Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: My First UK Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this was my first game in commonwealth and i have to say i loved it. the fans are electric. Everyone outside getting along playing cornhole and having some drinks. The guard at the game even let me go back and get my camera.

here is some pictures me and my girlfriend took. nothing high quality just exicted about the game..

[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...D=16978173]

This guys my hero.
[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...D=16978245]

they couldnt get the flag out.
[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...i=16978323]

Look at these fans.
[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...i=16978368]

[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...i=16978448]

Me and My Girlfriend bought some uk clothing for warmth
[Image: index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=...i=16978203]
You picked a bad one to go to. Fans really weren't that into it and it was super cold IMO. Go to a SEC game or the Louisville game, then you will see a real atmosphere.
Why can't I see the pics?
Yeah, the cold night games are bad to go to, but hey atleast you got to experience it. There's nothing like going to the Louisville game...it's off the wall.
Commonwealth is a great place for a football game. I'm happy for you
Yeah, pics aren't working. But if you thought this game was an electric atmosphere, then just wait until you see a big-time game.

The best fan experiences at Commonwealth I've ever seen are:

UofL @ UK in 2007
LSU @ UK in 2007
Arkansas @ UK in 2003 (the 7 overtime game)
yeah i went to the game last year against Western Kentucky and it was pretty awsome cause i f im not mistaken we had never played them before but it was great and the cats pulled out and one 41-3
That 2007 season had some special games... the UL and LSU games were unbelievable... but in terms of the atmosphere pre-game nothing compares to that 2007 Florida game. College Gameday was there, there were probably 40-50,000 fans there ONLY to tailgate, and boy was it loud!

That's your next goal Wildcat... take in a big game whether it be UL in two years, UT this year, or possibly South Carolina/Georgia next year.
I love Lexington in the fall. UK fans, no matter how bad the season might be going, are always fun and and every game is a good time. My first UK game like I said was in '85 against Bowling Green and BG pulled off a big upset. Ive been to several games but the most fun I had, even more fun than seeing my Bama boys win there 45-17 in '04, was the 1997 UK-Tennessee game with Couch throwing for 476 and Manning throwing for 523. From the time that Air Raid siren sounded till late in the second half, the crowd was absolutely crazy. Tennessee pulled away in the end 59-31, but the game was a BLAST. I also witnessed THE very low point of my live sports events that year in Commonwealth too Sad ..I watched UK and Tim Couch beat my Tide 40-34 in overtime, in a GREAT GAME, for the Cats' first winover us in 76 years..you all might remember me lol..I was the guy in the Shaun Alexander jersey, hung over one of the seats, speechless and wondering why I had to go to this game lol..but I loved those '97-'98 Couch teams in Lexington..what was everyones first UK game??
My first UK game was the LSU hail mary game...I was young and it sucked so bad. I forget the year.

The second time I went I watched the LSU game in 2007. Sweet revenge, but I got tasered as I ran on the field though...Sad
vundy33 Wrote:My first UK game was the LSU hail mary game...I was young and it sucked so bad. I forget the year.

The second time I went I watched the LSU game in 2007. Sweet revenge, but I got tasered as I ran on the field though...Sad
You got tasered? :lmao: Sorry man, but thats some funny stuff:biggrin:
vundy33 Wrote:My first UK game was the LSU hail mary game...I was young and it sucked so bad. I forget the year.

Dude...stay away from UK/LSU games.... I think God is trying to tell you something! OK? :biggrin:
My first game was the 7 overtime game...been hooked ever since
ahhh Arkansas, I was there as well. I remember someone had hacked into the large road signs and changed it to HOGS SUCK DIC@! It was pretty funny, people were taking pics with it until the cops came and turned it off.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:You got tasered? :lmao: Sorry man, but thats some funny stuff:biggrin:

Yeah, I getting ready to run through the endzone. Some fans were stomping the **** out of a security guard(i think) in a yellow jacket and his buddy nailed me.
I'll be going to the MISS ST game this Sat. it'll be my 1st game this season!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That 2007 season had some special games... the UL and LSU games were unbelievable... but in terms of the atmosphere pre-game nothing compares to that 2007 Florida game. College Gameday was there, there were probably 40-50,000 fans there ONLY to tailgate, and boy was it loud!

That's your next goal Wildcat... take in a big game whether it be UL in two years, UT this year, or possibly South Carolina/Georgia next year.

I went to the '07 Florida game and it was crazy the entire game. Most enjoyable football game I've seen at the Commonwealth.
NYY10 Wrote:I'll be going to the MISS ST game this Sat. it'll be my 1st game this season!!

Im trying to get some cheap tickets lol.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:I went to the '07 Florida game and it was crazy the entire game. Most enjoyable football game I've seen at the Commonwealth.

plan on going to more and more every year.
the 2007 tennessee game was awesome.. even though uk lost.. it was a real heartbreaker..
crazytaxidriver Wrote:the 2007 tennessee game was awesome.. even though uk lost.. it was a real heartbreaker..

No matter how many long field goals Seiber may make the remainder of this season I will never, ever, forgive him for that game.