Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #5 Cincinnati 41 - Louisville 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Without Tony Pike, UC routes Louisville.
I hate this since it is becoming more and more likely that the cards will make a coaching change. Well at least they're terrible right now.
they need a coaching change IMO
No. 5 UC clobbers Louisville

Coach Brian Kelly wanted to do everything he could to make sure quarterback Zach Collaros would have time to find his comfort zone in his first collegiate start, so he scripted the Bearcats’ first 15 plays.

His approach worked. The initial drive lasted 10 plays and covered 78 yards, with Isaiah Pead scoring on a 1-yard run to give UC a 7-0 lead less than five minutes into the game.

Collaros completed five of six passes for 60 yards and ran for 11 on that drive.
After that, the pressure was off Collaros and any of his teammates who might have been concerned that Tony Pike wasn’t playing quarterback. There would be no drop-off in UC’s powerful offense.

“We got into a very good rhythm with Zach with a good mix of run-pass,” Kelly said. “I think there was a lot of confidence on the sideline and nobody was worried about where Tony Pike was.”

As the game progressed, Collaros directed the offense as if he were a veteran, and No.5 UC beat Louisville 41-10 in the battle for the Keg of Nails before a sellout homecoming crowd of 35,099, the largest in Nippert Stadium history.

The Bearcats (7-0, 3-0 Big East) extended their regular-season winning streak to 13 games and ended a five-game losing streak to the Cardinals at Nippert. It was UC’s most lopsided win over Louisville since a 38-0 victory in 1951.

Louisville (2-5, 0-3) has lost eight straight Big East games.

Pike was not available after undergoing surgery on his left (non-throwing) arm Thursday to replace a plate that had been damaged by two hits at South Florida on Oct.15. He broke the same arm last year.

Collaros, a third-year sophomore, completed 15 of 17 passes for 253 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 52 yards on 11 carries before he was replaced by Chazz Anderson late in the third quarter.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091.../310240023
Anyone see Kragvthorpe's comments after the game saying they wish Pike had played because it makes UC more one dimensional? What an idiot.
Anybody still wanna debate with me that this team isnt for real??
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Anyone see Kragvthorpe's comments after the game saying they wish Pike had played because it makes UC more one dimensional? What an idiot.

Amen
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Anybody still wanna debate with me that this team isnt for real??

I agree, but I'm still stung from last years game against Va. Tech. If they roll Pitt, I'll feel much more comfortable
Louisville is no longer a football school and won't be much of a basketball school this year. Get out your brooms, UK will Sweep UL in basketball and football this year. :biggrin:
Anytime UL gets beat, I'm happy. :biggrin:
Amazing how fast UofL has falled to mediocrity.
was any body really surprised with the rise and fall of the Louisville program i mean a few good years in both sports not really any big time championships like NCAA championships of any sort, only 1 or 2 big east titles but with a new coach over the football program to get it back on track and a few more recruits for New York Rick who i still love no matter what the basketball team can maybe win a national title and if i am not badly mistaken last time they won it all was 1986 so its been a while
Krapflop needs to be handed his bag.

If Louisville had ANY SENSE whatsoever, they'd cut him loose as soon as the final game is concluded and back up the money truck to get Brian Kelly. Kelly is a proven winner at UC and might consider the jump if properly induced.

In any case, as long as he stays, UC's climb will continue. He can go to his local pizza parlor and get a four star recruit to talk to and seems to be winning the battle with the Big Ten and Notre Dame for some of those kids.
Well ul had this comin'
dbcooper Wrote:Krapflop needs to be handed his bag.

If Louisville had ANY SENSE whatsoever, they'd cut him loose as soon as the final game is concluded and back up the money truck to get Brian Kelly. Kelly is a proven winner at UC and might consider the jump if properly induced.

In any case, as long as he stays, UC's climb will continue. He can go to his local pizza parlor and get a four star recruit to talk to and seems to be winning the battle with the Big Ten and Notre Dame for some of those kids.

Kelly will be the next Notre Dame coach. He has already stated that it is the only job that he would want after UC
Louisville is terrible!!!!!
and if their best player Vic Anderson is out for a while, things just got a whole lot worst.

CYA later KRags, I heard Hoptown needed a coach for next season.
UL packed there season in a couple of weeks ago...They have quit!
^ I would agree. They looked completely unmotivated Saturday, including the coaches
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:UL packed there season in a couple of weeks ago...They have quit!

Seems like they packed their bags after the UK game.
Makes you wonder if the Louisville high school players will now want to come to UK.