Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How the top 5 BCS teams faired 10/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#1 Florida W 29-19 @ #57 Mississippi State

#2 Alabama W 12-10 Home #41 Tennessee

#3 Texas W 41-7 @ #60 Missouri

#4 Boise State W 54-9 @ #121 Hawaii

#5 Cincinnati W 41-10 Home #90 Louisville

(Opponenets ranking based on Sagarin Computer rankings)

Florida and Bama struggle against better competition, but what Texas did makes me think that this week, Texas was the most impressive team of the top 3. I'm not one to think that the rankings should change, but I am beginning to buy that Texas may be the best team in the country.
Missouri is just not that good this year so Bama and Florida are still the top dogs.
ROLL TIDE ROLL if i was not a UK fan and i mean a huge UK fan i would be a Bama fan TIDE wins the Title
Stardust Wrote:#1 Florida W 29-19 @ #57 Mississippi State

#2 Alabama W 12-10 Home #41 Tennessee

#3 Texas W 41-7 @ #60 Missouri

#4 Boise State W 54-9 @ #121 Hawaii

#5 Cincinnati W 41-10 Home #90 Louisville

(Opponenets ranking based on Sagarin Computer rankings)

Florida and Bama struggle against better competition, but what Texas did makes me think that this week, Texas was the most impressive team of the top 3. I'm not one to think that the rankings should change, but I am beginning to buy that Texas may be the best team in the country.

Come on man, are you serious? You know that any team in the SEC can beat any other team in the SEC on any given night. That's how it's always been. No matter how good or bad they are, that's just the SEC. No other conference is like that. Texas is good, but Bama and UF are on a different level. Your willing to say that Texas is the best team in the country after they beat Mizzou? They have done nothing to suggest that they are anywhere near as good as Florida or Bama.
vundy33 Wrote:Come on man, are you serious? You know that any team in the SEC can beat any other team in the SEC on any given night. That's how it's always been. No matter how good or bad they are, that's just the SEC. No other conference is like that. Texas is good, but Bama and UF are on a different level. Your willing to say that Texas is the best team in the country after they beat Mizzou? They have done nothing to suggest that they are anywhere near as good as Florida or Bama.

Nope, on everything that they have completed so far this year. Big 12 is not cheesecake. Texas won their cupcake their game against a similarly ranked team in a big way. It would only be your opinion to say that Mizzou is not in the same class as Florida and Bama's opponents were, the computers have them ranked withing % points. So, for this week, Texas was the most impressive in the game that they were supposed to win.
I would say Tenn. could beat Texas.
If the BCS standing where left up to me, they would look like so...

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Cincinnati
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If the BCS standing where left up to me, they would look like so...

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. USC
5. Cincinnati

That is way it is not up to you. USC got beat by a 3-4 team. They are in the top 10 because of there name. In past years, a lose to a team like that will knock them out of the top 15.
1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. TCU (with that win over BYU, i would move them ahead of Boise State)
5. Boise State

If Iowa would have win there game more then 2 points. I would have have them as number 5. I would have them as the #6 team. and Cinn as #7.
Stardust Wrote:Nope, on everything that they have completed so far this year. Big 12 is not cheesecake. Texas won their cupcake their game against a similarly ranked team in a big way. It would only be your opinion to say that Mizzou is not in the same class as Florida and Bama's opponents were, the computers have them ranked withing % points. So, for this week, Texas was the most impressive in the game that they were supposed to win.

Man the Big 12 might not be a cheesecake, but it is a fruitcake. You have to agree it is not even close to as strong at it was for the last 4 years.
Overall, I would agree, the Big 12 is not what it was two years ago, but I still put them and the Pac 10 as very solid conferences. I am in no way saying any conference is equal to the SEC, but since we were only talking about this weekends games, Mizzou is certainly in the same category as the teams that Florida and Bama played. Mizzou is one of those teams that no one wants to go to their place and play. Texas thumped them in their own house. Thats the biggest reason why I gave the edge to Texas for this week.
Man Boise and Cincy played some stiff competition. They should be #1 and #2....