Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 37 EKU 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Kentucky played very poorly but managed too pull out the win. All I have to say is Cobb should have played! Johnson goes out with a strained MCL and everyone jumps all over him saying hes not a team player but Cobb stubs a thumb and sits out an entire game!
What this make 5 wins so far? Need a win at Vandy or a losing season could happen.
We should get Vandy and finish a poor 6-6. We had every chance to finish 8-4 but gave away the SC game and Miss ST game. Why? Because we suck.
We are a basketball school just like Florida is a football school and that's how it will always be.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:We are a basketball school just like Florida is a football school and that's how it will always be.
Explain that to me since Florida has won two NCAA basketball championships this decade and two football championships.... We are a basketball school or they are a football school is stupid. We are a D1 program in the best conference in America but yet we can't compete in one of it's sports. There is no excuse for that.
I heard on the radio that locke was out and another back i think and something about Cobb crying over a thumb maybe he bit it while he was sucking on it but somebody said we had like 250 yards on the ground thats nice too see and great win GO CATS
Amun-Ra Wrote:Explain that to me since Florida has won two NCAA basketball championships this decade and two football championships.... We are a basketball school or they are a football school is stupid. We are a D1 program in the best conference in America but yet we can't compete in one of it's sports. There is no excuse for that.
They havn't done nothing since and they only recently won those titles. With cal at Kentucky now Kentucky will continue to beat Florida Basketball. Just like Florida will continue to beat Kentucky football.

Go over to catspause.com and get their opinions i'm sure most of them would have the same opinion as me. To Be a true basketball school you need great resume like Kentucky. Just because Florida won 2 doesn't mean squat they might not get back for another 30 years or so to the finals. When Florida gains the kind of resume Kentucky basketball has then they might be a basketball school as well as a football. It pretty obvious what they care most about at Florida with the huge football stadium and small place to play basketball Or for that matter go to gatorbait.net they would probably say the same thing I said.

Now don't get me wrong they have a good program at florida but they are not what most people call a true basketball school. I've always heard them referenced to as a football school since I was old enough to know what sports are.
Kentucky didn't look very good today. But the defense kept the EKU offense in-check all game. Morgan Newton did a very nice job today running the offense with his precision passes. Smith & Allen did a good job running the ball as the line opened up some pretty big holes against an undermanned EKU defensive-line. It was also nice to see Lindley back out there getting some reps.
GOREDDEVILS but Florida does compete every year in basketball and they will continue to do so. It doesn't matter they never had anything till late. The fact is they do now. Florida is a legit competitor in both sports. Now tell me why UK can't do the same with their football team.
Amun-Ra Wrote:GOREDDEVILS but Florida does compete every year in basketball and they will continue to do so. It doesn't matter they never had anything till late. The fact is they do now. Florida is a legit competitor in both sports. Now tell me why UK can't do the same with their football team.

The compete but they don't win and with this talent UK has now they will be lucky to stay within 15 of UK every year. They have not been a legit contender in a few years in basketball ever since the class of noah and all them other guys left.

Why because UK GETS 3 star guys and Florida gets a team full of 5 stars in football just like Kentucky has better recruiting classes in basketball.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Explain that to me since Florida has won two NCAA basketball championships this decade and two football championships.... We are a basketball school or they are a football school is stupid. We are a D1 program in the best conference in America but yet we can't compete in one of it's sports. There is no excuse for that.

I agree, there is no reason why we can't be a Football school. That argument is just plain bad. Florida is an obvious example of that. Why can't we be both. Cincinnati, Florida, Texas, and the list goes on and on of schools that put as much emphasis in both sports. We should be able to compete in football and the FANS should expect it! I am not happy just waiting for November every year for Basketball, I want my November to be exciting because my team is competing in Football as well!
Stardust Wrote:I agree, there is no reason why we can't be a Football school. That argument is just plain bad. Florida is an obvious example of that. Why can't we be both. Cincinnati, Florida, Texas, and the list goes on and on of schools that put as much emphasis in both sports. We should be able to compete in football and the FANS should expect it! I am not happy just waiting for November every year for Basketball, I want my November to be exciting because my team is competing in Football as well!

:Thumbs:
Kentucky has everything its going to take to become a football school, except for tradition.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky has everything its going to take to become a football school, except for tradition.
exactly and that tradition is what keeps bringing these 5 star guys to Florida football.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:exactly and that tradition is what keeps bringing these 5 star guys to Florida football.
Five star guys dont always mean success. Notre Dame and Michigan are good examples.

Now take a look Cincy. You think their roster is loaded with 5 star athletes? No it isn't but they are winning.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Five star guys dont always mean success. Notre Dame and Michigan are good examples.

Now take a look Cincy. You think their roster is loaded with 5 star athletes? No it isn't but they are winning.

Cincinnati also is host to like 5 of the top 100 high school football schools in the country.

Wish UK would try and recruit that area.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Five star guys dont always mean success. Notre Dame and Michigan are good examples.

Florida would smack cincy in the mouth and it wouldn't even be close. 9 times out of 10 a team full of 5 stars is going to make easy work of a team full of 3 stars. These guys don't just get rated 5 stars for nothing they're game changers.
Kentucky is almost to the point where they will go 9-3 or 8-4 every year we will never have the talent to go undefeated in the SEC every year because to even make it to the SEC championship game you have to be undefeated or have 1 loss and that's really hard to do in the best conference in the country
Kentucky Football: The tradition of Temple and the arrogance of Notre Dame.
congrats to the cats,now get vandy