Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KMSFA All-State Team selections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The following players were selected to the KMSFA All State Team –
QB
D1 – Lawson Page (Shelby West)
D2 – Austin Chapman (Gallatin County)

RB
D1 – Danny DeWalt (Bowling Green)
D2 – Kody Thornsberry (Morgan County)

WR
D1 - Ross Cox (Anderson County)
D2 – Scotty Bailey (Cumberland)

TE
D1 – Austin Laing (Bluegrass) West
D2 – Will Lainge (Meece) West

Center
D1 – Jake Mills (Bowling Green)
D2 – Aaron Stevens (Trigg County)

Guard
D1 – Garrett Martin (Rowan County)
D2 – Jonathan Crouch (Morgan County)

Tackle
D1 – Jarrod Cubert (Anderson County)
D2 – Kagan Skidmore (Meece)

LB
D1 – Chris Middleton (Corbin)
D2 – Austin Arnett (Morgan County)

Safety
D1 – Noah Mitchell (Lexington Catholic)
D2 – Curtis Flynn (Gallatin County)

Defensive Lineman
D1 – Crockett Cosby (Anderson County)
D2 – Zach McIntire (Bloomfield)

Defensive End
D1 – Lincoln Quick (Bowling Green)
D2 - Jalen Acree (Frankfort)

Corner Back
D1 – Cai Jackson (Corbin)
D2 – Blake Rutherford (Cumberland)
Is this the West or East?
That (East or West) didn't matter on these selections. These are the BEST at their respective position through review of their games during the entire tournament.

All of these players (except for one who is a 7th grader) will be invited to play in the East vs West All Star game in Frankfort though.
what about a 7th grade All-State team? I can think of a few. Don't know most of their names. There are about 5 from Corbin's team(#'s 36,70,76,19,5), Lone Oak's QB #11 Bronson Owens, From Jackson Co. DT #59 Khris Noble, DE #55 Aaron Raider, RB/LB #30 Dakota Tillery, and RB/DB #20 DJ Stone, Greenup had a couple also a WR & LB,and don't know his name but the 7th grade RB from Meade Co that ran on 8th grade only, Corbin's 8th grade couldn't stop him.
Good job guys
Congrats to the two Harlan County boys from Cumberland, Rutherford and Bailey!!:Thumbs:
Jackson Cofan Wrote:what about a 7th grade All-State team? I can think of a few. Don't know most of their names. There are about 5 from Corbin's team(#'s 36,70,76,19,5), Lone Oak's QB #11 Bronson Owens, From Jackson Co. DT #59 Khris Noble, DE #55 Aaron Raider, RB/LB #30 Dakota Tillery, and RB/DB #20 DJ Stone, Greenup had a couple also a WR & LB,and don't know his name but the 7th grade RB from Meade Co that ran on 8th grade only, Corbin's 8th grade couldn't stop him.

I apologize. I don't have the 7th grade on my phone (what I am typing this on).

Will try to post that as soon as I get to a computer!
if the selection of the all state team is based on mvp's from the playoff games then that is wrong. The players should be selected by how they done all year. With the 7th grade, in some cases even the wrong player recieved a mvp award because they were wrongfully indentified by the pa announcer. The players I mentioned before would be on about everybody's state team. With the system in place (playoff mvp's get state selection) half of them are not on there. How can players get snubbed for rushing for over 1,400 yards and 13TD's or for having 84 tackles with 40 of those being for a loss and 15 of those being sacks???
Jackson Cofan Wrote:what about a 7th grade All-State team? I can think of a few. Don't know most of their names. There are about 5 from Corbin's team(#'s 36,70,76,19,5), Lone Oak's QB #11 Bronson Owens, From Jackson Co. DT #59 Khris Noble, DE #55 Aaron Raider, RB/LB #30 Dakota Tillery, and RB/DB #20 DJ Stone, Greenup had a couple also a WR & LB,and don't know his name but the 7th grade RB from Meade Co that ran on 8th grade only, Corbin's 8th grade couldn't stop him.

