Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Navy 23 Notre Dame 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Notre Dame's Super Bowl hopes slightly damaged today as Navy wins..not to worry though, at 6-3 they are sitting pretty for a National Championship bid against Ohio State.:devilflam
Yea lou Holtz is already making excuses for them. He needs to be put out to pasture. He was trying to say something about Navy being a very good team or something and Mark May cut him off saying that Navy doesn't get nowhere near the recruits that Notre Dame gets and that this was a game ND should always win....lol
I hate Lou Holtz.
I love to see Notre Dame lose because they like USC they are praised and are supposed to go undefeated every year and that includes ohio state so to see them lose to Navy thats funny I hope they go to a really good bowl and get BLOWN OUT gos for the buckeyes and the trojans
Obviously Notre Dame's lack of good players had to be the difference because we all know Charlie Weiss is as good as it gets as a head coach :eyeroll:
I love it!!!
I think you will see a new coach for the Fighting Irish next year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Obviously Notre Dame's lack of good players had to be the difference because we all know Charlie Weiss is as good as it gets as a head coach :eyeroll:

I hate Notre Dame, and I am the biggest lover of seeing the Irsih lose. But PLEASE don't fire Charlie Weiss, he is the best thing going for me......Confusedhh:
Prediction here....Urban Meyer will be the next coach of Notre Dame next season.
^ OMG, I hope. Because all the ND media has put Brian Kelly as the #1 candidate, ahead of Meyer should Charlie leave. Rumors that Charlie is interested in going back to the NFL.
Stardust Wrote:^ OMG, I hope. Because all the ND media has put Brian Kelly as the #1 candidate, ahead of Meyer should Charlie leave. Rumors that Charlie is interested in going back to the NFL.
Well Meyer said ND is his dream job but turned them down last year I believe..but with Tebow leaving, I see ND throwing an insane offer at him, ESPECIALLY if he wins the national championship this year..it will be an offer he wont be able to turn down..

and I would love to see Charlie Weis take the Florida job Big Grin
Brian Kely will be the next coach of Michigan. Wait and see....

Personally I think Meyer would be a fool to leave Florida for Notre Dame.
Rodriguez is not going anywhere for a while. The Michigan faithful have been patient and he has at least 2 more years to prove himself.

Ever since the scuttle of Weis going back to the NFL (which started before the season), Kelly has topped the list (even over Meyer) as the guy that ND boosters will press the Athletic department to go after. The Boosters have already began making negative comments about the offense of the Irish, which has prompted Charlie to become more active in all facets of the Irish O. That tells me, the Boosters are just about at the end of the rope with good ole Charlie.

As for me, I hope not. Kelly could never make the money at UC that he can someplace else, but he can compete for a National title game every year. Note, I did not say title, I said game. UC has one of the richest recruiting homes in the country. He also has an excellent reputation down south. He can bring in the players that can keep UC at the top of the Big East every year. UC can have a chance to go undefeated every year. With the other power conferences being so strong, they will always knock each other out of contention, just like what will happen in the SEC this year. UC could find themselves backing into a title game, which means more money for the school, which means more money for Kelly. Who knows, but I hope big Charlie stays at ND, just to keep Kelly around for a few more years.....
Stardust Wrote:Rodriguez is not going anywhere for a while. The Michigan faithful have been patient and he has at least 2 more years to prove himself.

Not what I have been hearing on different forums. The Alumni and booster of Michigan may give him next season. If he doesn't produce Rich Rod is gone. Kelly is at the top of their short list.
Not sure of the forums, but the info that I am hearing is certainly different in this area.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Not what I have been hearing on different forums. The Alumni and booster of Michigan may give him next season. If he doesn't produce Rich Rod is gone. Kelly is at the top of their short list.
Im not sure the players like Rich Rod either..He's going to a mediocre bowl this season after goin 3-9 last year...if he dont win 10 next year I would bet he's out..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im not sure the players like Rich Rod either..He's going to a mediocre bowl this season after goin 3-9 last year...if he dont win 10 next year I would bet he's out..
Next year he will have his players that he has brought in and his system should be well in place. If he doesn't win he will be fired.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Next year he will have his players that he has brought in and his system should be well in place. If he doesn't win he will be fired.
So...it COULD look like this, lol..
Kelly at Michigan.
Meyer at Notre Dame.
Rich Rod at Cincy.
and Charlie Weis at Florida.

