Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Spurrier asks SEC if tape trick legal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier said Alabama used some tape trickery to spot field goals and extra points last weekend and is asking the Southeastern Conference if that is legal.
While reviewing video of the Gamecocks' (No. 24 BCS, No. 23 AP) loss, Spurrier said Tuesday that it looked as if the Crimson Tide holder had put a small piece of white tape on the ground to spot PATs and field goals.
"I thought you just had to put it on the ground. But they had a little piece of white tape or something, and I looked at it on tape and I said, 'What's that little piece of white there?' Then after the guy kicked it he grabbed it and put it back in his pocket," Spurrier said.

SEC officials received a formal complaint from South Carolina officials Tuesday and are looking into the matter, league spokesman Charles Bloom said.

Alabama officials said its coaches have been reminded of the rule on placekicks.

Crimson Tide kicker Leigh Tiffin hit both extra points and field goals of 25 and 35 yards Saturday in the 20-6 victory. He also missed a 49-yarder. The senior is 9-of-11 on field goals and 21-of-23 on PATs this season.

Spurrier said he has no idea if what he thinks happened is legal.

"I've never seen that before," Spurrier said. "But I'm sure they've probably been doing it all year."

The NCAA football rulebook (Rule 6-3; Article 10; subsection d) says:

"Any device or material used to mark the spot of a scrimmage place kick or elevate the ball makes the kick illegal."

The penalty is "illegal kick" and is five yards from the previous spot.

Now come on lets hear how there cheaters. i know if it was florida this would already be a thread
^ Well I think Bama is cheaters. Without that tape, they would not be the #2 team in the nation.........

lol
Stardust Wrote:^ Well I think Bama is cheaters. Without that tape, they would not be the #2 team in the nation.........

lol

:Thumbs: :lmao:
^ What, I was beint serious....

JK - honstly, you wait and see, you will hear it from somewhere that Bama is not deserving of where they are at without cheating. What it will do is raise the red flag to those who do not like Bama to say, if they will cheat on this, what else will they attempt to bend the rules on. We will see how this plays out.
Wow, can't wait to see what Hoss has to say bout all this.
they are still the best ROLL TIDE ROLL
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:they are still the best ROLL TIDE ROLL

after all the criticism u give florida this is all u have to say?
All I got to say about this is this. Steve Spurrier, you got your *** handed to you by the Tide. Quit whining like you always do after you get beat and quit making excuses for losing. If it was such an issue, send your **** kicker out there with some tape and use it. However, since you were barely in FIELD GOAL RANGE twice the WHOLE game, does it really make a difference? Steve Spurrier is a little *****. Since Phil Fulmer isnt around anymore, Spurrier takes his place atop the SEC little ***** leader. Oh go ahead everybody and call them cheaters. Id rather cheat and win and compete for titles than play right and go 2-6 in the SEC every friggin year.
The NCAA football rulebook (Rule 6-3; Article 10; subsection d) says:

"Any device or material used to mark the spot of a scrimmage place kick or elevate the ball makes the kick illegal."

Wouldnt this be on the officals then? Just seems like they may get a warning not to continue doing it. I dont think anything can be done about the game.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:All I got to say about this is this. Steve Spurrier, you got your *** handed to you by the Tide. Quit whining like you always do after you get beat and quit making excuses for losing. If it was such an issue, send your **** kicker out there with some tape and use it. However, since you were barely in FIELD GOAL RANGE twice the WHOLE game, does it really make a difference? Steve Spurrier is a little *****. Since Phil Fulmer isnt around anymore, Spurrier takes his place atop the SEC little ***** leader. Oh go ahead everybody and call them cheaters. Id rather cheat and win and compete for titles than play right and go 2-6 in the SEC every friggin year.