The TE/WR/DL from Greenup County (#82) you mention had 4 good games in this tournament on both offense and defense including about all the yards we could muster against Corbins starters, yet he wasn't even honorable mention all tournament.
When you get a chance can you post the 7th grade all-state team. And i was just wondering why is it that you dont do an all-state selection for each position(11 players on offense and 11 on defense). There is no all-state FB and you leave out a rb/wr,2 offensive and defensive linemena as well as 2-3 linebackers a corner and/or a safety.
There is only 7 offensive all-state players and only 5 defensive all-state players. I also agree that regular season performance should have somewhat of an influence. I dont think regular season should be the majority of the basis because stats can be skewed by lack of competetion and other circumstances.
That is what I am confused about. There is not even enough all-state players to field a single team much less 2 teams. Theres only 1 player listed at positions that have 2 players, how is that an all-state team?
I found the all tourney teams list on kymiddleschoolfootball.com. My problem with these selections are 1-) Should have all 11 positions on offense and defense(as i stated earlier) and 2-) The state championship team only has 3 kids that received honors. That puts them tied for 5th. Greenup had 9, Lone Oak and Meade both with 6, Raceland with 4, and Lewis and Corbin with 3. Raceland and Lewis both losing their first game in the playoffs. I didnt make it up to Lexington this weekend for the semifinals and championship but ive watched corbin play alot this year and they have some kids that should at least be on the honorable mention list. #5 RB/LB, #29 LB, #7 QB/S, #19 TE/DE, #62 C/DL, #32 CB/S/LB, #20 CB.
After watching the championship game on wazoo I just dont understand how some kids can be left off of this list. #5 from corbin, announcers said he had over 170 yards rushing in the 1st half, and an Int on defense and several tackles. #29 might have been the leading the team in tackles. #62 was a big part of the success running the ball and he was pressuring the QB the entire game getting a sack and several tackles. But most of all #19 got a touchdown pass as TE, but dominated on defense pressuring the QB the whole game with several sacks and a couple forced fumbles.
Steelermatt Wrote:The TE/WR/DL from Greenup County (#82) you mention had 4 good games in this tournament on both offense and defense including about all the yards we could muster against Corbins starters, yet he wasn't even honorable mention all tournament.

:Thumbs: Yeah that is what I'm saying also.#82 had some great catches against Corbin in the semis. He's a good player. #59 Khris Noble from Jackson Co was mistakenly identified during the playoff game against Corbin as being another player who ended up being the mvp. If they go back and look at the film they will see I'm right. #70 &#76 of Corbin, who are also great players, double teamed him most of the game and he still ended up with 7 tackles(lead the team) :Thumbs:
Jackson Cofan Wrote::Thumbs: Yeah that is what I'm saying also.#82 had some great catches against Corbin in the semis. He's a good player. #59 Khris Noble from Jackson Co was mistakenly identified during the playoff game against Corbin as being another player who ended up being the mvp. If they go back and look at the film they will see I'm right. #70 L of Corbin, who are also great players, double teamed him most of the game and he still ended up with 7 tackles(lead the team) :Thumbs:
:worthy: You got to be a Hauss to have to be doubled by those two boys. If they cant block you 1 on 1 then you are definately hard to handle.:Thumbs:
We (GC) have our 5'0 90lb cornerback listed as honorable mention offensive guard....and our starting lb as honorable mention cb... and a substitute player that comes off the bench and maybe plays 1/4 of the game as a backup cornerback as all tourney honorable mention safety....
Has any one heard of Jordan Johnson. #74 of Central middle. hes good
The All-State selections were made after watching video of EVERY KMSFA playoff game and the semi-finals.

This was done in order to present these awards on Championship Sunday.

The games shown on Wazoo were played on Sunday and not apart of the consideration.
FF40212 Wrote:The All-State selections were made after watching video of EVERY KMSFA playoff game and the semi-finals.

This was done in order to present these awards on Championship Sunday.

The games shown on Wazoo were played on Sunday and not apart of the consideration.

then go back and look at the Jackson Co/ Corbin game. #59, who is Khris Noble was wrongfully Identified by the PA announcer the whole game as Aaron Raider who is #55. I will be more than welcome to met ya and watch that video together. I kept the stats all year for JC and during that game the Noble kid had about 5-7 tackles that led the team
You know I sit here and listen and watch everyones concerns about this but here is the deal......
The KYMSFA is NEW,, they ae working out the kinks and doing a great job in their effort. I watched as 6 people worked their hindends off JUST in this weekend, not seeing what all they had done for the last 2 years behind the scenes.........These guys have taken it upon themselves to try to help kids,, thats what they have done,......Trying to help kids.......
Starting with a middle school football association,, which some schools still do not want to be a part of... well thats thier choice......... SECOND.. they are trying to get every way that they can to get kids excited about middle schol football....... THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT TOO!!!!!!
NOW the KYMSFA is working on recognizing the 8th grade all-stars in a game in FRankfort in 3 weeks........
How much has the KYMSFA done to promote middle school football inthe state.. WELL I say they are hard working, devoted football promoters who want to see kids get to the next level......
Did some kids get missed on all-state- YES...But how many were recognized?????
Did some kids not get to play in the championship weekend,,, yes but tloo at the 12 teams that were there.......
Could the KYMSFA do better,, yes ,, but we all can do better and help take some tof the burden off these guys who are doing it all!!!!
I commend these guys for their efforts, devotion and hard work.. I got to see the long hours they spent during that weekend. HS game on FRiday, they stayed til around midnight or later setting up the field, there Saturday morning around 6:30 and not leaving until around 12 midnight that Saturday night.. A rumor is that a couple of them actually slept in the dressing room so they would not have to waste driving time.

