Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #5 Cincinnati 47 - Connecticut 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Bearcats put up over 700 yards of offense and lead by 20 at halftime. Second string QB, Zack Collaros has 470 yards passing and 70 yards rushing.

With all that UConn has gone through, my hats off to this team. They have lost 5 games by a total of 15 points. This is an extremely good team and a team that shows no lack of fight.

Fun game to watch.
What will they do when Pike is healthy? As for UCONN they just can't get those close wins. I think this is three straight weeks they've had a shot at the end and just can't pull it out.
Pike was healthy tonight. He was given clearance last week. I think it's obvious, this is Collaros team. Did you see the very end of the telecast when the TV camera was trailing Collaros off the field and a Bearcat player ran up behind him and brushed off the name on the back of Collaros jersey turned and pointed at Collaros and gave the "#1" sign to the Camelra. Looks like the players believe he's the guy.
Stardust Wrote:The Bearcats put up over 700 yards of offense and lead by 20 at halftime. Second string QB, Zack Collaros has 470 yards passing and 70 yards rushing.

With all that UConn has gone through, my hats off to this team. They have lost 5 games by a total of 15 points. This is an extremely good team and a team that shows no lack of fight.

Fun game to watch.

Stardust, I can just imagine what Cincy will do to our defense. Cincy will hang 40 on us for sure. For me, I would rather go through a root canal than to watch Zach and Crew carve up WVU like a Thanksgiving turkey.:igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:Pike was healthy tonight. He was given clearance last week. I think it's obvious, this is Collaros team. Did you see the very end of the telecast when the TV camera was trailing Collaros off the field and a Bearcat player ran up behind him and brushed off the name on the back of Collaros jersey turned and pointed at Collaros and gave the "#1" sign to the Camelra. Looks like the players believe he's the guy.
I didn't see that, and I thought Pike was only 80% or something. I was just going off the comment about Pike playing against WVU, I didn't realize he was ready at this time. I hate for someone to lose their position due to an injury but at the same instance how could you pull Collaros now?
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Stardust, I can just imagine what Cincy will do to our defense. Cincy will hang 40 on us for sure. For me, I would rather go through a root canal than to watch Zach and Crew carve up WVU like a Thanksgiving turkey.:igiveup:

lol, I'm not looking past it. WVU will want this game bad. Nothing better than righting your season by knocking off a top 5 team. I hope the Cats do score 40, but my fear is they don't give up 41.....:biggrin:
CatDawg Wrote:I didn't see that, and I thought Pike was only 80% or something. I was just going off the comment about Pike playing against WVU, I didn't realize he was ready at this time. I hate for someone to lose their position due to an injury but at the same instance how could you pull Collaros now?

I agree with you 100%. At the end of the game, Kelly was interviewed and asked about Collaros, and he made that exact comment - "how do you pull Collaros". Zack does not has as pretty of a ball as Tony (hard to argue about 470 yards tonight and 300+ in each of his two other starts), but the biggest thing about Zack is his running and decision making abilities. This kid is one of the smartest football players I have seen in along time. Catch the highlights of the game and you should see two incredibly intelligent plays where he threw the ball away (the FG attempt at the end of the half was maybe the most perceptive play I have ever seen).
I watched most of it and he looked great I just missed everything after the final horn.
Kid is tough as nails to. Defintely not intimidated by the atmosphere. I was hoping that the Cats would have maintained the big lead that they had at halftime. I was hopeful to see Tony come in and get a few reps.
Too bad. I wanted UConn to win.
great game