Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gruden and Louisville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have heard this now form several different people that John Gruden has been talked about as being the next coach for Louisville. I haven't seen anything in the news about this.

Anyone else know anything?
My initial thought is that makes no sense at all. At UT, he has a very good recruiting base, plays in the best college football conference in the country and is a nationally respected program. I first thought that there is NO WAY he would consider this.

Then...

You go to Louisville, a relatively weak football conference, at another Nationally recognized school (not until recently though for Football), carry your old recruiting connections in the south from what he started at UT and play in a BCS conference that literally could put you in a Championship contention virtually every year if you go undefeated.
Gruden is doing Monday Night football. Were you thinking of Kiffin?

If they get a new coach I hope it is him since if he does build them backup he'll just leave to go back to the NFL and they'll have to start over again.
I think Gruden will be the next coach for the Redskins, that job will be open soon
He has had official meetings with the President and such from what I have read...
Well to be honest I hope he doesn't take the job.
gish_7 Wrote:I think Gruden will be the next coach for the Redskins, that job will be open soon

Good point
Well, I guess we can put this to rest.

GRUDIN SIGNS EXTENSION WITH UT
http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/65081867.html
Stardust Wrote:Well, I guess we can put this to rest.

GRUDIN SIGNS EXTENSION WITH UT
http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/65081867.html
Are you on something today? GRUDEN not KIFFIN. Kiffin is at UT, Gruden use to coach the RAIDERS / TAMPA BAY won Super Bowl now doing Monday night football. :thatsfunn
^ LOL, WOW, Was I totally lost on this one.... Lol, excuse my ignorance and continue to ignore me as usual......

:eyeroll:
..............I am just going to fade away......
I thought you were just drinking on the first post, but then the second I was like he's on something good.
I wouldnt be suprised if he did go to the Ville. But I dont think he will, why leave MNF for less money.
I would like to see him at the Ville good coach
CatDawg Wrote:I thought you were just drinking on the first post, but then the second I was like he's on something good.

Hold on, I'm just now sobering up.....:Clap:
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I would like to see him at the Ville good coach
Gruden at UL = bad news for UK
Might be bad for a couple of years but he wouldn't be there long.
CatDawg Wrote:Are you on something today? GRUDEN not KIFFIN. Kiffin is at UT, Gruden use to coach the RAIDERS / TAMPA BAY won Super Bowl now doing Monday night football. :thatsfunn

Sidenote: Gruden did coach at UT. That is where he met his wife. He was a GA there after he left Dayton I believe. I believe it was while Fulmer was the OC and OL coach.

Now I can understand why someone could get the two confused due to the way they sound and talk. They are very similar in that manner.
I think it would be a good fit. I respect and like the guy.
gish_7 Wrote:I think Gruden will be the next coach for the Redskins, that job will be open soon

I agree with you on that....I dont see Gruden taking a college job
Anything is possible, but I don't think it'll happen. Gruden turned down Tennessee's interest last year, which pretty much tells me he's content with staying around the NFL. He was a Grad. Assistant at UT at one time and his wife graduated and was a cheerleader at UT. He had some ties to Knoxville, but said no thanks. With his level of success in the NFL and the level of play by some of the NFL teams this year, there are going to be a few job openings. He'll definitely be a candidate.

Some who could be candidates.. Phillip Fulmer. He's said that he wants to coach again. I think he's going to be out to prove himself after being fired by Tennessee. Tommy Tuberville would be a possibility. And look for Terry Bowden to be back in D-1 really soon. He's having a lot of success at North Alabama. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that Louisville will more than likely be looking for a new coach and there are a lot of good coaches out there who will be available.
Maybe Stardust has had one too many knocks on the head
Sounds like those fights with EKY natives is getting the better of you stardust
I don't see Gruden heading to U of L. His brother Jay was a nice QB there once upon a time.

Fulmer? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Jurich has a lot riding on this job situation, though, and I don't think he's going to throw the job offer at Fulmer or Tuberville - but hey, sometimes a veteran is just the way to go.

An old coach, U of L's collapse and three or four hyphenated teams a season have kept UK's program hovering at mediocrity for a few seasons now. The Cardinals would have to (and love to) improve enough to be called mediocre.
Come to the Redskins Gruden..COMETH!
The only college Gruden would coach would be Notre Dame...

Other than that...he's a NFL style coach.
I would really like to see him at the ville
I sure hope not...great coach and what player wouldnt want to play for him?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Come to the Redskins Gruden..COMETH!

:Thumbs:
i think it would be a good fit and great for a dying Lville. but it wont happen cause it probably makes more in the MNF booth than a Lville football sideline
Pages: 1 2