Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rosters for KMSFA East v/s West All-Star Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone is invited to come watch the BEST 8th grade football players in the state compete against one another in the 1st Annual Kentucky Middle School Football Association East v/s West All-Star Game. The game will be held on Sunday, November 29th, 2009 at Kentucky State University in Frankfort. Kickoff is set for 2:00PM.

The rosters are as follows -

East Team -

East Offense

Zach Durham K Elkhorn
Corey Muse OC Morgan
Luke Johnson OC Verity
Jackson Odaniel OG Frankfort
Anthony Walle OG Frankfort
Jonathan Crouch OG Morgan *
Garrett Martin OG Rowan *
Jacob Gilbert OG Verity
Jarred Cubert OT Anderson *
Anthony Jenkins TE Cumberland
Jared Lake OT Rockcastle
Jacob Perry OT Rowan
Austin Chapman QB Gallatin *
Lawson Paige QB Shelby West *
Treyvon Long RB Cumberland
Chris Roberts RB Elkhorn
Kody Thornsberry RB Morgan *
Keonte Moore RB Rowan
Deandre Farris RB Shelby West
Josh Mesmer TE Lex Catholic
Ross Cox WR Anderson *
Scott Bailey WR Cumberland *
Brady Lawrence WR Gallatin
Nate McCoy WR Gallatin
Robbie Williams WR Knox Co.
David Bouvier WR Lex Catholic
* All State Selection

East Defense

Blake Rutherford CB Cumberland *
Dre Scott CB Frankfort
Rollin Green CB Frankfort
Cameron Pinnell CB Summitt View
Taylor Henley DE Lex Catholic
Zach Wilson DE Shelby West
Crockett Cosby DL Anderson *
Alex Prado DL Elkhorn
Kyle Billiter DL Summitt View
Tyler Hatfield DT Knox Co.
Dakota Doolin DT Knox Co.
Tristan Ashburn LB Anderson
Nick Brown LB Cumberland
Austin Arnett LB Morgan *
Mac Boggs LB Raceland
Jacob Bussell LB Rockcastle
Kairon Snowden MLB Lex Catholic
McKinley Stonewall NG Frankfort
Zach Litteral NG Raceland
Noah Mitchell OLB/SS Lex Catholic *
Curtis Flynn S Gallatin
Brennan Bishop SS Gallatin
Tanner Harrod SS/S Elkhorn
Tyler Thacker DB Rowan
* All State Selection

West Team -

West Defense

Nacarous Fant CB B. Green
Cai Jackson CB Corbin *
Trenton Bryant CB Spencer
Lincoln Quick DE B. Green *
Ben Jones DE Bloomfield
Harrison Boswell DE Bluegrass
Zach McIntire DL Bloomfield *
Richard Russell DL Edmondson
Caleb Clubb DL Edmondson
Alex McGuffey DL Meece
Ben Furlong DT Glasgow
Corey Peterson DT Lone Oak
Devor Patterson DT Russellville
Tyler Jopes LB B. Green
Khalil Fraizier LB Bluegrass
Robert Pruitt LB Calloway
Chris Middleton LB Corbin *
Ben Gosser LB Corbin
Bryson Jones LB Meece
Jacob Pike LB TK Stone
Warren Jones LB Trigg
Patrick Anderson SS Bluegrass
Cole Owsley SS Lone Oak
Christian Naylor SS Russellville
Micheal Fowler SS Spencer
* All State Selection

West Offense

Jake Mills OC B. Green *
Blue Tisdale WR B. Green
Jacob Hood RB Bloomfield
Austin Laing TE Bluegrass *
E J Rahoi WR Bluegrass
Donovan Barnard OG Calloway
Marcus Manning OT Calloway
Zach Powell RB Calloway
Zach Henson OT Corbin
Derrick Woolum RB Corbin
Margues Trigg RB Glasgow
Milas Norris TE Glasgow
Kagan Skidmore OT Meece *
Tanner Gadberry QB Meece
Will Lainge WR Meece *
Jordan Taylor OG Russellville
Demarcus Hampton RB Russellville
Mason Morgan OT S. Pulaski
Devin Griffith RB S. Pulaski
Tyler Eldridge OG Spencer
Cody Nevitt TE Spencer
Mike White K Trigg
Aaron Stevens OC Trigg *
Luke McKenzie QB Trigg
Quinten Byrd WR Trigg
* All State Selection
Here are the Coaches for the game also -

