Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK 74 Campbellsville 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cats led 36-11 at the break and cruised. They played hard and hustled, but like a young team, played sloppy in spurts. Campbellsville played very hard the whole game too. Good luck to them this season too. We'll be fine though..
- Eric Bledsoe is a freak of an athlete. His ability to finish is unlike anythign we have seen froma UK PG in quite some time. He also is literally all over the court.

- Darnell Dodson has no problem shooting does he? HAHA He has been the biggest revelation to me in the Blue/White scrimmage and tonight. He is aggressive, crashes the glass, and also pretty tough on defense as well.

- Orton and Cousins looked good. Orton gives great effort and plays aggressively. Cousins just has unbelievable athleticism for a big man.

-PPat seemed to be forcing things tonight and wasn't letting the game come to him. He made alot of great hustle plays only to throw it to Campbellsville, he also had several bad passes and unforced turnovers on offense.

-Lots of mistakes all together actually, and you can tell the team is still trying to figure the offense out and their roles.

- With that said, UK looked 20 points better than UL Big Grin
I agree EKU, Bledsoe plays so hard. He is already a favorite of mine. Uneven performance, but the potential is far from being tapped. I love how hard they play and when they really decide to go to the glass, they are really tough to get around for a rebound.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:- Eric Bledsoe is a freak of an athlete. His ability to finish is unlike anythign we have seen froma UK PG in quite some time. He also is literally all over the court.

- Darnell Dodson has no problem shooting does he? HAHA He has been the biggest revelation to me in the Blue/White scrimmage and tonight. He is aggressive, crashes the glass, and also pretty tough on defense as well.

- Orton and Cousins looked good. Orton gives great effort and plays aggressively. Cousins just has unbelievable athleticism for a big man.

-PPat seemed to be forcing things tonight and wasn't letting the game come to him. He made alot of great hustle plays only to throw it to Campbellsville, he also had several bad passes and unforced turnovers on offense.

-Lots of mistakes all together actually, and you can tell the team is still trying to figure the offense out and their roles.

- With that said, UK looked 20 points better than UL Big Grin

Agreed.

Anyone know why Liggins didn't play tonight?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Agreed.

Anyone know why Liggins didn't play tonight?

On the KSR liveblog they had a great line that said, "He is still fouled out from the Blue/White Scrimmage" HAHA
Patterson looks uncomfortable out there, I dunno, maybe its just me. And Cal let everyone play, so I hope Liggins isnt getting in trouble or anything.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On the KSR liveblog they had a great line that said, "He is still fouled out from the Blue/White Scrimmage" HAHA

LOL... I just read that on TCP.

Anyhow, from some of the comments from Cal on the post-game show... he said Stevenson wasn't in the first half because of the way he had been performing in practice. He also said Patterson was bothered with a smaller guy guarding him tonight.

Something that really bothered me tonight was the poor play from Miller. He has yet to show us the player that Cal speaks of. I say as of right now, start Dodson over Miller.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:LOL... I just read that on TCP.

Anyhow, from some of the comments from Cal on the post-game show... he said Stevenson wasn't in the first half because of the way he had been performing in practice. He also said Patterson was bothered with a smaller guy guarding him tonight.

Something that really bothered me tonight was the poor play from Miller. He has yet to show us the player that Cal speaks of. I say as of right now, start Dodson over Miller.

didnt get to watch it because of work. maybe its coming on delay of broadcasting on BNSN?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:LOL... I just read that on TCP.

Miller showed signs of what Coach Cal has talked about early on IMO. At the first of the game he spun around a defender and pulled up and made the shot from around the free throw line, so I mean it's there, but he's got to be more consistent. As for starting Dodson over him, I'd say do it because Dodson was EVERYWHERE tonight, looking good in all areas of the game. Cousins and Orton are beasts, along with Patterson...Gosh it's just a whole new look with DEPTH at EVERY position. We can go 2-3 deep at each position and not miss much of a beat, especially at the 4 and 5 position. UK is BACK!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:didnt get to watch it because of work. maybe its coming on delay of broadcasting on BNSN?

Comes on @ 11:15 on BBSN (wymt, wkyt)
Awesome. Thanks Guys
Lot's of potnetial with this team, and I mean lots. Bledsoe is a player. Just hard for me to imagine how he and Wall work together, but if they can, this could be the most scarry backcourt that basketball has seen in a long time.

