Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (2) Alabama 12 - Tennessee 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bama hangs on and avoids giving Tidehoss a coronary....
Stardust Wrote:Bama hangs on and avoids giving Tidehoss a coronary....

Tennessee had plenty of opportunities to win this game. 2 Redzone possessions in the 3rd resulted in 0 points thanks to penalties and a blocked FG. Down 9 with 2 minutes left, UT scored a TD to bring it to 12-10, they then recover the onside and get another FG blocked at the end by Terrance Monster Cody.

Great game, but I'm just disappointed with execution.
I hope it burns right in the middle of your chest.

I hate UT.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Tennessee had plenty of opportunities to win this game. 2 Redzone possessions in the 3rd resulted in 0 points thanks to penalties and a blocked FG. Down 9 with 2 minutes left, UT scored a TD to bring it to 12-10, they then recover the onside and get another FG blocked at the end by Terrance Monster Cody.

Great game, but I'm just disappointed with execution.

I was dumbfounded that UT did not make one more attempt downfield and instead settled for a FG attempt. After the poor previous attempts, I would have done everything I could to shave 10 yards off the distance. The trajectory of a 45 yarder, versus 35 could have been the difference in the game.

Excellent game by UT. They did a great job of stepping up to the challenge. My hats off to Kiffin. Lot of people hate him for his Bobby Knight attitude. I, being a Bob Huggins fan, love it. This game proved to me that the Kiffin's will be a force to be reoconed with. It will make the UK/UT rivavlrie a lot of fun
I want to know how many dropped passes Bama had? I know of two that were sure TD's.
I had about five coronaries the last three minutes of that game. I almost threw up when they got into field goal range and I was doubting two blocks in a row. I was just hoping for a choke. Terrence Cody is my hero this week. Yeah it was a shoddy effort offensively, and Crompton played well, but a win is a win. Ill take it. And I have to say that I absolutely LOVE seeing Lane Kiffin lose Big Grin Like....it warms my heart to see him walk off of a football field in defeat, and I hope to see it many, many, MANY more times. WAY TO GO TIDE!! And oh yeah, to all you heartbroken UT fans....hopefully you can win 3 out of your last five and go to the Liberty Bowl Smile I, personally, hope your team implodes and falls apart the rest of the year. But another moral victory for the VOLS! HIP HIP HOORAY! Big Grin

ROLL TIDE!
that last game of the season for the cats is starting to not look so good but hey im just a lowly college football fan
Stardust Wrote:I was dumbfounded that UT did not make one more attempt downfield and instead settled for a FG attempt. After the poor previous attempts, I would have done everything I could to shave 10 yards off the distance. The trajectory of a 45 yarder, versus 35 could have been the difference in the game.

Excellent game by UT. They did a great job of stepping up to the challenge. My hats off to Kiffin. Lot of people hate him for his Bobby Knight attitude. I, being a Bob Huggins fan, love it. This game proved to me that the Kiffin's will be a force to be reoconed with. It will make the UK/UT rivavlrie a lot of fun

Nice post Stardust, I agree with you completely. Kiffin will certainly make a difference at UT; just give him time. I am trying to figure out how to pull for UT when they play UK and pull for Randall Cobb at the same time. Glad UK got the win today. Guess I will just have to cheer for them both and enjoy the win from the team that plays the best that day! (from Alcoa, TN)
let me just say this......THIS IS THE SEC.. BIGBOYS, the teams in the sec beat up on each other with close games and when it comes bowl time they beat the living crap out of other teams.
This game solidifed to me exactly what UT is this year. They play on an emotional roller coaster. When they are motivated and pumped up they can hang around with anyone, but when they aren't 100% focused they are an average team.

It also proved to me that there is only one Kiffen who knows how to coach. Monte's defensive gameplan was brilliant, Lane's decision to be content with a 40+ yard FG with a 1/3 kicker proves he truly is clueless as a head coach.
Classic Tennessee-Alabama game.. Got pretty much what I expected.. Knew it would be close, but also had a feeling we didn't have enough to pull it off. A game we really should've won, but special teams are so important and we've had major problems all year with that. It was a treat watching those two defenses play. We made Alabama's offense look very suspect and the Bama defense buckled down when they had to and held us to field goal ATTEMPTS(Haha) for the most part. I'm disappointed with the loss, but very excited about the direction of the program. If we continue to improve like we have and play with the same effort, theres no doubt we should win out. The only questionable game would be at Ole Miss. College football has so much to do with coaching and we've got one of the best staffs in the business.