My son was not voted ALL-STATE with 1730 rushing yards and 505 receiving yards, 100 tackles, 33 behind the line of scrimmage...... Are some kids going to be over looked,,, YOU BET!!!!!! was any of it done on purpose.... Absolutely NOT!!!!!! it is a simple oversight!!!!!!!
I applaud their efforts for doing what they are doing,, !!!!!!

I thank you for the time and effort that you guys put into the KYMSFA!!!!!!
if not for you my son would be playing football on his XBOX 360!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB SO FAR GUYS ... keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

Zips DAD
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:You know I sit here and listen and watch everyones concerns about this but here is the deal......
The KYMSFA is NEW,, they ae working out the kinks and doing a great job in their effort. I watched as 6 people worked their hindends off JUST in this weekend, not seeing what all they had done for the last 2 years behind the scenes.........These guys have taken it upon themselves to try to help kids,, thats what they have done,......Trying to help kids.......
Starting with a middle school football association,, which some schools still do not want to be a part of... well thats thier choice......... SECOND.. they are trying to get every way that they can to get kids excited about middle schol football....... THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT TOO!!!!!!
NOW the KYMSFA is working on recognizing the 8th grade all-stars in a game in FRankfort in 3 weeks........
How much has the KYMSFA done to promote middle school football inthe state.. WELL I say they are hard working, devoted football promoters who want to see kids get to the next level......
Did some kids get missed on all-state- YES...But how many were recognized?????
Did some kids not get to play in the championship weekend,,, yes but tloo at the 12 teams that were there.......
Could the KYMSFA do better,, yes ,, but we all can do better and help take some tof the burden off these guys who are doing it all!!!!
I commend these guys for their efforts, devotion and hard work.. I got to see the long hours they spent during that weekend. HS game on FRiday, they stayed til around midnight or later setting up the field, there Saturday morning around 6:30 and not leaving until around 12 midnight that Saturday night.. A rumor is that a couple of them actually slept in the dressing room so they would not have to waste driving time.

My son was not voted ALL-STATE with 1730 rushing yards and 505 receiving yards, 100 tackles, 33 behind the line of scrimmage...... Are some kids going to be over looked,,, YOU BET!!!!!! was any of it done on purpose.... Absolutely NOT!!!!!! it is a simple oversight!!!!!!!
I applaud their efforts for doing what they are doing,, !!!!!!

I thank you for the time and effort that you guys put into the KYMSFA!!!!!!
if not for you my son would be playing football on his XBOX 360!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB SO FAR GUYS ... keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

Zips DAD
I never said that the KYMSFA didnt do an excellent job, considering all they had to do. All I said was that i had a hard time agreeing that the state champions had the same number of kids (three) recognized as did teams that went out in the first round. Yet the other three teams that made the semifinal weekend had 9, 6, and 6. And I'm not talking about kids that were just "ALL-STATE", but honorable mentions as well. I agree with most all the all-state selections, but on some of these honorable mention lists they have 6-12 kids already on them and leave off a good starter from the state champions. And in some cases there are no honorable mentions at a position and that is completely absurd because there were so many kids in this tournament that could at least been recognized as honorable mention. I dont want an argument, because like you said it is all for the kids i just felt bad for a lot of kids on several teams that should have been recognized in some way.
This is all new and i am glad that they are trying to do this...maybe a little rough in the beginning but also feel that it will improve next time. I agrgee it is all about the kids... Yea some feelings will be hurt but I think the overall position of the KYMSFA is to recognize kids and their efforts...
NOW before the state championships,, I had only seen limited number of teams, but seen more on film... I had seen some really nice kids inthe playoffs and regular season, then get to the state championships and YES there were some really good teams and players there too. But to find the top is HARD,,,,,,, do you pick kids only in the championship weekend that have a great team to back them.. and punish a kid who has carried a team all the way thru that did not make the championships???

Alot of hard questions to answer... BUT like I said.. These guys are trying to do this and maybe it is not all ironed out,, but getting better every year.

One thing is for sure.. As long as there are coaches and parents who are willing to help in this venture.. the better it is going to get...
Maybe someone can present an offer to them to help find a better way????
All I know is that these guys bit off alot of work for themselves and not complained about the outcome one time........ Lets all give them a hand in their efforts,,, and maybe give them 2 hands in helping from here on out....
I agree with all you have said and i truly believe the KYMSFA will only get better and it will better football as a whole in the state of kentucky. And like you said it is hard to pick who should be on these teams and there will always be deserving ones left out that is just how it is. But with the criteria they based it on which was solely on the state playoffs its just weird that the champions have as many kids recognized as the teams that went out in the 1st round. And all the other teams that made it to the semifinal weekend had more. I would think that if you were playing 4 games your players might be able to be seen and evaluated properly.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I agree with all you have said and i truly believe the KYMSFA will only get better and it will better football as a whole in the state of kentucky. And like you said it is hard to pick who should be on these teams and there will always be deserving ones left out that is just how it is. But with the criteria they based it on which was solely on the state playoffs its just weird that the champions have as many kids recognized as the teams that went out in the 1st round. And all the other teams that made it to the semifinal weekend had more. I would think that if you were playing 4 games your players might be able to be seen and evaluated properly.

