Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mississippi State 31 Kentucky 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
All I can say is...Bring on the round-ball!!
Bad Play Calling All Im Sayin.
UK has 3 more chances to get 1 more SEC win and go to a bowl game. ill be glad when rich brooks is gone
What a ridiculous set of downs inside the red zone on the last drive of the game for UK. Newton is obviously inexperienced, but this was bad play calling as well. The defense is what lost this game though. I mean, the UK defense was absolutely pitiful. They let Dixon of MSU rush for a career game tonight. He had over 250 yards I believe. There is absolutely no excuse for allowing that.

Come on UK, let's win the next one.
I saw some good and some bad in this game. I don't know what happened to the UK defense. Dixon is good but he should not have ran for almost 300 yards on UK! Locke played a good game, the offensive line was pretty good in run defense but they allowed quite a few blitzes to come in, they have to improve on that.

Morgan Newton is a hard man to gauge. He has moments that you love him and times that you want to slap him. That last play for UK could have been a first down but Joker Phillips's play calling has Newton thinking run-first-pass-second and he never thought twice about sticking his head to the ground and trying to scramble for that first down.

Overall UK will bounce back and they will win a few more games. What this does though is it hinges UK's hopes of a good bowl game on a win over UT or UGA.
UK's defense tonight was soft as butter. This was a winnable game for them, even though I picked them to lose. This and Vandy was the swing games I had before the season, and IMO, this really hurts their bowl chances.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:UK's defense tonight was soft as butter. This was a winnable game for them, even though I picked them to lose. This and Vandy was the swing games I had before the season, and IMO, this really hurts their bowl chances.
They will make a bowl imo I think they will beat EKU and Vandy.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:They will make a bowl imo I think they will beat EKU and Vandy.

Brother I hope you are right..it sure woulda been nice to be 5-3 after this one though lol..
Terrible defense and terrible play calling by not getting Locke or Randall the ball in the red zone. Reminded my of Belfry/JC. Run the same daggone plays and you can't stop it. Dixon is a good back, but UK made him look like the Heisman winner tonight.
The better team did just enough to get the win.
Say what you want about the Defense tonight, but Dixon is one **** of a ball carrier for Mississippi State! I wish the cats could have contained him but when they commited to the run,(safety to close and rely on man d) the pass torched them! Hats off to Miss state they wanted it more than the cats.
Bad play calling period. I love Joker phillips but he needs to let newton throw it more early in the game. and the Defense there is no excuse for that. It was the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.
The victor does not surpise me, however after the Florida game last week, I thought MSU would win this by 14+
I will say this much..Randall Cobb will go down as the BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER TO EVER WEAR A UK UNIFORM....If we didn't have Cobb, we wouldn't win 2 games a year.
Morgan Newton lost this game for UK.

His bad decision making throughout the game cost us. Why didn't Fidler come in anytime during this game?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Bad play calling period. I love Joker phillips but he needs to let newton throw it more early in the game. and the Defense there is no excuse for that. It was the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.

To be honest with you, I think Joker WAS letting Newton throw it more.

Newton got scared, peed his pants, and decided to run it almost every time we had a passing play called.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Morgan Newton lost this game for UK.

His bad decision making throughout the game cost us. Why didn't Fidler come in anytime during this game?

What? Are Play Calling In The Red Zone Is What Costed Us This Game. And You Know It. Hes A Freshmen Who Made Mistakes But Why Do U GO Away From Locke And Cobb When U Need Them Most?

Im Pretty Sure Cobb Won The Game For Us The Week Before Last Why Not Let Him DO It Again.

Example As I Said Before: 2 Seconds Left In The NBA Finals, Inbound The Ball To Rondo For The Game 3 When You Should Have Went To Ray Allen Or Paul Pierce.
This makes me sick.. :HitWall:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Bad play calling period. I love Joker phillips but he needs to let newton throw it more early in the game. and the Defense there is no excuse for that. It was the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.

:Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What? Are Play Calling In The Red Zone Is What Costed Us This Game. And You Know It. Hes A Freshmen Who Made Mistakes But Why Do U GO Away From Locke And Cobb When U Need Them Most?

Im Pretty Sure Cobb Won The Game For Us The Week Before Last Why Not Let Him DO It Again.

Example As I Said Before: 2 Seconds Left In The NBA Finals, Inbound The Ball To Rondo For The Game 3 When You Should Have Went To Ray Allen Or Paul Pierce.

Our runningbacks were getting stuffed in the red zone, so no, it was not bad play calling.

They had 2 downs to get the ball in, and instead got driven back. So on 3rd down, we have to throw it, and when we call the play to throw it, what does Newton do? Poops his pants and tries to run it himself.

Also, last night was not one of Cobb's better games.
newton is to slow to try to run,the plays that cobb runs out of the wildcat,they also might try to give the ball to the man in motion somtime when cobb is in the wildcat to throw the defense off,i have not seen them do that yet,cobb always runs it or has thrown a couple times..
ComfortEagle Wrote:Our runningbacks were getting stuffed in the red zone, so no, it was not bad play calling.

They had 2 downs to get the ball in, and instead got driven back. So on 3rd down, we have to throw it, and when we call the play to throw it, what does Newton do? Poops his pants and tries to run it himself.

Also, last night was not one of Cobb's better games.

:lmao:
I may be in the minority on this, but I thought Newton played fairly well.(minus the interception) The coaches just didn't put him in a position to succeed. They let him throw the ball on 3rd and long when everybody in the stadium knew we would have to throw it. Then when the game is on the line Joker calls two straight QB draws, and Cobb don't touch the ball? All the Brooks and Joker lovers just need to realize this game was on the coaching staff.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Bad Play Calling All Im Sayin.

I agree 110% I was at this game and play call killed us! In a critical point in the game why not give it to the man that got you in the position to win or tie the game!? COBB!
Kentucky football: the tradition of Temple and the arrogance of Notre Dame.