After the game I was thinking how I would much rather see Alabama end up as SEC champions, but after reading TideHoss's comments, I'm starting to rethink that. Glad to see you're such a class-act. Is it me, or is it a little ironic that a team who needs to "win 3 out of your last five and go to the Liberty Bowl" exposed you on offense and defense. Yet, all you can think to say is it makes you happy to see Lane Kiffin lose and you hope our team implodes and falls apart. Kinda comical. Congrats on the win and you just keep it classy. I'm sure you will.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This game solidifed to me exactly what UT is this year. They play on an emotional roller coaster. When they are motivated and pumped up they can hang around with anyone, but when they aren't 100% focused they are an average team.

It also proved to me that there is only one Kiffen who knows how to coach. Monte's defensive gameplan was brilliant, Lane's decision to be content with a 40+ yard FG with a 1/3 kicker proves he truly is clueless as a head coach.
Monte Kiffin is one heck of a defensive coach, and I knew this wouldnt be a blowout like the other SEC games we played..Tennessee will be dangerous because they are basically impossible to blow out, and its because they have a STOUT defense. Theyll be in every game they play...They have talent on offense, and Crompton has played very well the last two weeks, but their defense will be what carries them. I still see the Vols going 7-5 this year though..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Monte Kiffin is one heck of a defensive coach, and I knew this wouldnt be a blowout like the other SEC games we played..Tennessee will be dangerous because they are basically impossible to blow out, and its because they have a STOUT defense. Theyll be in every game they play...They have talent on offense, and Crompton has played very well the last two weeks, but their defense will be what carries them. I still see the Vols going 7-5 this year though..

So you see them finishing 4-1? Who do you see them losing to, @Ole Miss or South Carolina?
We WILL beat Tennessee.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Classic Tennessee-Alabama game.. Got pretty much what I expected.. Knew it would be close, but also had a feeling we didn't have enough to pull it off. A game we really should've won, but special teams are so important and we've had major problems all year with that. It was a treat watching those two defenses play. We made Alabama's offense look very suspect and the Bama defense buckled down when they had to and held us to field goal ATTEMPTS(Haha) for the most part. I'm disappointed with the loss, but very excited about the direction of the program. If we continue to improve like we have and play with the same effort, theres no doubt we should win out. The only questionable game would be at Ole Miss. College football has so much to do with coaching and we've got one of the best staffs in the business.

After the game I was thinking how I would much rather see Alabama end up as SEC champions, but after reading TideHoss's comments, I'm starting to rethink that. Glad to see you're such a class-act. Is it me, or is it a little ironic that a team who needs to "win 3 out of your last five and go to the Liberty Bowl" exposed you on offense and defense. Yet, all you can think to say is it makes you happy to see Lane Kiffin lose and you hope our team implodes and falls apart. Kinda comical. Congrats on the win and you just keep it classy. I'm sure you will.
Yeah..you Tennessee fans keep celebrating your moral victories. Ive always hated Tennessee. Always will, and I really dont care if you dont like my post or not. Glad you find it comical. I find it comical that Kiffin talked all that crap before the season, took Bamas top recruitor, tried unsuccessfully to snitch on Meyer, and you all are 3-4. Hopefully Kiffin will continue Fulmers tradition of doing the least with the most. Ill never root for UT. EVER.
At the Uk game they cheered when they announced this,
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah..you Tennessee fans keep celebrating your moral victories. Ive always hated Tennessee. Always will, and I really dont care if you dont like my post or not. Glad you find it comical. I find it comical that Kiffin talked all that crap before the season, took Bamas top recruitor, tried unsuccessfully to snitch on Meyer, and you all are 3-4. Hopefully Kiffin will continue Fulmers tradition of doing the least with the most. Ill never root for UT. EVER.

I really don't care if you hate Tennessee and I really appreciate the fact that you would never root for UT. Call it a moral victory if you like, but we all know things are changing at Tennessee. It took your "almighty" Tide a few years to get to where they are too. If Saturday was any indication, we'll be in great shape once we have equal talent and depth at every position, like Alabama has right now. Its pretty obvious we have the better coaching staff. Just takes some time to gather the talent and depth. You might wanna worry more about Bama finding an offense that can produce enough to win the SEC/National Championships and less about running your mouth about Tennessee. You got exposed and should really be concerned. Your Crimson Tide barely beat that 3-4 team. But hey, live it up.. Talk trash. You won this year. Congratulations!
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I really don't care if you hate Tennessee and I really appreciate the fact that you would never root for UT. Call it a moral victory if you like, but we all know things are changing at Tennessee. It took your "almighty" Tide a few years to get to where they are too. If Saturday was any indication, we'll be in great shape once we have equal talent and depth at every position, like Alabama has right now. Its pretty obvious we have the better coaching staff. Just takes some time to gather the talent and depth. You might wanna worry more about Bama finding an offense that can produce enough to win the SEC/National Championships and less about running your mouth about Tennessee. You got exposed and should really be concerned. Your Crimson Tide barely beat that 3-4 team. But hey, live it up.. Talk trash. You won this year. Congratulations!