Sounds like someone has lost their head? So your saying that you would rather cheat? So why complain about Florida? If this is true it is cheating. You shouldnt over look it since its your team. Your going to talk smack all year until tebow runs all over u like last year. Alabama will get to emotionally pumped to play them and when one thing goes wrong there going to fall apart.
csabo17 Wrote:The NCAA football rulebook (Rule 6-3; Article 10; subsection d) says:

Wouldnt this be on the officals then? Just seems like they may get a warning not to continue doing it. I dont think anything can be done about the game.

It sounds like an on the field call.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It sounds like an on the field call.

Agreed, seems like the officals may get a butt chewing if anything.
csabo17 Wrote:Agreed, seems like the officals may get a butt chewing if anything.

But it still doesnt make it right. If you use glue to catch a ball and the refs doesnt catch it but then after the game someone sees it on tape, something has to be said.

Alabama is clearly better than south carolina and the only team that has a chance of beating florida..still yet.......
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Sounds like someone has lost their head? So your saying that you would rather cheat? So why complain about Florida? If this is true it is cheating. You shouldnt over look it since its your team. Your going to talk smack all year until tebow runs all over u like last year. Alabama will get to emotionally pumped to play them and when one thing goes wrong there going to fall apart.
Yes. I would rather cheat and win, than play right, get out recruited by everybody in the SEC and go 2-6 in the conference. You read that correctly. I dont care to admit it. Come on, OUR favorite college basketball team just hired John Calipari for cryin out loud, so you can save the "you shouldnt root for a cheater" nonsense. Do I talk smack about Florida? NO. I have just said that I believe my Tide is as good as Florida is and I think theyll beat them. You should try having some confidence in your own team rather than hang onto Tebows jock strap and go head to head against anybody that says anything negative about him. I have said a hundred times, Tebow is a GREAT player. Florida is a GREAT team. Tebow is a GREAT influence and a GREAT role model. Urban Meyer is a punk. Am I going to consistently write how wonderful Tebow is in my posts? NO, because ESPN and every other station that covers football refuses to let you forget it. And as far as running all over Bama, you do realize Bama led last year in the 4th quarter dont you? And the time before that, that Bama and Florida hooked up, Bama won 31-3, right? Bama isnt intimidated in the least by Florida, and I GUARANTEE you, that they are going to punch Florida in the mouth EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. And I believe that we will beat the Gators and beat Texas in the national title game. Now, go on and lecture me about how great Tebow is for the game, how great of a person he is, how wonderful his throwing mechanics are (which suck, by the way), how he's the greatest human to ever walk the earth, yatty yatty yadda. Ive given him his due plenty. And he's earned it, but we're still gonna beat his *** in the SEC championship game, and Ill be right here to remind you.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:But it still doesnt make it right. If you use glue to catch a ball and the refs doesnt catch it but then after the game someone sees it on tape, something has to be said.

Alabama is clearly better than south carolina and the only team that has a chance of beating florida..still yet.......
Yeah they should get the entire crew that cost Arkansas the game 20 times over against Florida and the crew that had no bearing at all against South Carolina in the same room, and tell them they shouldnt do it again. Then Urban Meyer should giftwrap his perfect regular season and send it to THAT crew.
If you arent cheating you arent trying!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yes. I would rather cheat and win, than play right, get out recruited by everybody in the SEC and go 2-6 in the conference. You read that correctly. I dont care to admit it. Come on, OUR favorite college basketball team just hired John Calipari for cryin out loud, so you can save the "you shouldnt root for a cheater" nonsense. Do I talk smack about Florida? NO. I have just said that I believe my Tide is as good as Florida is and I think theyll beat them. You should try having some confidence in your own team rather than hang onto Tebows jock strap and go head to head against anybody that says anything negative about him. I have said a hundred times, Tebow is a GREAT player. Florida is a GREAT team. Tebow is a GREAT influence and a GREAT role model. Urban Meyer is a punk. Am I going to consistently write how wonderful Tebow is in my posts? NO, because ESPN and every other station that covers football refuses to let you forget it. And as far as running all over Bama, you do realize Bama led last year in the 4th quarter dont you? And the time before that, that Bama and Florida hooked up, Bama won 31-3, right? Bama isnt intimidated in the least by Florida, and I GUARANTEE you, that they are going to punch Florida in the mouth EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. And I believe that we will beat the Gators and beat Texas in the national title game. Now, go on and lecture me about how great Tebow is for the game, how great of a person he is, how wonderful his throwing mechanics are (which suck, by the way), how he's the greatest human to ever walk the earth, yatty yatty yadda. Ive given him his due plenty. And he's earned it, but we're still gonna beat his *** in the SEC championship game, and Ill be right here to remind you.

