or they would win.
king360 Wrote:I have..and i used to be a Cardinal fan myself until coach Cal came along and he has changed my college basketball world completely, but UK could be playing the Lakers and some UK fans on here would say UK has a shot or they would win.

HAHA I can honestly say you are probably right... these are the same though, that had the game been played and UK lost would pronounce it is the end of the world.

Don't lump everyone into the same category over a select few.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1, 2, and 3: Jeff Foxworthy called and wants his jokes back so he can take them back to 1990 with him... but then he said he doesn't blame you... they just got cable tv and the internet two years ago, so it is all new to them.

:thatsfunn:Thumbs:
If you are in church and your priest or minister asks you to pray for the Wildcats, and wants to get you all home for 7 p.m. Tip-off, you might live in Kentucky.

True Blue BABY
Lol
You might be a Mountaineer Fan if:

1. Every time they stop the school bus you are riding, they try to underpin it.

2. You introduce your sister and wife to your best friend and there is only one woman standing there.

3. You realize the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia, because if it had been invented in Kentucky, it would be called a teethbrush.

4. You haven't won anything meaningful ever.

5. You realize that they call it "Almost Heaven, West Virginia", because it's right next to Kentucky.

6. You realize P Pat and the rest of the 'Cats beat your butt last year.

7. You about lost all your WVU linemen in a truck wreck in the New River.....They couldn't get the tailgate down.

8. You really believe Bill Stewart is the long-term answer at head coach and don't laugh.
bucslover68 Wrote:You might be a Mountaineer Fan if:

2. You introduce your sister and wife to your best friend and there is only one woman standing there.

3. You realize the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia, because if it had been invented in Kentucky, it would be called a teethbrush.

5. You realize that they call it "Almost Heaven, West Virginia", because it's right next to Kentucky.

7. You about lost all your WVU linemen in a truck wreck in the New River.....They couldn't get the tailgate down.

8. You really believe Bill Stewart is the long-term answer at head coach and don't laugh.

Seriously, my father is a pastor, who ironically enough lives in Williamson, WVA. now. In 1992, the Sunday after Duke beat UK, he began his sermon with this quote, "Isn't it ironic that in a state where basketball is a religion, UK got beat by a man named Christian". In 1998, when UK exorcised the "Demons" and went to the Final Four, I called him a little bit after 7pm and his church members were all huddled around the radio listening to the end of the game before starting church......GO 'CATS.
bucslover68 Wrote:Seriously, my father is a pastor, who ironically enough lives in Williamson, WVA. now. In 1992, the Sunday after Duke beat UK, he began his sermon with this quote, "Isn't it ironic that in a state where basketball is a religion, UK got beat by a man named Christian". In 1998, when UK exorcised the "Demons" and went to the Final Four, I called him a little bit after 7pm and his church members were all huddled around the radio listening to the end of the game before starting church......GO 'CATS.

Wow, Why bring the 92 game up. Im going to bed.!
bucslover68 Wrote:You might be a Mountaineer Fan if:

Funny stuff :lmao::1:
Ha Ha i have family from west virginia i will have to tell them that one
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wow, Why bring the 92 game up. Im going to bed.!

It still hurts, even though we won in '98. I think I'm going to bed too.:yawn:
CatDawg Wrote:What about Adam Williams?

He was so good for UK that Tubby released him from his scholly so he could play at Marshall. He could not even start for the lowly Herd.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:He was so good for UK that Tubby released him from his scholly so he could play at Marshall. He could not even start for the lowly Herd.

He came from your state. How would making a statement like that offend any of us?

Actually, how would saying the only West Virginia natives we are familiar with are Patrick Patterson and Jarred Prickett offend us Kentuckians?

theVILLE has given you the kool-aid. :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:He came from your state. How would making a statement like that offend any of us?

Actually, how would saying the only West Virginia natives we are familiar with are Patrick Patterson and Jarred Prickett offend us Kentuckians?

theVILLE has given you the kool-aid. :biggrin:

:Clap: Lol, YOu have gone to the dark side.
Dangerousdan went to the dark side when he started the thread about UK not having beaten Auburn in football in 43 years. :biggrin:

At least theVILLE gives UK a little respect in football. But basketball, totally different story. Wink
the 92 game brings tears to my eyes
king360 Wrote:I have..and i used to be a Cardinal fan myself until coach Cal came along and he has changed my college basketball world completely, but UK could be playing the Lakers and some UK fans on here would say UK has a shot or they would win.

If you were a Cardinals fan, and then changed only when coach Cal came along then you need to back over to the other side cause we dont need no bandwagon jumpers!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:If you were a Cardinals fan, and then changed only when coach Cal came along then you need to back over to the other side cause we dont need no bandwagon jumpers!

Agreed. YOu cant do that crap.
this is funny stuff
Pages: 1 2