Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wildcat Coal Lodge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks as if the gift and name were accepted by the UK board of trustees today.
Just a weird name in my opinion. nothing against mining in anyway.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Just a weird name in my opinion. nothing against mining in anyway.

I agree. Not knacking on coal mining but I think they could have came up with a tad bit better name.
Wildcats11 Wrote:I agree. Not knacking on coal mining but I think they could have came up with a tad bit better name.

Yea. I Support Coal Mining Because Eastern Kentucky Depends On It.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yea. I Support Coal Mining Because Eastern Kentucky Depends On It.

So does UK, as does the rest of Kentucky and the nation.
jetpilot Wrote:So does UK, as does the rest of Kentucky and the nation.

Are u trying to get a point through? Just Curious
The National Media will get a hold of this and UK, Coal , and Kentucky will be raked over the COALS.
5timechamp Wrote:The National Media will get a hold of this and UK, Coal , and Kentucky will be raked over the COALS.

I say screw the media. what do they think powers their home and company.

I just dont like the name lol
What school wouldnt accept the 7 million that the coal company is going to give to upgrade to a better dorm for their athletes?
OK the more i think about this the more it bugs me. why did they change the name?
Its called respect wildcat. show some!!
catwoman Wrote:Its called respect wildcat. show some!!

Respect? I have respect for the coal miners and there families not for the coal companies that stripped this land of its natural beauty and leave us with sludge ponds and contaminated water. As for the name. I think A Coal Miners Lodge Would be better fitted if u wanted it to do with respect.
Call it Coal Miners Memorial Lodge and have a monument outside with all the coal miner's names who have been killed in mining accidents throughout the state. That way we can salute coal mining and the miner and it would be harder for critics to complain. Hazard Memorial Coliseum is dedicated to all the military veterans who have died in action and their names are listed on plaques in the lobby. Why couldn't they have some similar dedication concerning deceased coal miners.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Call it Coal Miners Memorial Lodge and have a monument outside with all the coal miner's names who have been killed in mining accidents throughout the state. That way we can salute coal mining and the miner and it would be harder for critics to complain. Hazard Memorial Coliseum is dedicated to all the military veterans who have died in action and their names are listed on plaques in the lobby. Why couldn't they have some similar dedication concerning deceased coal miners.

:Thumbs:
Quote:Call it Coal Miners Memorial Lodge and have a monument outside with all the coal miner's names who have been killed in mining accidents throughout the state. That way we can salute coal mining and the miner and it would be harder for critics to complain. Hazard Memorial Coliseum is dedicated to all the military veterans who have died in action and their names are listed on plaques in the lobby. Why couldn't they have some similar dedication concerning deceased coal miners.

Thats something that should have happen because the wildcat coal lodge just dont jump out at you
It was said if you want the money name it this.
Simply put, ugh! Wish the board would have came up with something little better, **** The Joe Craft lodge since he did donate the money at least which I preferred keeping Joe B involved in some way.
yeah it would have been nice for it to have something to do with the university like coach cals campers crap i could think of nothing i am not good with names
5timechamp Wrote:The National Media will get a hold of this and UK, Coal , and Kentucky will be raked over the COALS.

Already happening on HuffPo. :argue:

BTW, growing up listening to Jack Fleming do Mountaineer football games on the radio, he would always say "as the Mountaineers take time out we will step out for this word from the West Virginia Coal Association. Coal IS West Virginia!!!"
I love it
[SIZE=2]2008--270,298,543

2007--[B][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]221,470,455[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Coal severance tax collected in KY from coal producing counties. I'm sure UK and Fayette County has gotten their piece of the pie over the years.
[/SIZE]
[/B][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Since the dope industry is so big in KY, maybe the dealers can get together and give a little money to UK and get a building named the "UK pill pipeline dorm". Marajuana is Ky's number 1 cash crop, let's name the girls volley ball dorm the "Mary jane dorm." Maybe the gay/lesbians can name the girls softball dorm after them.
TheRealVille Wrote:Since the dope industry is so big in KY, maybe the dealers can get together and give a little money to UK and get a building named the "UK pill pipeline dorm". Marajuana is Ky's number 1 cash crop, let's name the girls volley ball dorm the "Mary jane dorm." Maybe the gay/lesbians can name the girls softball dorm after them.

Did it really make you this mad? :please:
I agree. They are funding the money, and getting us great facilities. What does it matter what they name it unless it is a stupid name. I for one am glad we are getting this for our players.
No one LIKES the name I'm sure. I agree that it doesn't have a good ring to it whatsoever. BUT the University would be in a tough position to turn that type of money down. It is a good thing that coal is tied into the school somehow considered that IS the economy for this region. Coal keeps the University of Kentucky's lights on.
I love the name, its about time that something in Lexington gives respect to the coal industry. "Coal turns on the lights @ Rupp Arena".
The business "Big *** Fans" is on Winchester Rd they need to get into the action and build a dorm for offensive lineman.