Actually..it took them one year. Last year was Saban's 2nd season and he led them to within one game of playing for the national Title.His first season was rocky, but the 2nd season on out has been domination.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I really don't care if you hate Tennessee and I really appreciate the fact that you would never root for UT. Call it a moral victory if you like, but we all know things are changing at Tennessee. It took your "almighty" Tide a few years to get to where they are too. If Saturday was any indication, we'll be in great shape once we have equal talent and depth at every position, like Alabama has right now. Its pretty obvious we have the better coaching staff. Just takes some time to gather the talent and depth. You might wanna worry more about Bama finding an offense that can produce enough to win the SEC/National Championships and less about running your mouth about Tennessee. You got exposed and should really be concerned. Your Crimson Tide barely beat that 3-4 team. But hey, live it up.. Talk trash. You won this year. Congratulations!
lol..better staff?? You all have Monte Kiffin, and pal, THATS IT. I dont worry one bit about "things changing at Tennessee"..you all wont be anymore of a threat than what you are right now. Yeah you may go 9-3 here and there but you flat out wont be challenging for national titles. Lane Kiffin is nothing more than an arrogant little punk that runs his mouth and has YET to back up ANYTHING he said when he took the job. HIS DAD is the reason you all have played people close, and if UK finds a way to end this horrible streak, Lane might not be in Knoxville next year. I picked UT to go 7-5, so I dont know what your problem with me is. Yeah I hope the wheels falls off and they end up 3-9, but so what? As much as UT has snitched on Bama (thanks for putting us on probation in '02, by the way), and with Lane pulling his crap and coaxing our top recruitor into joining the rainbow side, do you HONESTLY expect to get respected by a TRUE Tide fan? Yeah these bandwagon fans will sing your praises, but a TRUE Tide fan never forgets what UT really is. And you wanna talk about classless? How about 1998?? Kentucky beats Vandy 55-17, is 7-3 and riding high on the arm of Tim Couch, heading into their game against the undefeated Vols. That night after beating Vandy, UK center Kevin Watts gets into an accident, killing two of his friends and he is seriously injured. The entire campus was shaken. So what does UT do? They throw a long touchdown pass late in the 4th quarter with starter Tee Martin, up 52-21. I never forgot that either. Tennessee is, and always will be, the SECs scum. Worse than Auburn. Oh yeah, congrats on "exploiting" our weaknesses. We're still undefeated.:1:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Actually..it took them one year. Last year was Saban's 2nd season and he led them to within one game of playing for the national Title.His first season was rocky, but the 2nd season on out has been domination.
Thank you sir, as far as your earlier question, I would LOVE to say UK will end that streak, but as much as I hate to admit, the UT defense is absolutely stout. I think South Carolina will win a very low scoring game, 13-10, something like that, but I believe theyll beat everybody else. I REALLY hope Im wrong and I hope that you are correct in picking UK to end the streak my friend. I would gladly admit you are the king if that happened lol...
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Thank you sir, as far as your earlier question, I would LOVE to say UK will end that streak, but as much as I hate to admit, the UT defense is absolutely stout. I think South Carolina will win a very low scoring game, 13-10, something like that, but I believe theyll beat everybody else. I REALLY hope Im wrong and I hope that you are correct in picking UK to end the streak my friend. I would gladly admit you are the king if that happened lol...

And they way are offense is playing. if they hold UT to within 20 points we wont get 30 yard unless cobb gets every play.
Monte Kiffin sums up this game. Without him, Tennessee is at the bottom of the SEC.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And they way are offense is playing. if they hold UT to within 20 points we wont get 30 yard unless cobb gets every play.
I pick UT 21-3 Sad
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I pick UT 21-3 Sad

