Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Black uni's for Miss. State game still a possibility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Brooks said earlier this week that they did NOT have black uniforms and that they would be wearing their usual blue jerseys for this week's game against Miss. State.

However, on 101.5 tonight, Larry Glover said a prominent sports writer in Lexington (who he did not want to name until after the game) told him that there is still a good possibility that UK will be wearing black uniforms and that Brooks might have been lying to surprise the fans at the game.

So basically....who knows?
i look for it 2 happen
i hope they do
I received an email that led me to believe that they would be.

It's kind of odd that black uniforms are making their way into every sport in every school now. My local middle school team has black jerseys on the way I do believe. A lot of schools have incorporated them into an away jersey with the regular school colors this past season. I guess UK started something here and everyone else followed.
I'd love to see it
I'd like to see something similar that Georgia did that one year...

Have one like blue uni's and then take them off revealing black uni's.

But I don't see it.
I saw a black Cobb jersey in a sporting good store if this means anything.
I think it would be pretty neat. I would like to see it, change it up a little bit and let the guys have fun in the black uni's.
Guess this was a no go. The Kentucky blue is looking awfully sharp on my TV right now. I'm glad in a way that they didn't bring on a black jersey. It is taking over sports! The black jersey were a change but unless black is in your school's colors, I don't see why everyone feels they need them.
thetribe Wrote:Guess this was a no go. The Kentucky blue is looking awfully sharp on my TV right now. I'm glad in a way that they didn't bring on a black jersey. It is taking over sports! The black jersey were a change but unless black is in your school's colors, I don't see why everyone feels they need them.

I think it is where it is neutral color and they can work the school colors in many different ways with the palets and such, much of why white is so common as well just a thought though
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think it is where it is neutral color and they can work the school colors in many different ways with the palets and such, much of why white is so common as well just a thought though

You are probably right. I just remember seeing black jerseys popping up everywhere in this area after UK's last season. Hopefully every team doesn't jump on the bandwagon. They are good for a really special event or a memorial game but what ever happened to the good ol' days of a home jersey and an away jersey? Haha.
Hopefully they break them out against a team they can at least beat. That way they won't say they are jinxed!