Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Impression Of Blue/White Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wall Is A Beast
Dodson And Bledsoe Beast
Patterosn Shooting the 3

What about cousins?
May god have mercy on our opponents souls, cause we sure wont.
Reanimate Wrote:May god have mercy on our opponents souls, cause we sure wont.

I look forward to monday night.....go cats
I thought Perry Stevenson looked lost for the most part. Other then that they need to finish better around the rim which will come in time.
Batpuff Wrote:I thought Perry Stevenson looked lost for the most part. Other then that they need to finish better around the rim which will come in time.

they will play with alot more agression around the rim come season time. they dont want noone hurt
John Wall - What can you say? He can get to the rim at will. He is an absolute speedster that only has one weakness, his shooting from outside of 15 feet. Wall will be as good as advertised my friends.

Eric Bledsoe - A guy with nearly as much speed as John Wall. He seems to be an inconsistent shooter as well. His ability to put it on the floor and draw bodies in the lane is incredible.

Darius Miller - Looked a little sluggish in the first half, but turned it on in the second and played like we know he can. His floater will be unstoppable if he can get that shot off consistently off the dribble.

Patrick Patterson - The beast is still the beast. The hardest worker on the floor tonight as he has been since he has been at UK. His ability to put the ball on the floor is improving, but still needs a little work. Other than that, nothing at all wrong with PP's game.

DeMarcus Cousins - This guy is physical and strong as an ox. Cousins can shoot the ball from the perimeter as well, which could be a key to a successful offense this season for the Cats.

Daniel Orton - Showed he can play with the likes of Cousins. That 6-week workout in San Fransisco seems to have helped tremendously. His knee looks fine as well.

Darnell Dodson - He showed that he is one of our better shooters. He can get his own shot off and answered the questions that we all had about his ball handling skills. He will contribute off the bench right away.

Jon Hood - He impressed me tonight. Like Kyle Macy was talking about during the game, Hood played to his strengths and did what he knew he could and done well.

Josh Harrellson - Another surprising player. He showed that his performance at Big Blue Madness was no fluke. Harrellson had an especially good first half as he went for a double-double by halftime. He should see minutes this season.

Ramon Harris - Shot the ball well tonight. Will provide good senior leadership this season for the Cats. He will see minutes, no doubt.

DeAndre Liggins - I seen some things I liked, and things I didn't. He looked out of control at times (like last season), and other times he played great defense and handled the ball well at the point guard position. Still a lot of question marks on his regard.

Perry Stevenson - I agree with Batpuff, he looked lost on offense. He still has quite a ways to go, but should be okay and continue to develop in this new system over the next couple of months.

A lot of talent on the floor tonight. It's going to be exciting to watch this season!
Great analysis Outdoorsman! I cant wait for the regular season to start! Gonna be a blast!! Watch out everyone!
[quote=outdoorsman43]

Beast Post! Great Post!
Stevenson looks stoned this year just like last year.
Liggins didn't impress me much at all tonight...I know he got after it on D but he was called for like 12 fouls.
UK is going to embarrass teams this season. OMG they looked tough, athletic and under control.

Wall
Dodson
Patterson
Orton
----------

THese guys impressed me the most.
I seen a lot of good things out of Dodson, Harrellson, Hood and Liggins. They all hustled and made plays numerous times tonight. It looks as if Stevenson, Krebs, Harrellson and Harris will see a limited amount of minutes this season. The others showed just how great they are most of the night. They also made some mistakes, but nothing serious to where we can begin worrying that they're overrated. The press is the most surprising thing I seen to night. Miller/Wall/Bledsoe pressing is just scary because hands will be every where and it will expose any team that has weak guard play.

I really do feel sorry for every team we play this season.
Even though Harrellson doesn't fit Cali's offense..It will be very hard to keep him off of the floor! I have been more impressed with him in the 2 times I have seen him this year than anyone.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Even though Harrellson doesn't fit Cali's offense..It will be very hard to keep him off of the floor! I have been more impressed with him in the 2 times I have seen him this year than anyone.

He can shoot the three very well for a big man.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I seen a lot of good things out of Dodson, Harrellson, Hood and Liggins. They all hustled and made plays numerous times tonight. It looks as if Stevenson, Krebs, Harrellson and Harris will see a limited amount of minutes this season. The others showed just how great they are most of the night. They also made some mistakes, but nothing serious to where we can begin worrying that they're overrated. The press is the most surprising thing I seen to night. Miller/Wall/Bledsoe pressing is just scary because hands will be every where and it will expose any team that has weak guard play.

I really do feel sorry for every team we play this season.
I believe Harrellson will see plenty of minutes. He had a double-double by halftime if I'm not mistaken. At Big Blue Madness he was absolutely on fire. Billy G didn't play him enough last year. I think Calipari notices that this guy has real talent.
Deep and Talent galore. Sure will be fun to watch and its't it nice to be excited about UK basketball. Go Cats
Bledsoe Im pressed me the most going back to back with wall on a few trips
outdoorsman43 Wrote:John Wall - What can you say? He can get to the rim at will. He is an absolute speedster that only has one weakness, his shooting from outside of 15 feet. Wall will be as good as advertised my friends.