Your Post really Made Me Laugh. Faith In My Own Team? Your Making This something its not. Going on about how Kentucky isnt the powerhouse that alabama is. This thread has nothing to do with that. Im talking about Alabama using illegal tactics to have an advantage. Its like usuing steroids in baseball. not that serious but same difference. And about punching florida in the mouth? Ill admit you have a great team that is playing great. Yes Florida isnt beating teams by 30+ points(Since The Kentucky GaME). Remember tebow is coming off a serious injury. There going to be ready for bama and will prove to be victorious again.

(SORRY HOSS NO MORE GOOGLE FOR ME) as is the Gator Special Teams unit. Let's not forget that Florida beat Alabama WITHOUT Harvin in the SEC finale last season... not much difference in last year's O except for experience and Harvin.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah they should get the entire crew that cost Arkansas the game 20 times over against Florida and the crew that had no bearing at all against South Carolina in the same room, and tell them they shouldnt do it again. Then Urban Meyer should giftwrap his perfect regular season and send it to THAT crew.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions placed the University of Alabama on 3 years' probation today for "major violations" uncovered in the school's 2007 textbook investigation.
UA will be forced to vacate football victories from games during the 2005, 2006 and 2007 seasons in which one of seven "intentional wrongdoers" participated.

Yes your team is clearly a clean program..... never done nothing wrong.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your Post really Made Me Laugh. Faith In My Own Team? Your Making This something its not. Going on about how Kentucky isnt the powerhouse that alabama is. This thread has nothing to do with that. Im talking about Alabama using illegal tactics to have an advantage. Its like usuing steroids in baseball. not that serious but same difference. And about punching florida in the mouth? Ill admit you have a great team that is playing great. Yes Florida isnt beating teams by 30+ points(Since The Kentucky GaME). Remember tebow is coming off a serious injury. There going to be ready for bama and will prove to be victorious again.

This Gator D is among the best that ever stepped onto a college gridiron - as is the Gator Special Teams unit. Let's not forget that Florida beat Alabama WITHOUT Harvin in the SEC finale last season... not much difference in last year's O except for experience and Harvin.
Do tell, HOW did this post make you laugh? You asked me about cheating, and I answered your question honestly. And using tape to spot field goals is the same as using steroids in baseball? And MY post is funny? And as far as Floridas defense being the greatest to step onto the gridiron. THE most hysterical thing Ive EVER read in my entire life. EVER. When, and I repeat WHEN Bama and Florida step onto the field they wont even be the best defense on the field! Best defenses? Penn States '86 team was good. Bama's defenses from 1958 to 1997 probably put out 15 defenses better than that. Miami had several defenses better than this one. Nebraskas 90s teams..yeah Florida dont have a top 10 defense of the last 20 years lol..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Do tell, HOW did this post make you laugh? You asked me about cheating, and I answered your question honestly. And using tape to spot field goals is the same as using steroids in baseball? And MY post is funny? And as far as Floridas defense being the greatest to step onto the gridiron. THE most hysterical thing Ive EVER read in my entire life. EVER. When, and I repeat WHEN Bama and Florida step onto the field they wont even be the best defense on the field! Best defenses? Penn States '86 team was good. Bama's defenses from 1958 to 1997 probably put out 15 defenses better than that. Miami had several defenses better than this one. Nebraskas 90s teams..yeah Florida dont have a top 10 defense of the last 20 years lol..

