Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hyping up players; Good or bad??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Peyton Siva... UL fans need to learn that hyping up players so big that all they can do is fail. To high of expectations set on such young players can lead to disappointment. Hype don't win you ball games or make your chances any better. :Thumbs:
From a huge UK fan I will say that UL fans' hype of Siva is nothing compared to what UK fans are saying in regards to their players.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From a huge UK fan I will say that UL fans' hype of Siva is nothing compared to what UK fans are saying in regards to their players.

What do you mean, John Wall really isnt the Messiah? :lmao:
Thats kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, in my opinion. There are some fans of a team who wears blue who have done an awful lot of hyping of freshmen as well. Rightfully so, cause they're obviously talented, but I'm just saying. And for the record, I don't keep up with anything related to Louisville and I've never even heard of Siva.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What do you mean, John Wall really isnt the Messiah? :lmao:

I think he may have created the Messiah.....
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Thats kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, in my opinion. There are some fans of a team who wears blue who have done an awful lot of hyping of freshmen as well. Rightfully so, cause they're obviously talented, but I'm just saying. And for the record, I don't keep up with anything related to Louisville and I've never even heard of Siva.

I agree, I live in an area that hypes the Big East heavily due to UC and I have not heard anything about Siva. I think some may be putting too much into this, because nothing is making the news reels outside of Lousiville or to the too senstive UK fans (which I am a fan, just not a sensitive one :biggrinSmile
Stardust Wrote:I think he may have created the Messiah.....

Oh, thanks for letting me know. This clears things up.
Yes too much hype can hurt a players play and ego just for example RYAN LEAF
I know its football but i am trying to get ready for work and i have no time to set and think about everything
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From a huge UK fan I will say that UL fans' hype of Siva is nothing compared to what UK fans are saying in regards to their players.

You're missing the point. Siva is a 4 star back up PG at UL and is being praised to be the next big thing. John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Daniel Orton are all 5 star players and are top 25 players in the nation and that's why they are recieving hype. 3 of the 4 I mentioned are starters on any team and are starters for UK. I've already heard talk about SIVA tearing it up in the NBA. :argue:
Too much expectations in my opinion.
Stardust Wrote:I agree, I live in an area that hypes the Big East heavily due to UC and I have not heard anything about Siva. I think some may be putting too much into this, because nothing is making the news reels outside of Lousiville or to the too senstive UK fans (which I am a fan, just not a sensitive one :biggrinSmile

One thing is for sure.. I'm sure that this Siva character isn't just a common man, working hard with his hands.. A common man, working hard for the man. Nor is he Amerrrrriiiican Dream. There should be some cowbell in there somewhere, as well.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Yes too much hype can hurt a players play and ego just for example RYAN LEAF

True, too much hype CAN hurt players play and ego just for example...LEBRON JAMES:thatsfunn haha im only kidding...i completely agree, hype is never good...when your on top the only place to go is down:1:
Quote:You're missing the point. Siva is a 4 star back up PG at UL and is being praised to be the next big thing.

I would like to no who started this stupid rumor he will be lucky to even get looked at by the NBA
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I would like to no who started this stupid rumor he will be lucky to even get looked at by the NBA

I'm assuming that you have never been on catspause.com before. That's all UL fans talk about.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I would like to no who started this stupid rumor he will be lucky to even get looked at by the NBA

THIS WAS COPIED AND PASTED STRAIGHT FROM A POST ON LOUISVILLE'S FORUM BY A FAN:

1. Siva will not be a 4 year player. He is way better than I thought. 2 years and he'll go pro IMHO. Great young player. Huge upside.

2. Buckles was the steal of this class. Superb athlete who seems to have a high basketball IQ. I am very impressed with his game. I see him growing into a pro in 3 years.