Sad,. I went to my first uk game hoss it was awesome.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Sad,. I went to my first uk game hoss it was awesome.
Yeah I love the atmosphere in Lexington during football season..my first UK football game was when the Cats played Bowling Green first game of the 1985 season. UK was coming off of a 9-3, Hall of Fame bowl win season, and was supposed to crush BG............BG pulled off a 30-26 upset lol..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..better staff?? You all have Monte Kiffin, and pal, THATS IT. I dont worry one bit about "things changing at Tennessee"..you all wont be anymore of a threat than what you are right now. Yeah you may go 9-3 here and there but you flat out wont be challenging for national titles. Lane Kiffin is nothing more than an arrogant little punk that runs his mouth and has YET to back up ANYTHING he said when he took the job. HIS DAD is the reason you all have played people close, and if UK finds a way to end this horrible streak, Lane might not be in Knoxville next year. I picked UT to go 7-5, so I dont know what your problem with me is. Yeah I hope the wheels falls off and they end up 3-9, but so what? As much as UT has snitched on Bama (thanks for putting us on probation in '02, by the way), and with Lane pulling his crap and coaxing our top recruitor into joining the rainbow side, do you HONESTLY expect to get respected by a TRUE Tide fan? Yeah these bandwagon fans will sing your praises, but a TRUE Tide fan never forgets what UT really is. And you wanna talk about classless? How about 1998?? Kentucky beats Vandy 55-17, is 7-3 and riding high on the arm of Tim Couch, heading into their game against the undefeated Vols. That night after beating Vandy, UK center Kevin Watts gets into an accident, killing two of his friends and he is seriously injured. The entire campus was shaken. So what does UT do? They throw a long touchdown pass late in the 4th quarter with starter Tee Martin, up 52-21. I never forgot that either. Tennessee is, and always will be, the SECs scum. Worse than Auburn. Oh yeah, congrats on "exploiting" our weaknesses. We're still undefeated.:1:

We shall see my friend. I have a lot of faith in this coaching staff and their abilities. I have no problem with you, just some input on your post-game comments. You seem to be very intelligent when it comes to college football and you're obviously a true fan of your team and I respect that. We're never going to agree, which is expected. A true Vol fan never forgets what Alabama is, as well. The whole UK story from 1998 is a horrible memory for everyone, but its in the past, just like the game on Saturday. I'm over it and ready for the South Carolina game. You did remind me of how much I miss seeing UT and UK battle for The Beer Barrel. One of the best rivalry trophies in history, but was retired for good reasons. I'm done with it, see you next year in Knoxville, as far as the Tide and Vols go.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:We shall see my friend. I have a lot of faith in this coaching staff and their abilities. I have no problem with you, just some input on your post-game comments. You seem to be very intelligent when it comes to college football and you're obviously a true fan of your team and I respect that. We're never going to agree, which is expected. A true Vol fan never forgets what Alabama is, as well. The whole UK story from 1998 is a horrible memory for everyone, but its in the past, just like the game on Saturday. I'm over it and ready for the South Carolina game. You did remind me of how much I miss seeing UT and UK battle for The Beer Barrel. One of the best rivalry trophies in history, but was retired for good reasons. I'm done with it, see you next year in Knoxville, as far as the Tide and Vols go.
Yeah you have a point. A TRUE Vols fan will always hate Bama, and a TRUE Tide fan will always hate UT, so no we probably will never agree, lol..I respect your knowledge of the game, and respect that you are a true fan as well..Ive read a lot of your posts and I have nothing but respect for you, as well. Truth be known, other than "stealing" our top recruitor, I find Lane Kiffin comical, in a good way. Anybody that jabs at Meyer like he does will make closet friends everywhere (except in Florida lol)..I did hate, and I mean, I flat out despised Phillip Fulmer. I went to Knoxville in 2002 and watched Bama snap a 5 game losing streak to UT, which was my top sports highlight (that I got to witness live), and Ill always remember wanting to throw a hotdog at Fulmer, or anything I could get my hands on. But I hated to see him go, because his days had come and gone and he had relegated UT to being a good SEC team instead of being great like they were a few years before. So anyways, next year Ill be able to travel, and I hope to see you in Knoxville. Ill be in my Namath throwback, in my 20 year old Bama helmet with a broken facemask lol..Truce?
Truce.. I'll remember to look for the Namath throwback and the old helmet.. Should be able to find you in a crowd.. LOL. I'm with ya on Fulmer. I hated to see everything go down like that since he had done so much for UT, but it was a much needed move. Wouldn't expect anything, but hatred toward him on your side. All I know, is that if all the Kiffin-Saban games in the series are as good as Saturday's game, then we're in for some treats. And possibly a trip or two to the E.R. LOL.
Tenn showed that Bama, who is good but not number two in the country good.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Tenn showed that Bama, who is good but not number two in the country good.

tenn is also gave florida a game so are they not number 1 good?
Pages: 1 2