Eric Bledsoe - A guy with nearly as much speed as John Wall. He seems to be an inconsistent shooter as well. His ability to put it on the floor and draw bodies in the lane is incredible.

Darius Miller - Looked a little sluggish in the first half, but turned it on in the second and played like we know he can. His floater will be unstoppable if he can get that shot off consistently off the dribble.

Patrick Patterson - The beast is still the beast. The hardest worker on the floor tonight as he has been since he has been at UK. His ability to put the ball on the floor is improving, but still needs a little work. Other than that, nothing at all wrong with PP's game.

DeMarcus Cousins - This guy is physical and strong as an ox. Cousins can shoot the ball from the perimeter as well, which could be a key to a successful offense this season for the Cats.

Daniel Orton - Showed he can play with the likes of Cousins. That 6-week workout in San Fransisco seems to have helped tremendously. His knee looks fine as well.

Darnell Dodson - He showed that he is one of our better shooters. He can get his own shot off and answered the questions that we all had about his ball handling skills. He will contribute off the bench right away.

Jon Hood - He impressed me tonight. Like Kyle Macy was talking about during the game, Hood played to his strengths and did what he knew he could and done well.

Josh Harrellson - Another surprising player. He showed that his performance at Big Blue Madness was no fluke. Harrellson had an especially good first half as he went for a double-double by halftime. He should see minutes this season.

Ramon Harris - Shot the ball well tonight. Will provide good senior leadership this season for the Cats. He will see minutes, no doubt.

DeAndre Liggins - I seen some things I liked, and things I didn't. He looked out of control at times (like last season), and other times he played great defense and handled the ball well at the point guard position. Still a lot of question marks on his regard.

Perry Stevenson - I agree with Batpuff, he looked lost on offense. He still has quite a ways to go, but should be okay and continue to develop in this new system over the next couple of months.

A lot of talent on the floor tonight. It's going to be exciting to watch this season!

Great summary ODM43. I really enjoyed watching this team last night. There's talent from top to bottom.
i watched this game with my papaw (the boggest UK fan alive)...he was impressed with some and not some...
However Wall was a beast...he was unbelievable...if he develops a shooting ability
Patterson, was really the only big man i was impressed with...and the three ball WOW
Stevenson was lost...
Cousins- I think was alot of HYPE...i was not very impressed alot of the game with him..Come march he may come around...i dont see him going anywhere this year though
Miller-Just didnt show up tonight...I think he was wanting to play good to much...I know he will come around and may be the better player on the team
Bledsoe- was fair...he wore down toward the second half end...
Hood- i didnt realize this kid was this good...he played great
Orton- acts afraid of hurting his knee again...Hopefully he dont but he is great player
However I predict Morehead State to beat them
Let the controversy begin!!!
theVILLE Wrote:i watched this game with my papaw (the boggest UK fan alive)...he was impressed with some and not some...
However Wall was a beast...he was unbelievable...if he develops a shooting ability
Patterson, was really the only big man i was impressed with...and the three ball WOW
Stevenson was lost...
Cousins- I think was alot of HYPE...i was not very impressed alot of the game with him..Come march he may come around...i dont see him going anywhere this year though
Miller-Just didnt show up tonight...I think he was wanting to play good to much...I know he will come around and may be the better player on the team
Bledsoe- was fair...he wore down toward the second half end...
Hood- i didnt realize this kid was this good...he played great
Orton- acts afraid of hurting his knee again...Hopefully he dont but he is great player
However I predict Morehead State to beat them

You're not even any fun to argue with anymore VILLE. :igiveup:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:You're not even any fun to argue with anymore VILLE. :igiveup:

ok could care less...but when MSU beats you will you get on here start a thread saying theVILLE is the man and i wish i was like him???
theVILLE Wrote:ok could care less...but when MSU beats you will you get on here start a thread saying theVILLE is the man and i wish i was like him???

:lmao: :please: The Cards barely beat Georgetown College at Freedom Hall. You might want to worry about Louisville before picking games UK will win or lose.
theVILLE Wrote:ok could care less...but when MSU beats you will you get on here start a thread saying theVILLE is the man and i wish i was like him???

:thatsfunn How old are you sonny?
outdoorsman43 Wrote::lmao: :please: The Cards barely beat Georgetown College at Freedom Hall. You might want to worry about Louisville before picking games UK will win or lose.

A W is a W...
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote::thatsfunn How old are you sonny?

22 why...Sonny how old are you...
theVILLE Wrote:22 why...Sonny how old are you...

You sure seem like 22. :Clap:
I can't wait for the season to start!!
WOW..who cares how old I am...I could care less...I bet me and you play a game I win 24-0...
theVILLE Wrote:WOW..who cares how old I am...I could care less...I bet me and you play a game I win 24-0...

Did u ever move to indy?
theVILLE Wrote:However I predict Morehead State to beat them

If Morehead State wins, I will never post on this site again!
Pages: 1 2