Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Teams in KMSFA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just checking to see how many schools are in the "KMSFA". How many 7th & 8th grade teams? :thanks:
There are currently approximately 70+ members across the state in the KMSFA.

Keep in mind, there are only 174 middle schools in the state of KY.

Of those 34 are in Jefferson County. There is no middle school football in Jefferson County outside of Christian Academy and KCD. Bullitt County does not have it, nor does the area that feeds Fort Thomas Highlands.

So, with that in mind, there are approximately 120 or so middle school left that "could" be in it, if their school plays middle school football.

Our goal is to get to 100 within the next 2 years. Our problem is that the extreme Eastern and Western ends have not joined in yet. Hopefully that is something we can work on this offseason.

If your school is interested in more information on joining, please go to http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com or feel free to contact me privately.
North eastern Ky is well represented in all classes,,, especially inthe 7th grade division!!!!
That will be great to get all the schools that have a middle school progam. It's a great thing that you have started. When is the next meeting going to take place & where? Keep up the great work. :thanks::Clap:
To put the numbers into perspective a little bit.

Boone Co has no MS football. Jefferson Co has no MS football past 2 schools. Bullit Co has no MS football. Lexington has 2 LCA and LC that play but most of the area is not much to talk about. I think the public MS are only allowed 5 games or something. There are a few MS teams in NKY but they play in a league with some what restricted rules and there is a number of areas in NKY that do not have MS teams. I am not sure about the Henderson Co area which is one of the largest areas in the state.

So when you look at it population wise Jefferson Co, NKY, and Lexington Area all combine to a large population of the state and yet these areas either do not have MS football or very restricted. It would be interesting to look at the number of MS and compare to see how many do not have football.