We can dream..my how I would love to see Florida slump to a 6-6 program every year..and Charlie Weis is the right man for that job! And I threw Rich Rod in at Cincy too..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:So...it COULD look like this, lol..
Kelly at Michigan.
Meyer at Notre Dame.
Rich Rod at Cincy.

We can dream..my how I would love to see Florida slump to a 6-6 program every year..and Charlie Weis is the right man for that job!
You might be half right. Rich Rod and Weis I dont see.
Meyer might leave Florida. I don't think he will but ya never know. I really think Kelly will take over at Mich. after next year if they don't get better. Well that's if he doesn't take the Notre Dame job which will be open after this season.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:So...it COULD look like this, lol..
Kelly at Michigan.
Meyer at Notre Dame.
Rich Rod at Cincy.

We can dream..my how I would love to see Florida slump to a 6-6 program every year..and Charlie Weis is the right man for that job! And I threw Rich Rod in at Cincy too..

Tongueuke:
Stardust Wrote:Tongueuke:
LOL!! Sorry SD..Im messin with you..who would take over at Cincy if Kelly left??
Prolly someone within their system. Or an unknown coach.
Mike Elston (who coached powerhouse Colerain HS). He was brought in just for this reason. Elston was actually being pressed heavy for the job before Kelly, but Elston stuck with Colerain in hopes of getting that mythical National Championship. He has been pressed heavy over the past few years about other D1 jobs, but Cincy is home due to some family needs. He is an excellent recruiter, and though Kelly is the leader of this team, Elston is the mastermind of this offense.
Why would you leave a great recruiting school, the sun the beaches, and the girls in florida to go to cold nasty south bend that is losing all there recruits to places like florida, USC, Texas, thats why michigan is on the down fall too all young men care about any more is the warmest place to play and beautiful girls

Stay in Florida urban
Another thing too, if Urban DOES leave Florida to take the Notre Dame job, that would open the doors for Brian Kelly at Florida??? That would actually be a really good fit for him down there..
Urban Meyer is smart he has got one of the most coveted football coaching jobs great weather, great recruiting and a big time SEC school with lots of tradition, money and ties If he retires at Florida they will put a statue of him at the corridor on the way in to the stadium
Stardust Wrote:Mike Elston (who coached powerhouse Colerain HS). He was brought in just for this reason. Elston was actually being pressed heavy for the job before Kelly, but Elston stuck with Colerain in hopes of getting that mythical National Championship. He has been pressed heavy over the past few years about other D1 jobs, but Cincy is home due to some family needs. He is an excellent recruiter, and though Kelly is the leader of this team, Elston is the mastermind of this offense.

Do you have the right guy? Elston came from Central Michigan with Kelly. He is there special teams and defensive line coach. Most of his coaching has been on the defensive side of the ball so he has little to no impact on the offense. He was the TE coach last year and he is the assistant head coach. Which honestly does not mean much considering how they name their staff.

Kerry Combs is the guy from Colerain. He also has the title of assistant head coach and is the DB coach.

Jeff Quinn is the OC and OL coach. He has been with Kelly for a long time. He is also the only OC I have ever watched that I never saw call a play.
Go navy!
rich rod aint going nowhere,his system will take effect next year,he has to have the athletes to reach the goal,1-2 years he will own the big ten..... and charlie weiss,,,,,unless your teaching a seminar on how to assault a buffet bar or put an iconic program in reverse hes gone,and yes i would love to see him at florida or tennesse,that would give ky a chance every year.
Notre Dame associate head coach Corwin Brown criticized Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo for his postgame comments about the Irish defensive game plan and for the way the way his team uses what Brown called "malicious" illegal cut blocks.
Yeah ND DC's comments were a bunch of crap. Cut blocking is legal. Are there some that end up being illegal? Sure but you can say that about any block. He is just mad because Navy has kicked his tail end 2 out of 3 years.
Pages: 1 2