East West All Star Coaching Staffs

West
Joel Taylor (Bowling Green) - QB/ Head Coach
Jason Lemily (Henry Moss) - RB
Dwight Holder (Bowling Green) - WR
Doug Lehring (Bowling Green) - OL
JP Wilson (Bowling Green) - Special Teams
Robert Lightning (Bowling Green) - DB
Ron Huner (Bowling Green) - LB
Dan Davis (Bowling Green) - DL

East
Tommy Bishop (Gallatin County) - Head Coach
Chris Glass (Anderson County) - QB
Shawn Black (Anderson County) - RB
Lenny O’Connor (Gallatin County) - WR
Adam Lantman (Summitt View) - OL
Robbie Mann (Gallatin County) - LB
Cedric Ponds (Frankfort) - DL
Brian Holloman (Anderson County) - DB
I cant wait to watch this, should be a very good game with some of the state's top athletes on the field. I was just wondering though why did Corbin and Meece end up on the West team? I noticed Knox Co. is on the East team and Half of Corbin is located in Knox Co. Not complaining about this alignment just interested in why it was like this, if it had something to do on what side of the brackets you were on or what. Glad to see Corbin will get to matchup against some of those Knox boys that wanted a matchup with them.
Congrats to all teams who made the selection.
Good luck to all
Is it going to be live on wazoo?
Good questions here. Glad to hear folks are excited.

First of all, the West team is made up of teams in Regions 1 & 2. The East is Regions 3 & 4. I know it is a little hard to believe, but the line between Region 2 and 3 run right down to Whitley County. Corbin is in Region 2. My school (Spencer County) which is up by Louisville is right along the dividing line (Spencer County is West, Anderson and Shelby Counties are East). Crazy, I know, but that is where the dividing lines were drawn 2 years ago!

As for Wazoo, they were very interested, however they had a commitment at Morehead State that day (I believe)? We kind of thought it may be for the best since this will be our first time pulling this one off. They swore to work it out for next year so that all of the KMSFA events are televised.

The game is at Kentucky State University. If you all are interested in hotel rooms at a discounted rate, we can work on getting that for you all. Come, spend the night, be there for the game the next day. Ought to make for a fun Thanksgiving weekend!
Now that we have the players, the coaches, the date/time and place,

1. What will the cost be to get into the game?
2. How will we make reservations for the hotel there at the discounted price for the parents of the players?
3. Will the boys go on any type of trip (tour) outside of football while there, the Capital etc.?

KYMSFA Staff, you are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work - Rome wasn't built overnight, neither was the Eiffel Tower. (Glitches in cell phones, but people still use them). Good Work, I hope they come together and get this for all middle school sports.

Congratulations to all players who made the all star team, lets go out there on Sunday and have fun.

To all KYMSFA teams that has competed - congratulations on finishing out the year. For the players who did not make the all-star team, you all are all-stars in my eyes.
To answer your questions -

1. I am not 100% sure? I believe it was $7 to attend the state championship games? We discussed this, but to be honest I forgot if we were just going to leave it at that.

I will say that this is another one of those "no budget" items for us. We are literally taking any money made and moving it to cover expenses (refs, medals, clothing, etc.). The ticket sales and tshirt sales are the best way for us to recoup the money spent to put this thing on. We certainly appreciate everyone understanding that!

2. We are in neogtiations with another hotel in Frankfort. May know something today on the possible accomodations.

3. The players will be taken on a tour of Frankfort on Saturday. One team will compete in a combine while the other takes the trip. Then those teams will switch and the first team will go on the tour and the other will compete in the combine.

They will also get a tour of Kentucky State University on Sunday and get to speak with the coaching staff of KSU.
Awesome!!! Great job KYMSFA!!
What a great job. I know my son is excited to participate, and it sounds like a great weekend for the boys!
Great job, this thing will be bigger every year.
WOW !!! This sounds like a great event, ( We're going to have to make some adjustments to our conf. BSVC to allow our atheletes to compete in this great event .... ) Good luck to all the young people participating ........
Just wondering what Association the officials are coming from. Keep up the good work.
I think the officials are coming from a crew that has state playoff experience in high school or state championship game experience from what i heard... not know the facts, but that is the plan from what i understand
What day is this all star game? If wazoo isn't going to do it live, will they play it in syndication?
#21 the mlb for lex cath is the best at lex cath by far that #8 kid is over rated and gets all those all state awards for nothn
Some photos of the selections. If someone has the numbers for the Morgan County and LO I could add some more for those schools.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/alb...albumid=31
I agree wth the east and west teams should be a great game. How about FBU anyone know much on how this is done.
Newspaper article in this week's Spencer Magnet on the 4 players from Spencer County Middle School who are playing in the East/West All-State Classic -

http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?028+...3028028001