Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Crawford is Back....It's Official !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He is re-joining the team. This was decided in after a meeting with Tubby today at the University. I look foward to getting him back on the team, and hope that he will be happy and earn his playing time. I really hope the fans at Rupp will not boo him too much on Jan.22nd when UK hosts LSU.

Welcome back Joe the Wildcat !!!
Shew....he has missed a lot of PT in the last 2 games
Glad he will be back. Great news. Hope he stays longer than just the end of the year.
I am glad to see Joe back on the team. From all the indications the team loved him and hated to see him go. I don't think he will transfer after this year either. I don't think Tubby would have teakne him back if he really thought that. Should be interesting to see how the Rupp crowd greets him.
I think everyone will accept him but they will watch him with caution.

Notice the other location hasn't had anything about this yet.
I hope Joe realizes what a stupid thing he did. I forgive him ans I am sure his teammates and coaches have as well. I really hope the Rupp crowd will be a little easy on him when he suits up next time.
This is a good thing for UK.
"Hip-hop Box" Wrote:This is a good thing for UK.

Yeah, He is just a kid. I think he was pressured by his parents alot too. So, I cant totally blame him 100 %
Im glad hes back
I am glad Joe is coming back. He was THE talk of campus last week, and almost everyone I talked to was upset he was leaving. Further, it is guaranteed that he will have to play good the rest of the year. I know that a lot of people have been questioning whether he will stay after this season, but remember this. He already has many questions with other teams, so he is forced to play well if he has any notion of transferring. I don't know of many D-I schools that will want a player who quit in the middle of the season, came back, and didn't even play as well as he should have, especially a team coached by Mr. Izzo, if you know what I mean. Just some food for thought.
“I’m glad to be back and I’m ready to give this my all,” Crawford stated. “I’m thankful that Coach Smith has given me a second chance, even though he didn’t have to. That shows me that he’s glad that I’m a part of this team.

“The hardest thing about last week was being away from my teammates because of our bond. Since I’ve been back, they’ve treated me well and welcomed me with open arms. I’m back and I want to finish my college career as a Kentucky Wildcat.”

http://ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&..._well_id=2
I think the fans will boo at first, and if he plays good he shoudl get a warm welcome, next game. But if not then it might not be pretty lol.
Anyone heard what the details Tubby put on his return?
Will he get more PT tho.
I hope that Joe stays at UK. He is a great talent and I really hated to hear the news that he had left. Lets hope that he will stay at UK after the year is up... After all it's the greatest college basketball program in the world
He says that he's going to finish it off at UK, I hope he does, he has been an asset to the team, whether he feels like it or not.
Yeah, He is just a kid. I think he was pressured by his parents alot too. So, I cant totally blame him 100 %[/quote]

Yeah, better listen to the Parents

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:52 pm:

Oops, Quote bar didnt show up. I Quoted Belfry Pride. Not trying to plagiarize.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Anyone heard what the details Tubby put on his return?

I heard on the news last night that Joe WILL suit up against LSU, but no word on PT.
"PHSFAN" Wrote:I don't think he will transfer after this year either. I don't think Tubby would have teakne him back if he really thought that. Should be interesting to see how the Rupp crowd greets him.

I heard yesterday that Tubby had a big talk with Crawford and one of the major focal points of the talk was to make sure that Crawford would NOT be transferring after this season. That is the only way Smith would let him back on the team. So with Crawford's word, we'll see what will happen
Joe saw some playing time in LSU game. Glad to see hime back. He is just a kid and it is hard to go from star of HS team to 2-3 min at UK. Tough on a young kid.
Showtyme how did he do I wasn't able to catch the game.