Now, if we are all real with ourselves, you could see that this team is a long way away from finding the chemistry that deserves a high ranking. IMO, this team is not any better than a top 20 team (NOW). With all the talent that this team has, they will be a top five team (AT THE END OF THE SEASON). For anybody to have expected that this team could come in with a new coaching staff, entirely new system, and an entirely revamped roster with mostly freshman in the leading roles, and seriously expected this team to live up to the hype week one, hopefully this better your expectations.

Lots of rookie mistakes out there, mistakes that Wall will not correct when he comes back and not mistakes that can be fine tuned in the first month of the season. I do believe if this team buys into the system, they will be legit come January, but to expect anything more from this team before they create chemistry is just unrealistic.

Great job by the Cats. They will get better, but right now they are not deserving to be considered at top 5 team.
Stardust Wrote:Lot's of potnetial with this team, and I mean lots. Bledsoe is a player. Just hard for me to imagine how he and Wall work together, but if they can, this could be the most scarry backcourt that basketball has seen in a long time.

Now, if we are all real with ourselves, you could see that this team is a long way away from finding the chemistry that deserves a high ranking. IMO, this team is not any better than a top 20 team (NOW). With all the talent that this team has, they will be a top five team (AT THE END OF THE SEASON). For anybody to have expected that this team could come in with a new coaching staff, entirely new system, and an entirely revamped roster with mostly freshman in the leading roles, and seriously expected this team to live up to the hype week one, hopefully this better your expectations.

Lots of rookie mistakes out there, mistakes that Wall will not correct when he comes back and not mistakes that can be fine tuned in the first month of the season. I do believe if this team buys into the system, they will be legit come January, but to expect anything more from this team before they create chemistry is just unrealistic.

Great job by the Cats. They will get better, but right now they are not deserving to be considered at top 5 team.

Im not worried about rankings as long as we bring hope that championship banner.
I love the Cats, but a title this year......... I'm not holding my breath
I lied earlier, the replay comes on @ 11:30 , sorry about that.
Post game interviews....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnqNv9xvUw8"]YouTube - Darius Miller on johnclay.bloginky.com[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emTN1HMfeU0"]YouTube - Patrick Patterson on johnclay.bloginky.com[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAmzrJSyN_M"]YouTube - Daniel Orton on johnclay.bloginky.com[/ame]
just watched the first half. Bledsoe is a man beast. Him and wall will do amazing things. Patterson is trying to force things. Miller Looks kinda confused.
Why didn't cal put the ball in Randall Cobb's hands at the end of the game? Jeeze
It was a great game! But, whats wrong with patterson? He only had 4 points and he played more minutes than amyone else.
leecoukfan Wrote:It was a great game! But, whats wrong with patterson? He only had 4 points and he played more minutes than amyone else.

In Cal's DDM offense has 4 players on the outside and one on the inside. Patterson is quicker than Cousins so Patterson spends more time on the outside than in although when someone drives the other 4 close in which leads to points for UK most of the time. I'm pretty sure both of Patterson's buckets come off of this tonight. But when he has the ball on the outside, he needs to try and create for himself off the dribble. That's what Cal wants him to do, take his man off the dribble. But this isn't something I'd worry about because Wall is the quarterback of this team, so he'll be able to create some easy buckets for Patterson and just about everyone else on the floor.
Stardust Wrote:Lot's of potnetial with this team, and I mean lots. Bledsoe is a player. Just hard for me to imagine how he and Wall work together, but if they can, this could be the most scarry backcourt that basketball has seen in a long time.

:Thumbs:
gish_7 Wrote:Why didn't cal put the ball in Randall Cobb's hands at the end of the game? Jeeze

Joker Phillips won't even do that, that's cost us two SEC games.
One word with this game tonight....Rebounding! They better figure out what the problem was last night and fix it.
We played great...made a little to many turnovers but im just excited Basketballl is back.
I was really impressed with this years squad. We are so much more athletic than in previous years and that was without the best PG in the country. I think the squad could do big things this year.
I noticed something really wrong in the game...

Where was Patrick Patterson...he needs to be more effective.

Otherwise...a good performance by this young group.
looked good but not as good as coach cal wants them to look