Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anderson/ Lexington Catholic Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do many of you see this game shaping up? I see Anderson being way too physical for the Knights. They also have one of the best defenses I have seen this year. I say Anderson 18-0.
If Anderson gets a pass rush, they will win by 2TDs, but if they do not, it will be anyone's game.
I belicve it will be a good game that comes down to if lex cath can run the ball with both backs and play hard nose D
Anderson wins going away... We have faced both teams this year, Anderson is just to physical for LC...
If we play like i know we can play and the coaches don't try to get all tricky with plays we will handely beat LexCath.
Not so fast, Anderson county has a good football team and do some things very well. I believe they have 3-5 physical players on this team. I do believe LC isthe more balanced football team. I've been able to see both teams play this year and would easily give the edge in speed to LC. If our line, who at times have shown the ability to match any physical team can hold their own then it usually is decided by turnovers and speed. If I had to pick this game straight up I would give the nod to LC. LC just got back its NO. 1 reciever and if they play at a high level I really believe LC gets the nod. This is taking nothing away from a very well coached Anderson Co. club. It will be a very competitive game no matter the outcome.
Saw that the score was 14-0. Anyone have any details on the game?
As they say in horse racing - it was a sloppy track. Neither team could get any offense going the first half. Anderson tried the passing game but it was not clicking. LCMS tried different plays but could not get traction until a long play at the end of the half with a pass from Reece Ryan to Josh Mesmer. But the next play ended the half and it was 0-0.

Anderson scwibbed kicked to open the 2nd half and got the miss played kick. Anderson then spread the field to keep the box from being jammed up ran off trackle into the flats where the field had some traction. LCMS adjusted after a few plays but Anderson was already in th red zone and went over the top with a good rollout pass for the first TD. Anderson later put together another drive and got the 2nd TD.

LCMS could not get a drive going and did not get the big offensive plays that it often relies on. The speed runners could not get to the corners and make the big runs and the passing game struggled with bad timing in the mud. The field was definitely not the liking of the Knights who practice and play home games on artificial turf. Anderson stuggled with the same conditions early but made the gutsy call and got the break to start the 2nd half. They also adjusted their play calling in the 2nd half to get what they could in the conditioins.

Congrats to the Anderson County Colts. They played a good game, especially the 2nd half. Good luck next weekend.
Deepest apologies to the Anderson County MUSTANGS (not Colts).
The reason we lost was we are not use to the mud we play on turf and pratice on it we couldn't get our passing game going Congrats Mustangs look out for bowling green
My understanding is that Bowling Green plays Corbin Anderson Co. will probably play Johnson Central Middle School
LC by 10
Navajo4life Wrote:My understanding is that Bowling Green plays Corbin Anderson Co. will probably play Johnson Central Middle School

Thats is true but if u win it will be a diffucult game bc corbin lost to them by 40 last year in finals