Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Connor Messer 7th grade RB, WR, QB, OLB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy9gNXCDrdY"]YouTube - Connor Messer - Raceland Middle School[/ame]

Congrats to the Rams this year!!!! First time in school history to field a seperate 7th and 8th grade team. 80 boys in middle school, 44 came out for football.... 8th grade placed 3 kids on ALL-Conference team Mac Boggs, Zach Litteral and Austin Manis. 7th placed Christian Sargent, Rodney Vance and Connor Messer.

Both teams made the playoffs for the first time, with the 7th grade finishing as North Eastern Kentucky Football Conference Runner-ups.

GREAT JOB RAMS!!!!!!!!!
Congrats You should bring him back to Russell he could probably make the Russell freshman team next year as an 8th grader.
Where is the sound on the video? I just checked my sound on youtube and I get sound on other vids but not this one.
Pretty nic athlete
Nice runs but man the defenses he was facing looks horrible and are just standing around. Lets see what he can do against a strong defense that can run and against the likes of the 270 pound "The Beast" from Jackson Co #59 Khris Noble
Jackson Cofan Wrote:Nice runs but man the defenses he was facing looks horrible and are just standing around. Lets see what he can do against a strong defense that can run and against the likes of the 270 pound "The Beast" from Jackson Co #59 Khris Noble

He played a tougher schedule last year at Russell when they had the 5th/6th grade team and hes a good athlete.

I think the reason he's playing for Raceland this year is because they had a middle school team and Russell went back to the traditional jfl instead of having a middle school team.
Great athlete hope he stays a Ram!
conner is a great backk and i give him props but i think greenup countys 7th grade running backs ,matt lawson reece dillon and brad marsh are just as good
Thanks MATT, I would say that yes,, you and the other 2 are just as good.........
I would say that Lewis Co.'s #15 Urian Darling is just as good as well, if not the speed, definitely more power than Messer, but i seen him play last year for Russell's 5-6th grd. and he is solid.
Urian is a BEAST !!!!! he is a MAN CHILD!!!
U don't have to tell me my friend I kno.
Messer is a good player. Not a great player. Yes the defenses he played against were horrible. I saw 4 games this year.
Lawrence
129 rush
20 ret
0 rec

Fleming
114 rush
31 ret
85 rec

Verity OT
10 ret
10 rush
52 rec

Verity NEKC
1 ret
23 rush
-1 rec
2 fumbles
I also saw the article in the paper about his selection to All-American Team and his stats. Guess what? His daddy keeps his stats!!! The kid is probably a top 10 player in the conference at best. But his daddy markets him and apparently pads those stats too. Its a shame cause the kid is a nice kid.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,,,,, I guess everyone has an opinion,,,and you are entitled to it,,, I still enjoy reading the comments on this board. Thank you for your input.
Conner sure did good against belfry last year when he was at Russell . Give the kid some credit and let him enjoy his time in texas i think thats where the game is he is a good player.
He sure looked good to me! And from averaging 20 yards a carry how can you say hes not great? Competition? Give me a break. What do you want Raceland to do drive 3+ hours to Northern Kentucky for a Jr. High game:please:

He should play a few games on the Freshmen team next season for Raceland. I'm glad to see you out marketing your son. That's how players get noticed! It's alot tougher bieng noticed from the "hollers" of kentucky. I hope he remains at Raceland!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:He sure looked good to me! And from averaging 20 yards a carry how can you say hes not great? Competition? Give me a break. What do you want Raceland to do drive 3+ hours to Northern Kentucky for a Jr. High game:please:

He should play a few games on the Freshmen team next season for Raceland. I'm glad to see you out marketing your son. That's how players get noticed! It's alot tougher bieng noticed from the "hollers" of kentucky. I hope he remains at Raceland!

I think he'll have to play freshman ball next year because of his age. I seem to remember him being a year or so older than the rest of the kids he was playing with, which would give him somewhat of an advantage if this is true.
C'Mon Guys he just turned 13 September 30th, he played in Little League baseball this spring and Summer and was held back in 3rd grade becasue he started school at 4 years old!!! Hey ,, he is in the same boat as Urian Darling from LEWIS CO. I thought that kid was older but come to find out I think he is younger than Connor... Darling is a great kid too !! His family has to listen to the same stuff!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:C'Mon Guys he just turned 13 September 30th, he played in Little League baseball this spring and Summer and was held back in 3rd grade becasue he started school at 4 years old!!! Hey ,, he is in the same boat as Urian Darling from LEWIS CO. I thought that kid was older but come to find out I think he is younger than Connor... Darling is a great kid too !! His family has to listen to the same stuff!!!

My bad. Look Im not out to bad mouth Conner or any other kid. He's a great kid,very respectfull, and the kind of kid every parent would love to have regardless if he ever played a sport in his life. I was stating what I thougt was true, and now I know the facts.
Congratulations to Connor!
Hey mightydaog,, No harm no foul brother... I am learning that not all who question are out to poison the mind... Just mislead.... Dont worry about it!!!
have a good day brother.

OH and thanks Mamabear,, I hope your boys continue to rock the house!!! well not your house,,, but the fields!!! I have seen what they can do and it would be "NOT GOOD" to turn them loose in the house!!!!!! OH and I am out of honey too!!!!!!! hahahahaha
Even if he was older who cares. More people hold back kids to play sports now. When I have a child I hope he enjoys middle school because he's gonna do it twice lol.
Quest4Heisman Wrote:Messer is a good player. Not a great player. Yes the defenses he played against were horrible. I saw 4 games this year.
Lawrence
129 rush
20 ret
0 rec

Fleming
114 rush
31 ret
85 rec

Verity OT
10 ret
10 rush
52 rec

Verity NEKC
1 ret
23 rush
-1 rec
2 fumbles
I also saw the article in the paper about his selection to All-American Team and his stats. Guess what? His daddy keeps his stats!!! The kid is probably a top 10 player in the conference at best. But his daddy markets him and apparently pads those stats too. Its a shame cause the kid is a nice kid.

I am assuming that this thread was started by a proud father or relative. Why would anyone with any dignity go put down the accomplishments someone's child? That is beyond classless. It doesn't matter where he goes to school, be happy for the child that someone in NEKY got a national honor.
Thanks Jaron, Our goal was to draw attention to this area and get people to come here... GUESS WHAT....... IT WORKED.
Andre Rison will be coming to Raceland High school with other NFL stars to give a 2 day camp for all positions. The dates are June 15th and 16th, Tuesday and Wednesday. The camp is limited to 6th -11th grades and the fee is 275.00 for the 2 day camp. As soon as the details are out I will post the updates here.
http://www.andrerison.com/
check out website later for the details!!!!
But like I said, the overall goal is to promote our area and to get other kids from our area to the national scene....... BUt thanks to all who have called and showed support, I overlook the negative and will continue to provide opportunities for kids in our area!!!
I agree with Devilologist....oh excuse me RAM-ologist. LOL I think uplifting our kids in this area is good for the kids, teams, and all schools involved. We have to remember that we should all pull for one another no matter what school they attend including parents and players. We are still a small fish in a big pond in KY. We could use more exposure in this area. Can I ask Andre Rison why left-eye burned his house down or should I keep questions to a minimum LOL