Me Laughing was about how upset u was getting and talking about my UK team. Its not the same as roids but its still cheating.
The Defense Came from a website that i read. Google, Copy, Paste.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27127...-it-matter thats the link.

I was copying the beating alabama without harvin thing.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The NCAA Committee on Infractions placed the University of Alabama on 3 years' probation today for "major violations" uncovered in the school's 2007 textbook investigation.
UA will be forced to vacate football victories from games during the 2005, 2006 and 2007 seasons in which one of seven "intentional wrongdoers" participated.

Yes your team is clearly a clean program..... never done nothing wrong.
Okay, now google where I said Bama's always been a clean program Big Grin
And while your at it, google how many final four appearances John Calipari REALLY has?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Me Laughing was about how upset u was getting and talking about my UK team. Its not the same as roids but its still cheating.
It was from a website that i read. Google, Copy, Paste.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27127...-it-matter thats the link.

I was copying the beating alabama without harvin thing.
Im not at all mad...I just despise Spurrier and think that its a chicken **** thing to do after he just got whipped. I could see him whining if his team ever had a shot to win, but they didnt, then YOU mentioned the "now pick on poor little Florida" crap. And you mentioned cheating and I said I would rather pull for a winner that bends the rules. I never mentioned Bama being a superior powerhouse than UK. Anywhere. I just said that I would rather compete for titles than go 2-6 every year.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, now google where I said Bama's always been a clean program Big Grin
And while your at it, google how many final four appearances John Calipari REALLY has?

see your making it personal again. kentucky has has many infractions way before Calipari. Probally will have many after hes gone. Your overlooking the fact that if the allegations are true your team cheated. No matter how u look at it. And theres nothing wrong with u wanting to cheat and win. Thats your opinion...Would i love to see a bull crap penalty called for kentucky with 7 seconds left......Heck yea...... at least i can admit calipari has done some wrong doing
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, now google where I said Bama's always been a clean program Big Grin
Since your having such a hard time finding it, the answers are zero and zero.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Im not at all mad...I just despise Spurrier and think that its a chicken **** thing to do after he just got whipped. I could see him whining if his team ever had a shot to win, but they didnt, then YOU mentioned the "now pick on poor little Florida" crap. And you mentioned cheating and I said I would rather pull for a winner that bends the rules. I never mentioned Bama being a superior powerhouse than UK. Anywhere. I just said that I would rather compete for titles than go 2-6 every year.

Believe me i hate Spurrier to. Everytime someone asks him about a win he replies, "we beat a good kentucky team that same way years back"
Wildcatk23 Wrote:see your making it personal again. kentucky has has many infractions way before Calipari. Probally will have many after hes gone. Your overlooking the fact that if the allegations are true your team cheated. No matter how u look at it. And theres nothing wrong with u wanting to cheat and win. Thats your opinion...Would i love to see a bull crap penalty called for kentucky with 7 seconds left......Heck yea......but your overlooking it. at least i can admit calipari has done some wrong doing
Dude, your high. I never once said WE DIDNT CHEAT. Where have you been the WHOLE DISCUSSION. Im not overlooking anything, lol..
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Believe me i hate Spurrier to. Everytime someone asks him about a win he replies, "we beat a good kentucky team that same way years back"
Well we agree on something:biggrin:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Since your having such a hard time finding it, the answers are zero and zero.

NCAA is forcing the Alabama football team to vacate 21 wins from 2005 - 2007.

google that!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Dude, your high. I never once said WE DIDNT CHEAT. Where have you been the WHOLE DISCUSSION. Im not overlooking anything, lol..

did u finish reading the post? i said and there is nothing wrong with u wanting to cheat and win.
I predict ur next post will be a bunch of uk infractions along with coach cal.
Pages: 1 2