Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your WORST Sports Memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Pitt 13-WVU 9 (12/1/07)

2) Miami's Treman Mack blocking a WVU punt and scoring the winning TV giving the Canes a 10-7 win. (10/26/96)

3) Sid Bream rounding 3rd and scoring the winning run sending the Braves to the 92 World Series. The Pirates have had 17 straight losing seasons since.
christian laettner is all i have to say
1. Christian Laettner's shot in the 1992 Regional Final to beat UK and the "Unforgetables".

2. Hal Mummy's early celebration against LSU in 2002. - "The Bluegrass Miracle"

3. Gerald Fitch's missed shot in 2004 against UAB in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:1. Christian Laettner's shot in the 1992 Regional Final to beat UK and the "Unforgetables".

3. Gerald Fitch's missed shot in 2004 against UAB in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

That wasn't Hal Mumme... it was Guy Morris.

Other than that, I agree with this.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That wasn't Hal Mumme... it was Guy Morris.

Other than that, I agree with this.

Lack of sleep makes you do strange things. Wink
outdoorsman43 Wrote:1. Christian Laettner's shot in the 1992 Regional Final to beat UK and the "Unforgetables".

I cryed while reading all these
I have three more...

1/1/73 after I found out that Roberto was killed the night before in a plane crash.

2/18/01 Dale Earnhardt getting killed coming out of the final turn of the Daytona 500.

11/29/08 WVU losing to one of the worst UK basketball teams in decades in Vegas. It has been 50 years since WVU beat UK in basketball.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I have three more...

1/1/73 after I found out that Roberto was killed the night before in a plane crash.

2/18/01 Dale Earnhardt getting killed coming out of the final turn of the Daytona 500.

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]11/29/08 WVU losing to one of the worst UK basketball teams in decades in Vegas. It has been 50 years since WVU beat UK in basketball.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

this made me happy
Christian Laettners shot
michigan states double ot win chuck hayes senior year
1997 national championship loss to arizona
Yankees being up 3 games on Boston to turn around let boston take the series 4-3

or when Duke got beat by VCU in the 1st round, ending Redicks career at Duke Sad
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:1) Pitt 13-WVU 9 (12/1/07)

2) Miami's Treman Mack blocking a WVU punt and scoring the winning TV giving the Canes a 10-7 win. (10/26/96)

3) Sid Bream rounding 3rd and scoring the winning run sending the Braves to the 92 World Series. The Pirates have had 17 straight losing seasons since.
My friend, I apologize for anything negative Ive ever said to you. Seriously. Sid Bream beating the Pirates in '92, and the Cowboys beating the Steelers in SB XXX are easily my two worst sports memories. By the way, Ive argued for 17 years that Bream was out, lol..Up 2-0 goin into the bottom of the 9th, Drabek had pitched the game of his life, and Stan Belinda gives up the game winning hit to Francisco friggin Cabrera (who had all of 17 hits that SEASON)..Yeah that was painful.
The Laettner shot in 1992 was pretty awful too..
Andy Van Slyke's last game as a Pirate, and Lamberts retirement were pretty bad..
Its always hard to lose a Steeler, and we've lost many in the past few years (White, Webster, Holmes, Cope, Steve Courson, Joe Gilliam, David Little, etc)
Losing Pops Stargell was tough..
Losing Derrick Thomas, and of course, losing Paul "Bear" Bryant.
Texas' Quan Crosby's Touchdown to beat Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl '09.

The Red Sox beating the Indians out of the ALCS 07

Cavs-Magic series, this past-post season
1992 Duke beats UK on a last second two

The Bluegrass Miracle

UK vs. MIchigan ST. Elite Eight when UK lost in OT after Sparks made a late 3 to put into OT
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I have three more...

11/29/08 WVU losing to one of the worst UK basketball teams in decades in Vegas. It has been 50 years since WVU beat UK in basketball.

And they never will...

1. The bluegrass miracle

2. Losing the Elite Eight game against Mich St when Sparks hit that three to send it to OT...

3. The game we lost to UAB in the second round of the 2004 NCAA tourny...
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Christian Laettners shot
michigan states double ot win chuck hayes senior year
1997 national championship loss to arizona
Those are mine for sure.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:My friend, I apologize for anything negative Ive ever said to you. Seriously. Sid Bream beating the Pirates in '92, and the Cowboys beating the Steelers in SB XXX are easily my two worst sports memories. By the way, Ive argued for 17 years that Bream was out, lol..Up 2-0 goin into the bottom of the 9th, Drabek had pitched the game of his life, and Stan Belinda gives up the game winning hit to Francisco friggin Cabrera (who had all of 17 hits that SEASON)..Yeah that was painful.
The Laettner shot in 1992 was pretty awful too..
Andy Van Slyke's last game as a Pirate, and Lamberts retirement were pretty bad..
Its always hard to lose a Steeler, and we've lost many in the past few years (White, Webster, Holmes, Cope, Steve Courson, Joe Gilliam, David Little, etc)
Losing Pops Stargell was tough..
Losing Derrick Thomas, and of course, losing Paul "Bear" Bryant.

Jack Fleming's passing numbed me. Not only was he the voice of the Steelers, but also the "Voice of the Mountaineers." Bill Hillgrove could not hold Fleming's mic stand. I grew up listening to Fleming do both the Steelers and WVU and Bob Prince do the Pirates.
When Dale Earnhardt died hands down. Ill never forget that day. I remember how frantic Kenny Schraders body language was when he went to Dales car after the wreck to check on him. I remember Darrell Waltrip who was so excited just moments before when his brother had won to just somberly saying "I just hope Dales OK". I remember Dale Jr bypassing interviews after his 2nd place finish and sprinting down pit road to get to the ambulance his father was in. I remember the final shot of the race coverage that day with the ambulance headed slowly out of the speedway. I remember Mike Helton fighting back tears when he uttered the words "Weve lost Dale Earnhardt". I remember just sitting on the couch and crying after that. I remember asking my wife "I never met the guy in person, so why does it feel like one of my uncles just died?" My wife, who has a knack for putting things in perspective for me, turned to me and said "No, you never met him in person, but you spent every sunday with him".

RIP DE3
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:When Dale Earnhardt died hands down. Ill never forget that day. I remember how frantic Kenny Schraders body language was when he went to Dales car after the wreck to check on him. I remember Darrell Waltrip who was so excited just moments before when his brother had won to just somberly saying "I just hope Dales OK". I remember Dale Jr bypassing interviews after his 2nd place finish and sprinting down pit road to get to the ambulance his father was in. I remember the final shot of the race coverage that day with the ambulance headed slowly out of the speedway. I remember Mike Helton fighting back tears when he uttered the words "Weve lost Dale Earnhardt". I remember just sitting on the couch and crying after that. I remember asking my wife "I never met the guy in person, so why does it feel like one of my uncles just died?" My wife, who has a knack for putting things in perspective for me, turned to me and said "No, you never met him in person, but you spent every sunday with him".

RIP DE3

That is why he was so loved by his fans.