Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morris ineligible... (NOT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DUH!

He signed with an agent and they flew him to workouts, those of you with Bluc colored glasses that thought he did nothing wrong and would be back may finally come back to reality.

UK will still be tough this year, I'm just glad this joke is over.
Wrong the Joke as you say is not over.

WLEX just reported that this was expected. Apparently once they made their ruling UK can now submit the request for reinstatement and the next NCAA groupl will then decide if he is done for good, just the year or suspended for a number of games this year.

NOT OVER YET.
It's not over yet, but it will be as soon as they declare him ineligible again...
Seriously, do you really think he will play this year?

He signed with an agent, and they paid for some of his expenses, please explain why he should regain his eligibility?
This is becoming just like the TO saga lol
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Seriously, do you really think he will play this year?

He signed with an agent, and they paid for some of his expenses, please explain why he should regain his eligibility?
because he is from uk
in all honesty he was wrong and had done nothing to deserve to make the jump he should not get to play again but it is uk (the most dominant team in ncaa history) they will fight till the end. but you are right it is a joke
i am pulling for woo did you see him play the other night he played alot more agressive maybe a turn the tide game for uk's big man????
he isn't goin to play this season
I think he'll serve a hefty suspension, but I do think he'll play....
"I was the greatest" Wrote:because he is from uk
in all honesty he was wrong and had done nothing to deserve to make the jump he should not get to play again but it is uk (the most dominant team in ncaa history) they will fight till the end. but you are right it is a joke
i am pulling for woo did you see him play the other night he played alot more agressive maybe a turn the tide game for uk's big man????

Dude, if you're being serious about Woo being a savior for us, then you're only joking yourself...9 points and 4 rebounds against High Point...Wait until he faces a team that is actually decent...The post game is a joke, and Carter would be a better option than Woo with a little more experience..
Woo will never be a scoring threat and I personally think he is a waste of a scholarship....
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Woo will never be a scoring threat and I personally think he is a waste of a scholarship....

He really is...I feel like Shag is wasting his and our time as well, because he can't succeed in the classroom...Jarred Carter is the best of the 7 footers and the most agile and hard-working...I wouldn't be surprised if Woo or Shag aren't there next year...One will be, One won't...
"98NCCalum" Wrote:Seriously, do you really think he will play this year?

I don't think we'll see Morris in blue anytime soon....unless it's a blue sports coat or tie....I think he'll miss the rest of the season....

He should've thought about his eligibility before making the jump to the pros. Morris just simply wasn't good enough and should've never declared for the draft...

If he is ruled ineligible for the rest of the season, it'll be huge loss to what is UK's missing link. Their guardplay will only take the Cats so far.....a short exit from the NCAA tournament....
"alfus21" Wrote:He really is...I feel like Shag is wasting his and our time as well, because he can't succeed in the classroom...Jarred Carter is the best of the 7 footers and the most agile and hard-working...I wouldn't be surprised if Woo or Shag aren't there next year...One will be, One won't...

I'd much rather work with someone like Carter who is young, wants to play, and even likes contact...He is a project for Tubby and I hope he develops into a great player, in which I think he will....
Just one of the reasons I don't watch UK bball anymore.. To much drama the past couple years...
As WLEX-TV stated "Morris never signed a contract with SFX, they only had a VERBAL agreement".

As bad as I hate to say it, I think the greed for money killed the kid's career. The whole situation was not handled right at all. Morris nor his family would not contact Tubby or UK,instead they let SFX do the talking for him, and that is what the NCAA is going on.

As a die-hard Kentucky fan, I would love to see Morris back in Blue, but I think his college career is over....I hope I am wrong though.
BelfryPride, are verbal agreements binding in the state of Kentucky? And also where was the agreement reached?
I hope he doesn't get to play. It isn't fair to the players this year that bust thier ass and didn't turn their back on the team (sorta of speak).
I think everyone does deserve a second chance. Hopefully, the NCAA suspends him the entire season. Then Next season he is allowed to come back and restablish hisself in UK blue.
i think he should have to sit the season and then be able to come back next season. i think what he did was stupid
to tell u the truth....I dont see Morris playing in a UK uniform ever again....yeah UK is trying to seek reinstatement....but they will probably not get it.....and if they dont I say that Morris is gone for good
"98NCCalum" Wrote:DUH!

He signed with an agent and they flew him to workouts, those of you with Bluc colored glasses that thought he did nothing wrong and would be back may finally come back to reality.

UK will still be tough this year, I'm just glad this joke is over.

I knew it wasn't over.
"98NCCalum" Wrote:BelfryPride, are verbal agreements binding in the state of Kentucky? And also where was the agreement reached?

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!!
This was a fum thread to read...LOL...WELCOME BACK BIG FELLA!!!
I couldn't keep from bringing it back up front.
"CatDawg" Wrote:I couldn't keep from bringing it back up front.

Well done CD!!
Just some info.. It was just said on the news that Morris WILL play after 14 games of the season AND WILL have to pay back the money that was given to him.. So YES he will be playin this year
I heard he would serve a suspension of 14 games
yep thats what I was sayin in the previous statement but he will play this season
I still don't think he should be able to play. Like QQ said, the big bastard turned his back on the team. He should sit his big ass on the bench all year.
and if he ends up starting, then i will probably never watch a UK game as long as tubby is coaching.
He's going to be starting. And the fact is he is a kid and had some people who were just hoping he would get a big contract so they could sponge off him giving him direction last year and telling him how good he was going to be in the NBA. He's a kid or made a mistake didn't break a law just made a mistake.

Same people who say he shouldn't be allowed back for turning against UK to better himself and family would welcome Pitino back in a minute when he did the same thing just to better his pocket and EGO.
Pages: 1 2