3. Marra is trying too hard. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. Hard to gauge his game at this point.

4. Van Treese was better than I expected he would be. Needs a lot of coaching however. He's in good hands with Rick Pitino.
i could care less about Louisville basketball that's why i have not heard about this ridiculous rumor but he did have 2 plays on the top ten i just seen on espn this morning (thurs) the crazy block and the reverse dunk of the backboard pass or blown lay up how ever you see it
Wildcats11 Wrote:You're missing the point. Siva is a 4 star back up PG at UL and is being praised to be the next big thing. John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Daniel Orton are all 5 star players and are top 25 players in the nation and that's why they are recieving hype. 3 of the 4 I mentioned are starters on any team and are starters for UK. I've already heard talk about SIVA tearing it up in the NBA. :argue:

Have to agree with this there is a difference in John Wall and Peyton Siva
hyping up a great player is not a bad thing they need pressure in order to deal with pressure. i believe the people who show up big when asked and have every eye in the house is looking at them specifically these are the future great players. everyone knows when john wall steps onto the floor tommorrow every eye in UK basketball will be watching his every step and judging each one. by the way siva is going to be a good player he has great upside pro in 3 though not happening. if everyone remembers bledsoe is 4* also.....
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:i could care less about Louisville basketball that's why i have not heard about this ridiculous rumor but he did have 2 plays on the top ten i just seen on espn this morning (thurs) the crazy block and the reverse dunk of the backboard pass or blown lay up how ever you see it

IMO Eric Bledsoe's block against C'ville was better than Siva's :dontthink but I will say the reverse dunk was pretty nice :popcorn:
i think hyping up a player is super cool cause it gets your adrenaline pumping you play better at the beginning i think
The#23 Wrote:IMO Eric Bledsoe's block against C'ville was better than Siva's :dontthink but I will say the reverse dunk was pretty nice :popcorn:
you alread know that L-ville highlight will be on there before UK wil be with L-ville's butt buddy Pat Forde:ChairHit: still working for espn
I bet Pat Forde is mad because of what he put on there about John Wall didn't go over like he planned. What does the man have against UK?
i dont know really he is just tight with pitino
OK...explain...UK has a whole team om freshman and they hyped them up so much they sre suppose to be top 3 team or something like that...well all they will DO IS FAIL!!! So i see nothing wrong with hyping players...I mean thats all cousins is..
Wildcats11 Wrote:THIS WAS COPIED AND PASTED STRAIGHT FROM A POST ON LOUISVILLE'S FORUM BY A FAN:

1. Siva will not be a 4 year player. He is way better than I thought. 2 years and he'll go pro IMHO. Great young player. Huge upside.

2. Buckles was the steal of this class. Superb athlete who seems to have a high basketball IQ. I am very impressed with his game. I see him growing into a pro in 3 years.

3. Marra is trying too hard. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. Hard to gauge his game at this point.

4. Van Treese was better than I expected he would be. Needs a lot of coaching however. He's in good hands with Rick Pitino.

OK whats is wrong with this...Miller on the other hand..can you honestly say he has not been hype this year....has he scored 10 points..in B/W game and cambelsville....Your team that you are hyping had 23 TO's against cambellsvile
cougarpride08 Wrote:Too much expectations in my opinion.

WOW and undefeated national champions isnt for UK???:thatsfunn
theVILLE Wrote:OK...explain...UK has a whole team om freshman and they hyped them up so much they sre suppose to be top 3 team or something like that...well all they will DO IS FAIL!!! So i see nothing wrong with hyping players...I mean thats all cousins is..
i feel bad for saying this as a UK fan but it is true cousins is one of the laziest players on the floor except when he has the ball. alot of people can't go against hyping kids up cause almost everyone on here does it. like i said earlier i believe it'll make or break a player.
beasy_bo Wrote:i feel bad for saying this as a UK fan but it is true cousins is one of the laziest players on the floor except when he has the ball. alot of people can't go against hyping kids up cause almost everyone on here does it. like i said earlier i believe it'll make or break a player.

Cousins is lazy and probably will not amount to his hype...as a ville fan Samardo samuels was all hype last year...and now he is meeting his expectations though...
theVILLE Wrote:OK whats is wrong with this...Miller on the other hand..can you honestly say he has not been hype this year....has he scored 10 points..in B/W game and cambelsville....Your team that you are hyping had 23 TO's against cambellsvile

The player that you and the rest of the ul fans have been hyping up had 7 turnovers in his first game against georgetown.:eyeroll:
Pages: 1 2