On my all state team Corbin has 6 players, 3 each from Greenup, Lone Oak, and Jackson Co, 2 from Clay Co, and 1 each from Meade Co and Raceland. That gives me 19 of 22. Add another 3 to that squad and I'll take on the state team that was picked any day of the week. The one kid from Meade Co is the running back that is a 7th grader that only ran on the 8th grade team. Corbin's 8th said he was a beast when they played against him
This is bull crap.
Thank you for the positive words Devilologist. It is just like I said in that interview on Wazoo, every person who is involved with our organization has their heart in the right place. I can tell you that because I am in the conversations that go on behind closed doors, in hours-long conference calls, in meetings, in emails, etc. I can assure you that there are some middle school coaches out there who are at times "hard to get along with". The thing is, we go out of our way for those guys too.

I will say that I have pointed out a couple of the "mis-steps" we made on that weekend. I emailed one post from this site where we evidently honorable mentioned the wrong kid and someone on here pointed it out.

We go off of the rosters we are presented. Kids change numbers. Kids sometimes have different numbers between home and away jersies. There are a ton of reasons why there could be a mixup. I can 100% assure you that no kid was left out for any reason. If they were a good player, research was done (as best as we could) and they were rightfully considered.

Are there kinks? Certainly. Will we get them all out for 2010? Our aim is to work towards that.

Anyone who would like to be apart of the KMSFA is more than welcome to add their 2 cents or volunteer to help. I can promise you that it is a worthwhile venture and something that will be here for years to come.

Again, I think that some of this is true in that there probably were kids (more likely parents) who were disappointed not to have their son on those lists. Please understand that it is going to happen. If you don't believe me, subscribe to the high school listserv where those high school coaches are currently emailing kids names and stats blindly to other coaches begging for an All-State vote for their high school players. I don't think that is a better way of doing it. At least we spent HOURS watching video and grading games in person.
FF40212 Wrote:Thank you for the positive words Devilologist. It is just like I said in that interview on Wazoo, every person who is involved with our organization has their heart in the right place. I can tell you that because I am in the conversations that go on behind closed doors, in hours-long conference calls, in meetings, in emails, etc. I can assure you that there are some middle school coaches out there who are at times "hard to get along with". The thing is, we go out of our way for those guys too.

I will say that I have pointed out a couple of the "mis-steps" we made on that weekend. I emailed one post from this site where we evidently honorable mentioned the wrong kid and someone on here pointed it out.

We go off of the rosters we are presented. Kids change numbers. Kids sometimes have different numbers between home and away jersies. There are a ton of reasons why there could be a mixup. I can 100% assure you that no kid was left out for any reason. If they were a good player, research was done (as best as we could) and they were rightfully considered.

Are there kinks? Certainly. Will we get them all out for 2010? Our aim is to work towards that.

Anyone who would like to be apart of the KMSFA is more than welcome to add their 2 cents or volunteer to help. I can promise you that it is a worthwhile venture and something that will be here for years to come.

Again, I think that some of this is true in that there probably were kids (more likely parents) who were disappointed not to have their son on those lists. Please understand that it is going to happen. If you don't believe me, subscribe to the high school listserv where those high school coaches are currently emailing kids names and stats blindly to other coaches begging for an All-State vote for their high school players. I don't think that is a better way of doing it. At least we spent HOURS watching video and grading games in person.
Well no matter how anything is it always needs fixing. I think that what alot of us have a stink about is that during these playoff games a player who has not played much and then suddenly has a great game in the playoffs is suddenly on an all state team. Why not change that to an "all tourney" team.
To my knowledge all-state means they are the best of the best in the state. I also do know that all of this is NOT the kymsfa's fault. What some do not know is that the players selected were nominated by their respected head coaches. What that tells me is that I guess that is what the coaches thought or not about your child as a player. But still facts being facts not all of the best players in the state made the "all-state" team.
It might not mean so much to some, BUT to some it mean't alot and it would of looked good on their future college resume'.

how can we do that?
Jackson Cofan Wrote:Anyone who would like to be apart of the KMSFA is more than welcome to add their 2 cents or volunteer to help. I can promise you that it is a worthwhile venture and something that will be here for years to come.

how can we do that?

Contact FB40212 or visit the website. There is contact information there. The off season meeting is typically in Feb during the Nike COY clinic in Louisville.
Pages: 1 2